• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Spritesheet to gif batch converter for battle sprites + battle sprites renamer (number to name)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Hello!
    I've written a little script to instantly convert a bunch of spritesheets into the gif format. It was made for the battle sprites, but it can be used with any spritesheet as long as all the frames are square.

DEPENDENCIES
    ImageMagick (downloadable here)

INSTRUCTIONS
    You need to save the following code as a .cmd file:
    Code:
    FOR %i IN (*) DO
    	magick identify -ping -format '%h' %i.png
    	magick convert -dispose 3 -delay 4 -loop 0 %i.png -crop %hx%h +repage %i.gif
    Then place it in the same folder as the spritesheets you want to convert, and execute it.

Goodbye kind stranger, I hope I helped a little in whatever you needed this for!

P.S. I don't really know what category this post belongs to. I selected "Release" because it's the closest to what I made.

Days
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    How exactly do you save the code as a cmd file? I copied the code into notepad and then saved it as a cmd file put when I open it, it just closes and does nothing. I don't think it's a problem with ImageMagick since I have that setup fine, maybe it has something to do with me using Windows.

Back