• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Pressure Ressurrected [OU RMT]

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    I haven't been in the competitive game for a long time. I've had this team for a while, and I started using it again, but seeing as how I don't know what's changed in the metagame since I played before, I figured I should just post the team to be rated.

There are a few problems which I will list below, but overall I think it's pretty solid. I'll leave you to decide. Fresh look and everything. I named it team pressure because...I couldn't think of a name, and suicune's ability is pressure so yeah. =p

Quick Look:
    -c

Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 204 HP/88 Atk/216 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock
    ---
    Took me a while to figure out this lead. Basically, he wants to get in, taunt and/or set up rocks, and gtfo; and he's surprisingly good at doing all that. He's really only threatened by users of ice moves, except that I gave him a yache berry. This is mostly for lead Apes so I can e/q while absorbing the ice punch/hp ice, and then switch to ttar for the sandstorm if the ape has a sash. He also deals with lucarios pretty well, assuming I can keep him alive, since ice punch on them from what I can remember is pretty rare.

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Hydro Pump
    ---
    Primary sweeper; it's the most destructive force on the team. Also my answer to gyarados. HP electric helps wonders against other waters as well, and throws opponents off as well as creating the psuedo boltbeam combo along with hydro pump to hit any pokemon for at least neutral damage, and many for SE. He forces out a lot of pokemon so he can usually get off a CM before having to choose between attacking or switching out. Even against many of his so-called counters and checks, after a CM or two he can prove surprisingly versatile. I went with the slightly bulkier ev spread + lefties to give him more survivability, since he has h-pump for sweeping.

Infernape (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Grass Knot
    ---
    My favorite wall-breaker. Mixape is really a beast despite being so frail. If he can come in unharmed, he can easily sweep entire teams especially if things like gyarados are killed by suicune. Even the mighty swampert fails to wall this guy due to grass knot (though, of course, he can't actually counter swampy; that's why rotom's there). In addition, he outspeeds and OHKOs all mences except the scarfers, and they're not that difficult to outpredict. Steels also fall at the hands of infernape, aside from occa berry metagross and lucario with a strong enough extremespeed.

Tagliaerba (Rotom-c) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Leaf Storm
    - Trick
    ---
    Yay for covering glaring Swampy weakness my team would otherwise have! Ape does have leaf storm but that's only a revenge kill at best. Anyways, this guy's defense is good enough so that he can pretty comfortably switch in to Swampy and scare him off, possibly tricking my scarf onto whoever switches in or onto the swampy, which is also fine. I do hate the susceptibility to pursuit, but hey, that's the way it goes. Also nice for switching into e/qs and spinblocking, not to mention being able to revenge kill things like latias, gengar, gyara (actually, he can also counter gyara if he switches in before a dd), etc.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    ---
    ROFL. I've never seen this set before. He's there for supporting the team by trapping ghosts and giving priority, which is great for switching in to things like a hurt salamence. I also love switching into trick latias's and pursuiting them on the way out =D Anyways, Gengars also hate this guy, as most of them from what I remember seem to be running hp ice instead of hp fire, at least in my experience. Regardless, bullet punch and pursuit are both OHKOs, the problem is predicting which to use...I'm considering a bulky CBGross in this spot though because he can also counter most gengar and he gets ice punch for outraging dragons. I think that would support the rest of the team better than scizor does. What do you think?

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Punch
    ---
    This guy generally comes in on something it can force out. I'd forgotten before using this guy what a beast DDtar can be. One wrong prediction on my opponent's part and I generally reach +2 attack and +2 speed, and end up sweeping most or all of the opposing team. He catches psychic moves as well as countering zapdos, and probably some more pokes that I can't think of right now. I chose fire punch instead of aqua tail to deal with scizors whose bps get weakened by the berry. All I don't like about this guy is that his sandstorm doesn't benefit anyone else on the team...it actually does quite a bit of damage, to be honest. I got a comment on another forum that I should change suicune to latias and this guy to a gyarados, what do you think?

Current issues:

Lack of a reliable Dragon counter; suicune has ice beam but can have trouble getting it off if he has to switch in. Infernape has HP ice and can OHKO most dragons, but again, getting him in the is the problem and if they're scarfed, he's screwed. Considering a CBgross in scizor's spot with ice punch to catch outrages.

Considering (based on comments from other forums):
    u-turn>>roost on gliscor
    metagross>>scizor
    suicune>>latias and gyarados>>ttar

Thanks for reading guys. All comments appreciated and remember I've been out of the game for a while. Kthxbai

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    For Infernape, I don't like Fire Blast (maybe because I have bad luck ;-;). So personally I'd go with Flamethrower instead. Also Nasty Plot in place of HP is good too

I like Scizor with Life Orb with
    -Agility
    -Baton Toss
    -Swords Dance/Iron Head
    -X-Scissor

I can see what you're going at, but I think this would be efficienter

And the only other suggestion I can think of is Earthquake would work in place of Fire punch on Tyrannitar

But uhh...If you suggest he should replace CB Scizor with a Baton Passer, you need to suggest why it benefits him more and who he could pass to instead of simply saying it's more efficient O__O

Anyway, consider Lum Berry > Yache Berry on Gliscor to help with sleeper leads, or even Leftovers to keep him healthy for the duration of the battle.

Ape wants 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe, These attack EVs let him score guaranteed OHKOs on all forms of T-Tar, Snorlax. Blisset, Heatran ect.

I'll come back later maybe.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I never knew Infernape used Hidden Power Ice while leading, or I never encountered it. Either way, you shouldn't keep Gliscor in on Infernape because it takes off 67% of Gliscor's health with Fire Blast. So I suggest Leftovers instead of Yache Berry, because Yache Berry is really situational (and is only useful on Baton Pass Gliscor variants as they cannot switch out) and only helps you versus Swampert leads.

u-turn>>roost on gliscor
    I doubt scouting would be more useful than reliable recovery. And Gliscor being your main answer to Choice Band Tyranitar, you would want to stay alive and take advantage of Gliscor's bulk.

Otherwise, solid team, I didn't find any major weaknesses from glancing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Hey thanks guys!

@Aurafire: I will definitely try the lum instead of yache and see what happens. I suppose I have Suicune to deal with lead apes, anyways, since the only leadape move that can hurt it is close combat which it wouldn't be using against gliscor anyways. As for the Ape evs, do you think it would be a good idea to do that if it removes his ability to outspeed all unscarfed mences?

@Ookami: Same thing about gliscor, I'll try both yache berry and lefties and see which one works best. As for roost, I'll stick with it for a while. I was only thinking U-Turn for lead zelfs and uxies, and so it can actually do something against levitaters/fliers, but I suppose it's not entirely necessary as only having e/q hasn't seemed to be too much of a problem lately.

Thanks again guys, I'm still open for further comments too. ^_^

Back