• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SOLVED] Porymap - Region Map Layout Size

Days
    • Seen today
    Hi everyone

I'm making this thread because I've been having trouble uploading my own map to the game for the last two days. I've finally managed to incorporate my own tilemap and map palette.
    I'm trying to make an updated and complete tutorial on how to import a new region map into Pokemon Emerald... But.

I've got a big problem now. As you can see from the screenshots, my map is a bit longer than expected. 1.png

Porymap offers to enlarge or shrink the Map Layout, but it doesn't work.

When I enlarge the Y axis, I get these errors:
    2.png
    3.png

When I shrink the X axis, the game build, works, but when you go beyond the layout 'zone' (on the right), this happens: (the screen will speak better than me).
    4.png

So my question is simple:

Is there a way to fix this? For example, do I have to wade through the code somewhere to 'update' routines or values to reflect my changes?
    Have I forgotten a particular step?

How does this work?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Hi everyone

I'm making this thread because I've been having trouble uploading my own map to the game for the last two days. I've finally managed to incorporate my own tilemap and map palette.
    I'm trying to make an updated and complete tutorial on how to import a new region map into Pokemon Emerald... But.

I've got a big problem now. As you can see from the screenshots, my map is a bit longer than expected. View attachment 159996

Porymap offers to enlarge or shrink the Map Layout, but it doesn't work.

When I enlarge the Y axis, I get these errors:
    View attachment 159998
    View attachment 159997

When I shrink the X axis, the game build, works, but when you go beyond the layout 'zone' (on the right), this happens: (the screen will speak better than me).
    View attachment 159999

So my question is simple:

Is there a way to fix this? For example, do I have to wade through the code somewhere to 'update' routines or values to reflect my changes?
    Have I forgotten a particular step?

How does this work?

Thanks in advance.
    The error should tell you that the array sRegionMap_MapSectionLayout is set to be a specific size. Those size constants are defined in src/region_map.c.

Back