• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Regional Variants

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Hello, I have taken interest lately on regional variants and took a crack at my own, here's an example with the torchic and it's evo's

Regional Variants

I originally got the idea after seeing a mega steelix somewhere on smogon and decided to just go for it. I had only intended on doing torchic but ended up doing all

Anyone would like to give me ideas on what to do next? like for example a pokemon species and the variant specifics, (type, appearance, etc)

Years
    Sweet job I have to say!
    I do want to remind you though; when you start pasting and recoloring parts, you wanna keep it consistent. The shading on the legs for the Blaziken sprite I know were barely touched on so it looks really nice and shaded well. However, for the Combusken arms and feathers on its head, it looks flat. Try to recolor outlines instead of all black outlines - not every outline needs to be recolored - just balance it out and recolor along highlight colors.

If you want Pokemon suggestions and typing - how about grass mudkip line?

Keep it up!​

Back