• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving as a .PNG with a windows 98?

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
Years
I haven't figured out how to do it and I would like to know if it's possible that when saving your Paint program files you can make them as a .PNG while using a windows 98? If this isn't the place for this please move it!

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
Well it should go to the computer section in Other Chat I think.
Did you try going through the file extensions on paint? Changing the file extension manually by renaming and changing .JPG (Or whatever) to .PNG?

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
Wrong place.
~*Moves
Ithink it goes here.
There should be an option under the file type option. I'm not sure if it is in the 98 version of paint. You can do that of just type .png at the end of the file I think.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
Years
I don't think Paint came with PNG capability until WinXP.

Microsoft Photo Editor will allow you to convert BMP files to PNG format.*

Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Photo Editor

* Note: You will need a version of Microsoft Office to have MS Photo Editor installed. I think nearly all versions included it.

Sawyer

���
Years
Paint doesn't have .PNG. you have to use the phot editor to convert filetypes. (of course, i have a mac, so no Paint for me. i use photoshop and imageready for everything)

HellishHades

Pure Evil
Years
ACManga said:
Paint doesn't have .PNG. you have to use the phot editor to convert filetypes. (of course, i have a mac, so no Paint for me. i use photoshop and imageready for everything)

Paint can indeed save PNG file types.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Actually, you can. Open a pre-existing PNG file in Paint. Make a change or two, then save (NOT save as). It should let you now. ^_^

Back