• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto

Illustrator
Years
  • Hello!! I am Takoto, please enjoy my artworks !! I will update every day or two days, I mostly draw Pokémon; Steven Universe and animals right now. Alongside each picture I will probably link to a bigger version of the picture encase people want to see.

I study Illustration at University (third year), now it's Summer I have time to draw lots of Pokémon stuff...

Takoto Art Thread !

Bigger view here (tumblr)

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

I also occasionally film the colouring process!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ykQRroRaE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1tJa2_w3f0
    (I could not get youtube video to show up, sorry !!! )

Thank you for viewing !!

Years
  • Wow your style is just incredibly cute! I think my favourites are the bird and the Togekiss :>>

If I really wanted to criticise something, I think the perspective of some of your feet is a bit off at times, particularly on the Oddish and Espurr which makes them look like they're in a rather unnatural position. That's just a really small thing though haha

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • Some more art, I started a series of redrawing Gold/Silver sprites because they tend to have interesting poses. Though, my tablet pen nib broke so I've had to order a new one, but luckily I have a bunch of art queued up on tumblr and will post them over next week !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

Takoto Art Thread !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbrJxvhhVg - Latias drawing on YT (filming the colouring)

Wow your style is just incredibly cute! I think my favourites are the bird and the Togekiss :>>

If I really wanted to criticise something, I think the perspective of some of your feet is a bit off at times, particularly on the Oddish and Espurr which makes them look like they're in a rather unnatural position. That's just a really small thing though haha

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Thank you so much !! I really enjoy drawing birds, and the Togekiss was a commission for a friend, I think it turned out pretty nice (he really liked it, so I think it was a success).

That's a very fair point, I actually struggle quite a bit with feet/paws/lower legs, both drawing them in general and getting the perspective right, I've been practising a little recently, but I still have a long way to go. I think I struggle with perspective in general when it comes to more dynamic pictures (which is why I tend to play it safe and go static unless I'm practising/doing anatomy practise).

Thank you !!! |DD

Years
  • Again, super cute art! I really like the redraws. I can definitely see the original poses in them but they still have your own twerk to them :>

And yeah, I can really relate to that problem with dynamic poses ... it can be real struggle! haha In the end it's all just practise, practise and more practise ... and some inspiration, I guess hehe

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Some really nice stuff you have here!

If I were to tell you one problem I have at the moment, it would be your feet. They just seem stuck at awkward shapes of poses a lot and don't quite fit the movement your characters possess (or don't in some cases)

With this piece the feet are very oddly proportioned, and don't match each other at all. The shape and size don't match, and they just seem very unnatural as a whole.

This and this piece both have a similar problem, in that the feet just seem a little awkwardly bent, and don't sit right with the movement or position the body of the Pokémon is in. Oddish seems like its foot is stuck in that position for good, whilst your Espurr looks as though its ankle is broken, since the foot is twisted a little too far around.

The problem with this piece is that she has two left feet. Literally! Or at least it looks that way, the way the toes are arranged. If the foot was the correct foot (the right one) and was perhaps twisted a little more to point "towards" the viewer, it would be a major improvement!

I don't mean to sound rude or mean typing that, and I apologise if I came across like that; I just want to try and tell you how I saw them, to try and let you know where you should try to improve. Otherwise your drawings are cute, albeit with some shaky line work here and there, but that will improve with time ^^
    All in all, some good stuff, with a lot of potential, I look forward to seeing more!

Years
  • Well, feet's been mentioned quite a bit, so I guess I'll comment on other things!

I'm diggin the palettes you use. Pastel like, easy on the eyes, and the value range is pretty good! The usage of patterns and textures are pretty nice, as well.

If there was anything else I had to mention that's considered constructive criticism, I guess it would be to work on lighting and shading. The light source sometimes is hard to tell what direction it's coming from because of the shading directions you make. In the recent pieces, it seems you have a better grasp of it though!

Back