• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokespecial hoenn // brief synopsis + Ruby's hat

Tweak

for those who want to know what happens in hoenn and don't have access to the books, these might be spoilers. >D i hope u guys will get into the pokespecial manga from these short synopsis. it's a cool story >D we need to get more people reading! oh yah...Sapphire DOES question about Ruby's "white hair" but Ruby claims it is a hat. o_O;;; I guess it is a hat then...i always thought it was hair. hahaha. we shud put up a poll for that.

---------------------------------

SECTION #181

Norman is shown displaying his cool battling skills to some TV reporters.*

Then, the scene switches to Ruby inside of a moving truck. Ruby is sewing hats for his Pok?mon, to make them look beautiful. Ruby's mom starts speaking to him, then Ruby says he is busy. His mom gets angry, but Ruby ignores her because he's busy dressing up his Pok?mon.

The moving truck then gets stuck. Ruby's mom tells him to come out and help. Ruby says no. Ruby then tells his Ralts to use psychic attack and move the truck out of the stuck position.

SECTION #182

Professor Birch is doing field research an various Pok?mon while sitting on top of a tree. Little does he know, there are Mightyena closely watching him.

In Littleroot Town, Ruby is moving into the house. He unpacks his items and he notices a present. Inside is a pair of shoes and note from his father. Ruby doesn't care much and throws the shoes inside the trash can. He seems to resent his father. Ruby wants to win at the Pok?mon contests and is not interested in battles.

Ruby then starts to climb out of his window with a rope, then he re-thinks a bit and takes along the shoes from his father with him. Ruby then runs into Professor Birch. Birch is swinging around on the rope coming down from the tree and lands on his bottom. This causes the Mightyena to come out of hiding.

Ruby thinks the Mightyena are very beautiful, but...then the Mightyena start to attack! Professor Birch and Ruby make a run for it. Ruby sends out his Poochyena and uses leer attack. It doesn't seem to have much effect. Except for making the Mightyena even angrier. Ruby then dashes off, Professor Birch can't keep up with the speed that Ruby is running at!

Ruby then runs so fast that he goes off a cliff, then a mysterious figure that comes swinging on a rope comes to save him. Ruby blacks out then awakens later to find his Poochyena next to him. Ruby then receives a call from Professor Birch. Professor Birch knows a lot of information about Ruby. Ruby is really surprised, this is because Professor Birch saw that Ruby had running shoes. The only person that could get those shoes is Norman, which is Ruby's father.*

Ruby is amazed at the knowledge Birch has. Then suddenly, from afar, the mysterious "Pok?mon" that saved Ruby comes towards him. Then it starts to speak. Ruby gets freaked out that a "Pok?mon" is speaking and tells his Poochyena to attack. The "Pok?mon" then reveals its true self. It is actually a wild jungle girl and her Torchic in disguise!

SECTION #183
    Well, the wild girl and her Torchic start to chase Ruby. Professor Birch, while on the communications device with Ruby tells him to open up the bag. Turns out Ruby has Professor Birch's bag. Inside are two Pok?balls. Ruby isn't the best battler, so he still looses when he picks the water type, Mudkip. The wild girl gets mad at Ruby for being rude even though she saved him.*

On the other side of the phone, Professor Birch asks Ruby if there's anyone else there because he hears noises. Ruby says a wild girl. Professor Birch then says that is his daughter, Sapphire. Sapphire is helping him out with field work. Ruby goes nuts when he finds out. After, the two settle down, Sapphire senses something wrong.

Behind them! There is a giant Seviper! Sapphire jumps onto the Seviper and the two try to battle Seviper. Sapphire tells her Mudkip to flame the Seviper, then the Seviper is defeated.

The two start talking about their different dreams and argue with each other. Turns out Ruby wants to attend contests and Sapphire likes to battle better. The two start a small bet. Whoever can get either all the badges or all the contest prizes will win.*

After saying this, Sapphire then passes out. Ruby then remembers that while trying to save him, Sapphire had been hurt by the Mightyena. Ruby helps Sapphire out, and also sews clothes for her, and then leaves the cave.

Before he leaves, the Seviper awakens again, but with a quick flash, Ruby defeats the Seviper...is he actually good at battles? We'll find out...

SECTION #184

Sapphire awakens to find out Ruby had sewn clothes. Ruby makes it back to Professor Birch's lab. Meanwhile, Ruby is checking out his Pok?mon and how well they will do at contests. The Mudkip has a variety of personalities. Then, the leaves next to Ruby start to move and hidden is a Dustox!

Back at the lab Ruby's mom calls Norman. Norman then gets angry at his son for running off. Norman then goes out to look for Ruby.

Ruby's Pok?mon are all defeated by the Dustox and he only has Mudkip left. Amazingly, Mudkip defeats the Dustox with one attack! Ruby is surprised that his Mudkip that seems to always have one running nose defeated the Dustox.

Back at the lab, Professor Birch is surprised that his daughter is going out to get badges. Sapphire then swings out of the lab from a rope.

Years
    ...I knew Ruby doesn't have long white hair! XD
    but then...that leaves to the assumption that he has the same hair as his father.... O.O

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    yeah. Its obvious he doesnt have White hair. I have the volumes. he opens a closet and...............many of those white cap hats! :rambo:

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Its hair cause in my guide book they draw him from the back side leaning down adn you can see the hair line

Years
    The official art has nothing I repeat, nothing related to the manga art. The official art didn't display Red with bangs, nor Gold with Goggles. Ruby has hats, seen 'em and he has bunches of em.

Tweak

yeah. Its obvious he doesnt have White hair. I have the volumes. he opens a closet and...............many of those white cap hats! :rambo:

yah!! when i got to that part i was like O_O;; ehhh, intresting... that's a funny hat though. >_< i hope they pokespecial shows a pic of him without his hat on for once. as someone said, maybe his hair will be like norman's...o_O;

o yah, i've added some small scans fo the synopsis located on my web page. and below is an example of what i thought was funny. xD

ruby: there is a wild girl chasing me!!!
    birch: wha-? wild...girl...oh, that's my daughter, sapphire.
    ruby: !?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

pokespecial hoenn // brief synopsis + Ruby's hat

hahaha, xD that part amuses me.

Purin said:
    I guess I will have to wait even longer for those books to be translated =(
    btw Zapchu I put the link to here on the Pokespecial website...hope you won't mind...

o yah, i made a button fer ur webpage. >D hope that's fine with you. so i used it ta link to ur webpage. kekekeke.

Last edited:

Tweak

That's what I thought... or worse... what if Ruby's a girl? (ROFLMAO) XD

errr, what is sapphire is a guy. =X...okay forget i said that.

maybe ruby has spiked hair.

Back