• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites, Pixels and More: Nova's Sprite Showcase

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
  • Since I haven't been here in awhile and due to the fact that I haven't done much spriting in the past few months until now I don't expect me to have any god given talent as of now. But non the less here's my stuff.

Recent Work:

• Scratches:

BacktoWork-1.gif

These are revamps of old sprites for the fan game Pokemon Malachite.
    Also some self-made, from scratch cries I made in Audacity to go along with them..

Do not use or redistribute!

• WSC Entries:

tentaquil_ver2.png

WSC121.png

These where made for the WSC or "Weekly Sprite Challenge" over at Serebii, categories for each being..
    -Make a sprite of an existing meme and
    -Retype a fighting pokemon into a steel type

• Recolours:

BeacheyKeenRecolor.png

Older Stuff
    Dunscarce2.gif
    - First ever Scratch
    SeldunShiny.png

My first and official fakemon I ever made. It went through a little, many, a lot of small changes when I first started spriting to now. This has also placed 2nd in last years "Design-a-Pokemon Contest" (that had much more info than seen here) which I'm surprised/proud with.

thunkong.png

I'm thinking about redoing this in the near future since it's showing it's age as well as various mistakes.

Now once I get some ideas for my own fakedex I might post some of the sprites here and I'm always open for some criticism.

Last edited:

kittykitten

I'm a glitch
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    I'm impressed with all of them, but the left leg on the final evolution of the bird looks a little awkward.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • Just made some edits to the problem areas of the 2nd stage of the bird line (Sorry not sure what the name is, OI hasn't messaged me back at all yet) such as the tail, legs and back wing. Tell me if there's any more issues.
    ObligatoryFakemon.png

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • WOW these are amasing! have you ever concidered making a whole fakedex? your skils are amazing, and i especially love that dunsparce evo :)

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    I really like your bird scratch! As for the fighting pokemon, I think you need to define the face more because it's hard to see where the fists are.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • CrystalDunsparceRevamp.gif

Just a "meh" update, something I made for the Crystal Revamp project.. And since I'm not too great at revamps or animations I still find some place for refining and constructive criticism.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • CrystalDunsparceRevamp.gif

Just a "meh" update, something I made for the Crystal Revamp project.. And since I'm not too great at revamps or animations I still find some place for refining and constructive criticism.

Did Dunsparce always do that in its Crystal animiation or any of its animations as a matter of fact? if not then that was something really hard to pull off and you did a great job with it because most people have problems pulling off new animations for Pokemon. I love the coloring and shading of it and most of all I love how you made Dunsparce's tail spin like that.

:t354:TG

Back