• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suger and Spice Pixel Art

Do you like my artwork?

• Yes! It's Pwnsome!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it's good.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It's ok.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, not really...

• No! I hate it!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suger

Legendary Pokemon of Sweets
Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I was a little bored and created a few pictures. They aren't really pokemon (mostly), but I might use them later in a game of some sort. Maybe.

I would apreciate constructive criticism, please give a reason for why you like it.

Humans
    Spoiler:

Creatures
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • They are okay I have to admit,
    But maybe they can be somesort of fire/fightingtype pokemon?
    Well great work, and good effort ;)

Suger

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Cool idea. Maybe an evolution of flurril.
    I haven't really thought of most of the evolution chains of most of the pokemon I create. I often just come to it later and go, "Hey, that works!"

But.. Now I come to see the images of flurril and arcania together, I can probably make them into one evolution chain. But for now I think I'll make them seperate.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • You got a good smooth lineart on Arcania, yet not on Flurril.

Also, the sprites look too flat. You should add some contrast to the colors inside to make them recognizable, and give the piece some depth.

Right now, you got the whole bunch of light colors inside clashing with the dark outlines. This needs to be balanced.

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    The 1st one is awsome, but there is something with the second one,the legs are too large for the body, just like the tail

Suger

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Thanks for the crit... I'm updating the first post with some more sprites and stuff now.

About the colours; I often get them a bit messed up, though I think the colours on Arcania (normal) are better than what i usually have... Though that's just me ^^

About shading; I have never really been very good at shading, though recently improved alot. Though that dosn't meen I'm as good as I would like ^^;

About lineart; My lineart has improved alot more than either of the above. If you want proof I'll put up an old picture or two to compare with. Plus my anatomy skills, both human and animal, have improved too, I used to get proportions massively wrong (heads, hands, arms, you name it, I got it wrong ><).

^ Based on info from the past 2 years ^

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Oh i like the Miirii but the Shinrai has something that makes it look like it has two bodes but I like the shading on it other than that I likey!

Back