• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Test

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    UU Sandstorm RMT

Intro
    This is a team in need of a good bit of help. It's certainly not just something I threw together, it's pretty lacking in synergy. While actually fairly solid against most teams, it still falls easily to a few common threats. Sceptile, Moltres, and offensive Venusaur, for example, all pose a problem. Almost nothing can put Cradily out after a few curses, but once it's gone, I've got a team without a purpose. I'm also having trouble dealing with other weather-inducers.

UR MAHM LOL
    Hippopotas @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/92 Def
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Yawn
    - Toxic
    - Protect

This guy is only on the team because he's the only poke in UU/NU with Sand Stream. Most games I put up Stealth Rock while the opponent attacks, then use the focus sash to escape and stay in reserve in case of weather moves. Yawn PHazes, Toxic hurts things without recovery, and Protect scouts Choice items.

GG
    Cradily@ Leftovers
    Ability: Suction Cups
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Curse
    - Seed Bomb

I named this guy GG because he's without a doubt the pillar of my team. If it can survive setup (and it likely can), then it's GG for my opponent. Its death, however, often mean GG for me. With a sandstorm going, nothing to my knowledge can OHKO without setup, and even Ice Beams fail to do much damage. Additionally, this set laughs off status and can't be PHazed. It can switch in to almost anything and just start Cursing away. Very few things in UU can serve as reliable counters. Among them are Fire Types with Sunny Day and Trick users.

Henry Claydol
    Claydol @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/114 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic
    - Earth Power
    - Shadow Ball

Claydol plays a utility role here. Blocking earthquakes and the like, it can spin away entry hazards and badly poison opposing walls. Earth Power is for STAB, and Shadow Ball hits ghosts looking to block Rapid Spin.

Monty
    Steelix @ Iron Ball
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

Steelix is another utility wall. With Iron Ball, Gyro Ball hits 150 BP against opponents with at least 174 speed. Earthquake serves as a secondary STAB and hits for decent damage against pokes that wall Gyro Ball. Stealth Rock lets me keep a hazard up after Hippopotas is out of commission, and Roar serves to PHaze and damage SR-Weak pokes.

Sweet Revenge
    Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Aerial Ace

Like the name suggests, this is a revenge killer. It ties with +Speed Base 105's like Scyther and beats pretty much everything else. +Speed Sceptiles and Alakazams, as well as healthy walls and priority users, laugh at this setup.

Face Smash
    Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Fire Punch

Everyone loves a little surprise. A Scarfed Head Smasher can tear down walls, and Rampardos takes this to the extreme. With neutral Speed and a Scarf, Rampardos outspeeds neutral Base 105's and +Speed Base 95's. The only things it misses out on with neutral instead of +Speed are +Speed Typhlosions, Charizards, and Miltanks, and neutral Raikou and Dugtrio. On the other hand, though, +Atk nature lets Head Smash hit for 45.9% - 54.3% on the bulkiest possible Cresselia, while the sandstorm negates Leftovers. Less bulky pokes take massive damage, and a SE hit guarantees an OHKO. Its other moves provide good coverage without recoil damage, and Weezings fear its Mold Breaker Earthquake.

Edit: Seems I submitted the thread with a crappy title. Woops.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Just to let you know, not everything on your team needs to be ground/rock/steel type.

For god's sake why do you have Stealth Rock on Steelix? You already have it on Hippo. Explosion > it.

I'll let others give you a more in-depth rate.

Back