• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SHOP] The P i x e l O v e r Palace

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
  • The P i x e l O v e r Palace
    (Alliteration is actually amusing)

So I've been kinda lazy and unmotivated when it comes to spriting lately so I decided I should force myself into some pixel labor and open up a shop. I'll only be offering Pixel Overs right now, but I may be adding things in the near future. (When that happens, the shop will be renamed "The Pixel Palace"

R u l e s
    - All PokéCommunity Rules apply -
    - Do not request when the shop is closed -
    - I don't have slots, but please don't overburden me -

- I will only do Sugimori or Dream World Artwork -
    - Please direct all questions to PM/VM -
    - You may use these in your signatures/avatars, but please credit me! -
    - Please do not use these outside of PC without my permission -
    - If you see any error or mistake, please point it out so I can fix it! -

E x a m p l e s

77Z3DzX.gif
    vuICLMp.gif
    EJE60sb.gif

more/better examples coming soon!
    all 3 examples are of Dream World Art

F o r m
    Code:
    Pokémon:
    Sugimori or Dream World?:

C o m p l e t e d P o k
    é m o n
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    Pokémon:Arbok
    Sugimori or Dream World?:Dream World

Pokémon:Bisharp

Pokémon:Honchkrow

If you only have time for one, do Bisharp

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Whoa, whoa, hold on. What are these? I'm intrigued, but I have no idea what these things are -- what's the difference between Sugimori and Dream World? Are Pixel Overs pixelated versions of designs that are normally 3D or drawn?

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Pokémon:Arbok

Pokémon:Bisharp

Pokémon:Honchkrow

If you only have time for one, do Bisharp
    Accepted! You were the one who requested them in my Sprite Gallery, right? My apologies for not starting them sooner!

Whoa, whoa, hold on. What are these? I'm intrigued, but I have no idea what these things are -- what's the difference between Sugimori and Dream World? Are Pixel Overs pixelated versions of designs that are normally 3D or drawn?
    I know I said to ask questions via PM, but this time I'll let it slide. :)

Sugimori is the official style of artwork drawn by Ken Sugimori, whereas Dream World art is the Art that is...well, in the Dream World. How are they different?
    This is the Sugimori art for Charmander: click!
    And here is the Dream World art: click!
    They're different in style, lineart, shading, etc.

A Pixel Over is literally pixeling over any sort of Pokemon art. (Pokemon-wise, it's better to use official artwork to ovoid plagiarism. If you look at my Charmander Pixel Over, it looks exactly like the Dream World art. That's because I shrunk it down and sprited over it. (Is that a word? :P) It's difficult to explain and my explanation isn't the best, but if you simplt google "pixel overs" or "pokemon pixel overs" You'll get more examples.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    I know I said to ask questions via PM, but this time I'll let it slide. :)

Sugimori is the official style of artwork drawn by Ken Sugimori, whereas Dream World art is the Art that is...well, in the Dream World. How are they different?
    This is the Sugimori art for Charmander: click!
    And here is the Dream World art: click!
    They're different in style, lineart, shading, etc.

A Pixel Over is literally pixeling over any sort of Pokemon art. (Pokemon-wise, it's better to use official artwork to ovoid plagiarism. If you look at my Charmander Pixel Over, it looks exactly like the Dream World art. That's because I shrunk it down and sprited over it. (Is that a word? :P) It's difficult to explain and my explanation isn't the best, but if you simplt google "pixel overs" or "pokemon pixel overs" You'll get more examples.

Sorry about the PM thing -- I was a little overwhelmed with everything that I didn't really read the rules. (. . . I guess the thread needed an explanation in it somewhere, anyway :P) I am certainly intrigued --

Pokemon: Mismagius
    Sugimori or Dream World: Sugimori

Please and thank you!

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Sorry about the PM thing -- I was a little overwhelmed with everything that I didn't really read the rules. (. . . I guess the thread needed an explanation in it somewhere, anyway :P) I am certainly intrigued --

Pokemon: Mismagius
    Sugimori or Dream World: Sugimori

Please and thank you!

That's alright! It's mostly my fault, I assumed that everyone (If not most peopel) had known what a Pixel Over is... my mistake!

You request is accepted! I'll get to it when I'm finished my first three.

Back