• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Im Unsure About (BL?)

Years
  • For starters I am essentially COMPLETLY new to competitive battling, I mean, I've known about it all for ages...but I've never really tried making proper teams, always sticking to my favourite pokemon, considering I rarely have anyone to try and beat, Ive never needed to come up with amazing strategies or anything.

ANYWAYS, first off, I didnt know exactly what to consider my team, its hardly overused as most are UU, but theres a couple OU/BL but in this particuar case it doesnt matter too much.

Basically, Me and my partner are secretly training teams to beat each other; He doesnt know *tons* about competitive battling, but he knows enough to easily beat me, for reasons of wiping the smug smile of his face, I NEED to beat him...hes never been beaten -_-''

I thus concocted a team of my favourite pokemon, however, while all in all there decent pokemon, the 6 of them together show some very obvious flaws; mainly in type coverage.

Anyway, the team =]:

Roserade (Lead) Item: Wide Lens Ability: Poison Point Nature: Impish
    Evs: 252 Speed 252 SPAtk
    Moveset
    Sleep Powder : Obvious really, Incapacitate Pokemon Roserade cant easily take care of, giving her time to switch.
    Grass Knot : Although its obvious use is STAB, I mainly chose this as I have reason to believe he's likely to use a Ryhperior.
    Spikes/Toxic Spikes (Uncertain) : Weather I'll bother with this one or not I dont know, another damaging move would probably prove more useful.
    Leech Seed (Uncertain): Perhaps the extra healing/sapping damage would prove helpful, but once again another straight on attacking move for easy sweeping might prove a better choice.

Crobat (Sweeper) Item: Leftovers or Life Orb Ability: Inner Focus Nature: Adamant
    Evs: 252 Speed 152 Atk 104 HP
    Moveset
    Brave Bird: STAB with already high attack.
    Roost: Obvious really...
    U-Turn: Once again...
    Confuse Ray/Torment/Taunt: Confuse ray would prove irritating, Torment seems useful to me, Taunt is what most sources recommend, although I cant see her living long with a Taunt in effect.

Gardevoir (Sup/Sweep) Item: Light Clay Ability: Trace Nature: Bold
    Evs: 252 HP 32 Def 48 Sp.Atk 176 Sp.Def
    Moveset
    Psychic: STAB with already high attack.
    Charge Beam/Will-o-Wisp: Stat Increase plus damage OR Burnt opponent...unclear which yet
    Light Screen: Essentially because Gardevoirs whole existance on my team is to support my next pokemon and to cause a dent of damage should she gain the chance.
    Barrier: Same as above.

Gliscor (Baton Passer) Item: Leftovers? Ability: Hyper Cutter Nature: Timid
    Evs: 252 HP 62 Speed 196 Sp.Def
    Moveset
    Baton Pass: Obviously...
    Harden: Most would recommend Rock Polish, but considering my main sweeper Crobat is fast enough and my next has high defences with average speed, I decided a more defended Crobat would be most useful.
    Swords Dance: Obvious.
    Subsitute? Torment? Rock Polish?: Subsitutes are unreliablie in my expieriance, Torment I never hear much about but it sounds useful to me, and Rock Polish for if I have time to Increase Speed as well.

Drapion (Sweeper) Item: Scope Lens Ability: Sniper Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 Atk 252 Speed
    Moveset
    Night Slash: Such high chance of a critical hit with baton passed Swords Dance is too hard to pass up :3
    Earthquake: Mainly for some Type Coverage
    Ice Fang: Same again
    Whirlwind? Aqua Tail? Brick Break?: Whirlwind just to remove opponents resistant to him, Aqua Tail and Brick Break for extra type coverage.

Probopass (Wall) Item: Leftovers? Ability: Sturdy Nature: Calm
    Evs: 252 HP 152 Defence 106 Sp.Def
    Moveset
    Protect/Magnet Rise: Either could be useful, Protect however giving chance coverage against both Fighting and ground, however forcing me to switch out if thats the case. If theres just ground to worry about I could just continue walling with Magnet Rise :]
    Stealth Rock: Obvious
    Toxic: Still Obvious
    Power Gem: May as well do some damage...

These are my prefered six pokemon, if you can see any realllly obvious flaws that Im being completly oblivious too feel free to point them out.

Other Pokemon I was considering were: Gallade, Tentacruel, Driftblim, Bastiodon, Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Blaziken or Magmortar.

Anyways, give me an idea of how my first team works out if you could? Ive basically just used my favourites in it, so it probably falls useless, considering my favourite pokemon seem to stay around the same types. Is it capable of beating anything? and if not a few pointers would be really useful =] I have good reason to believe my opponent may use Ryperior or Infernape so yeah, just so you have an idea what my team could be against.

Thanks in advance n' that ^_^''

xxx

Back