• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

some questions...

Years
  • I'm hoping to get my manga-style comic published one day...and I have some questions...

how old do you need to have a comic published? do you need a degree in cartooning?

and if you know any publishers in the New Zealand area, can you please tell me the person's address, phone number, name, what kind of comic they're looking for, e.t.c.

I'm only 12, but I think I'm a good drawer for my age. If my scanner was working I could show you how good I am.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I don't know any publishers in that area, but the best bet is to go to Japan when you're order, and publish a manga there. (since manga is japanese) I've never heard of any manga drawn by non-japanese people published in New Zealand... =/

Years
  • when I'm order? What's that meaning?!?

Well I've actually heard several new zealander artists have been influinced by
    manga, but haven't been able to publish their stuff yet. But do you know any age regulations for having a comic published? I guess you're right, it will be a couple of years before i'm even the age to publish a comic.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Well, when I was in Taiwan, there was this contest similer to the TokyoPop one but it had an age limit...13 and over. n_n;

Rhythmic5

V.I.P
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2004
    The only difference I can make with Anime vs. Other comics is just the style. (meaning the art style) I've seen many "manga" with story lines veri similar to say Tintin, Noir-type, Bad Soap Opera type, etc. The other difference I've noticed is they, "manga", have better action sequences. Example, the artists give a better view to make the action more realistic to the reader. So, there's not really an "anime enough" meter to go by, since comics can follow basically any story line.

Most publishers don't need to be in your area either. I've seen a few "manga" books by
    people from Europe, being published by a Japanese publisher. The publishers I would recommend that are purely Japanese, but from which I know will accept work from outside Japan are Kodansha, Young King Comics, and Asuka Comics. Use Google to find their pages.

I hope I've been somewhat of a help.

Back