• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The first official Art Jam!

Ethan621

Wait, what?
Years
Ethan: Hello PC people! Wanna jam?

PC people: WTF!? Who are you? What's a jam?

Ethan: Glad you asked! Here, let me show you!

An art jam is a forum game in which one artist post his work on a subject, and invites the community to join in on that subject. For instance, if I wanted to start a Superman jam, I'd draw a picture of Superman and post it. I'd invite all of you to do the same. Someone else draws superman and posts it in the thread. We all compliment and say how purty it is, and then we show of our pictures of Superman. If it works like it should, there will be a thread pages long full of pictures of Superman, and a lot of artists having fun.

Art jams are meant to do a few things. First of all, their meant to stretch people's boundaries. They make you draw/paint/sculpt something you might not have done on your own. Jams are also a place where people can display their styles and compare them to others. Since everyone is drawing the same thing, stylistic differences begin to become more pronounced. We all might be drawing Superman, but none of our works is going to be the same.

All that being said, a few important things to remember:
1. BE RESPECTFUL. We aren't all as good as Forest Grovyle.
2. THIS IS FUN. NOT COMPETETION. DO NOT RATE PEOPLE'S WORK. Saying things like "that's great" or "you could improve your proportions" are fine. If you say "4/10, you aren't as good as *soandso*" you will be smacked. SMACKED.
3.Follow the conditions stated on the first post. Sometimes there might be a specific thing in the jam. Instead of "draw superman" it could be "draw superman in a funny situation" or "draw superman in a new costume". If you draw superman slicing someone in half, you will be smacked. SMACKED!
4. You *can* post something you did in the past, if you happen to have something that fits the rquirements. However, I strongly encourage you to submit fresh stuff. It doesn't have to be polished, sketches are totally fine.

Think you can handle that? Good! Now let's get to it!

JAM #1
MISTY

Ok folks, we're starting simple. Draw/paint/sculpt/oekaki/whatever our favorite water trainer. Doesn't matter where she is orwhat she's doing. Please keep it rated PG.

To kick it off, here's mine:
misty.jpg

Back