• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon Special PT429

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I could say that this chapter makes me think that Kusaka have made Charon into more important character, not like in the games. He certainly will play major role in upcoming storm later, now he is freed from his captor, Looker, and even make him severely injured. I wonder though how could Platinum's pokemons manage to bail out both Looker and Buck from Heatran and Charon?

This chapter have downside though, because the battle against Argenta is definitely rushed:(

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Well, the Platinum chapter is about Platinum trying to rescue her bodyguards, Paka and Uji. The BF was only a side thing so they had to finish it quickly...

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Well, At least they can show some more of Argenta's pokemon. That'ts kinda expected though since the whole Chapter itself are rushed.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, the Platinum chapter is about Platinum trying to rescue her bodyguards, Paka and Uji. The BF was only a side thing so they had to finish it quickly...

Well, Emerald's was about the battle area for him too, so at least they have precedent on that. I think that the idea is ostensibly to rescue the bodyguards, but that's not REALLY the main goal. It's similar to the D/P arc, the main goal was to get Platina to the mountain, but in the end that wasn't the whole point of it, they had to deal with the evil team and all that stuff which was much more important.

The "Rank 10" reference intrigues me. Does the Pokemon world have a system similar to ours, that puts Dragonite on the top of the list? How is it decided? I want to know @_@ But then later it's referenced not as Dragonite the species being rank 10, but just that particular 1...so maybe not but I still want to know. xD

Also, is it just me or did this chapter seem longer than the rest? Maybe it's because there are a lot of different things going on instead of 1-2 like normal, but this chapter seemed really long.

And, finally...Palmer blushing so cute C:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Ranking refers to the strength of the Pokemon you have to fight in the Battle Hall.

You have to pick between one of the 17 types of Pokemon to fight until you reach Argenta. The more of the same type of Pokemon you pick, the stronger the ranking and strength increase. Rank 10 is the strongest.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Ah I see. I don't use the Battle Facilities at all in-game, so I just kind of skim over the rules and such because I figure it's something I can learn as I read xD

Back