• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Hora

Blizzard-Prince

digitalARTIST not for hire
Years
  • Okay, so I recently got back into spriting, and here's a little something I'm working on a revamp of.

Spoiler:

This was a fakedex I had around 2009-ish. xD

So, I'll be working on revamps of the fakemon I have. If you guys have time, possible reply to this or suggest a fakemon to revamp next by giving me its number on the 'dex. :)

Currently done are:
    No.34- Maglunt
    Spoiler:

No.35- Chargnite
    Spoiler:

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years

Your revamps dont look much like fakemon as they look like monsters from a game. I really like that style too. I think you should continue with that.

In fact, number 99 inspired me to design a monster myself. now that the monster is designed, it looks nothing like number 99, but still ;)

Last edited:

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • as soon as i finish Spriting it, which will most likely end up being tomarrow, I'll post it in my thread The Pixel Palace.

Yeah, Really liked the Grass Starters as well, mainly their designs, and number 21 is quite interesting.

Years
  • You've got a fun style. Pretty consistent, too, which is great to see. I love the way you interpreted fire in #6. Not at all typical, but you can clearly see it's fire and I think it works to great effect.

Since you're revamping I'm sure you can see where you need to work the most so I won't point out everything I see (and it's really not a lot), but for one thing your new Maglunt's face looks flattened. Having the highlight on its face on the underside makes it look a little like the inside of a plate or bowl. With its evo, are you planning to make it animated with the various amounts of fire or are those options you're thinking of using? If you're still deciding how much fire I'd say use either the no-fire one or the bigger fire. The medium fire just doesn't stand out as much as it should.

Also, I gotta say, I love the lighting on the earthworm. That's got to be my favorite of what you have here.

Blizzard-Prince

Years
  • Ah! That's why it looked odd to me. Thanks! I'll fix up Maglunt first chance I get. Yeah, my fakedex experiments alot with different styles of fire and stuff. xD

Thanks for the insightful critique. :)

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • I'm not much of a critic, but the Chargnite is phenomenal. The creativity, originality and design for it is outstanding. It's a shame that fakémon such as these don't get to be Pokémon in the official games and such. Have an ego boost as I really think it's awesome.

Blizzard-Prince

Years
  • Thanks, Arumus! :)

Number 60

Number 76

They went through a bit of redesigning.

And I forgot to put this little guy in. Currently without a number.

(Sprited around 2009?)

Two more old sprites, both designed by a friend and donated to my fakedex.

Frillidro

and Mercuraf

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Wow! You're work is absolutely splendid! You're shapes seem very definite and smooth, and your shading on your new ones seem very precise. And on that note I think you should do 115 and 117 some time.

Oh and may I ask how long you have been spriting?

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Oh well that had to have sucked :/ though my dad thinks the same haha so I just do my tiles when he's not home lol

Blizzard-Prince

Years
  • I'll have to work on that. It was actually inspired by FF13's Bahamut design. xD

By the way...

Hydrogon - Number 114 - Primordial Tide Pokemon

Water was commissioned by a friend. Nekomata's her name. xD

Back