• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Help :P

House of Numbers

Team Magma *****istrator
Years
  • Hey, I really wanted to start making banners and stuff for people, as well as be able to make them for myself, but I can't do anything very good. It's all just really basic stuff and cruddy stuff, for example:

Some Help :P

So I was wondering if anybody had some tips for me that would help me get better at doing this so I could start making things for people. FYI, I'm currently using GIMP, but I can download anything that would help me.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • You should go ahead and get a program that's more of a use for graphics involving banners, avatars, buttons, etc. Something like Adobe Photoshop CS2. I've never downloaded GIMP, so I don't actually know how to work with it, nor give you advice on how to use it for the purpose of creating better graphics. If GIMP is as good as CS2, then you should just keep practising and eventually get better. If you truly want to create graphics in a short amount of time, search for a tutorial. I suggest that you check out NF (Naruto Forums), then go the Graphics forum, and you'll get outstanding tutorials on how to create many types of graphics with different styles. They're very helpful, I even have tried some out and they've worked well enough for me.

By the way, how long have you had the program you're currently using?

Last edited:

House of Numbers

Team Magma *****istrator
    Years
  • I know. But I mean, seriously, look at my banner compared to any decent one.... I should at least be able to do something near that by now.

I can't find either of those forums you where talking about. :P

Back