• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Rom Help/Suggestions

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    Hey guys, I'm new. I'm trying to find a game with forced Nuzlocke settings like Nameless Fire Red, but without the 800 something pokemon. I don't care for anything past Gen 3, and I'd prefer fire red as it is, with the addition of those nuzlocke settings (and maybe the ability to obtain all 150 pokemon on my own) any advice for roms like that? I know I could just play the game and Nuzlocke myself, but I can't be trusted.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys, I'm new. I'm trying to find a game with forced Nuzlocke settings like Nameless Fire Red, but without the 800 something pokemon. I don't care for anything past Gen 3, and I'd prefer fire red as it is, with the addition of those nuzlocke settings (and maybe the ability to obtain all 150 pokemon on my own) any advice for roms like that? I know I could just play the game and Nuzlocke myself, but I can't be trusted.

Hello! I don't know of any patch or rom with only those features: they're definitely more common on big games such as Insurgence, where programming that in is a relatively small effort compared to the rest of the project's required workload.

What did it for me, though, was keeping updates here and maybe reach out for motivation during the challenge. I've started a lot of nuzlockes without ever finishing them, but when you start getting into that mindset of following the rules no matter what, I'm sure you'll be able to complete a Nuzlocke on your own without any mod that enforces it! Another tip I could give is start from another kind of challenge, like a Monotype, the "Ones that got away" and such, and really focus on following that ruleset. It will be easier to apply that to the Nuzlocke Rules eventually, too!

By the way, I notice this is your first post on the forums - welcome in! Feel free to introduce yourself in the Meet & Greet section as well 😊

Back