• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites... In a Hat (FHT's Pixels)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I've been spriting on and off for about two years. I think. It feels a lot more like one just because of my extreme slowness in doing these. :P Anyways, I do basically whatever I want with sprites, whether it be fakemon or those PJ challenges that are always interesting to do.

My Fakemons

Spoiler:

Commissions/Requests I've Done

Spoiler:

Other Stuff

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, these are great! I really like your use of colour.

If I had one minor criticism, it would be that your sprites often seem to be facing to the left, and most Pokémon sprites point slightly more forward. But other than that, they're great!

You say you just do this for fun?

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Hey, these are great! I really like your use of colour.

If I had one minor criticism, it would be that your sprites often seem to be facing to the left, and most Pokémon sprites point slightly more forward. But other than that, they're great!

You say you just do this for fun?

Thanks!

Now that you said that, I noticed it a lot more. :S Probably something to keep in mind for me, I guess.

Plus, spriting's more of a fun thing for me. I do commissions, but I just like spriting a lot. :3

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
    Years
  • These are great! But... in your fakemon, the green one with the music notes... is that Clefteome (from Monster Ranch)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Yup! My favoritteee monster design so far for me. Went through a lot of changes from the original version way back in 2010. Looks like I forgot to stick up its pre-evo up there though. >:C

So updating with a set of commission sprites I did for someone on dA and Menomere:

864b618b719529701a74a26aa8b33944-d50do8x.png

(I noticed the size issues on that one. Did these at all different times, and also was doing it based on the poses I liked for them so... yeah. That would explain some of it.)

And Menomere:

409a0def57aa3e520cd057f6a2b6a137-d4d249v.png

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    comment on the latest update ..
    I like your sprites, good shoulders and great shading ^ ^

I would reduce a bit and size, which I find too large to be the first evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I did another commission for a friend of mine a while back here. It's of one of her OCs and hence, why it looks weird.

82be995af22782f5247a78b37e322b19-d50iq0q.png

Was actually playing around with Kiwinuptuo's shading style because I didn't like using celshading with the plain white. I really like it a lot though. :3

Years
  • I did another commission for a friend of mine a while back here. It's of one of her OCs and hence, why it looks weird.

82be995af22782f5247a78b37e322b19-d50iq0q.png

Was actually playing around with Kiwinuptuo's shading style because I didn't like using celshading with the plain white. I really like it a lot though. :3

The amount of anti-aliasing you have applied for its front right leg is very intense. It looks like there's banding, and I think it would look fine without the anti-aliasing on the outline.

Back