• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2013
    Actually, the no healing items outside of battle is also an optional rule, even if it's used by most people.

It really hurts losing your starter, let me tell you that.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • Since when is 'no buying Pokeballs' a rule? :O

Also it's not really a HGSS challenge. It's an any-game challenge. ;P

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Do you have to release the Pokémon? Is it okay to just put them in some PC Box called "Dead" or something? It kinda makes me sad releasing them :P

I may try this on my HG some time... After I catch Lugia and a Snubbul on my SS :P

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Seems interesting, I think I'll try this with an emulator later, after I'm done with my actual game. Seems kind of risky, especially with battle's like whitney's and her miltank or the elite four themselves.
    I expect to lose a good amount of pokemon through this, haha.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I did once already on Diamond, also mono water. At one time I had: gastrodon, Floatzel, Bibarel and Empoleon, but i ended beating up the E4 with Empoleon only, who was horribly overleveled.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    there's also a rule that states you can't teach TMs to your pokemon, nor can you use items outside of battle, you also are only allowed to capture the first pokemon you meet in the first new route, and you must nickname your pokemon because as stated in some reference sites "that it makes your BOND closer." :/ Really challenging if you ask me, if i get my hands on a new cart ill try to do this one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I started my Nuzlocke Challenge two days ago and this is what has happened

-Got Cyndaquil from Elm. It is a Mild Natured male which I nicknamed 'Cyn'.
    -Beat Rival
    -Attempted to catch a pokemon on Route 46, found a Lv3 female Rattata and accidentally killed her.
    -Went to Route 31 and the first pokemon I saw was a female Lv3 Bellsprout. Caught her, nicknamed her "Belle" and found that she has a Gentle nature.
    -Entered Dark Cave and caught a Lv2 Male Zubat with a Careful nature. Named him "Dart"
    -Dart nearly died vs Bug Catcher Wade. I accidentally pressed the A button, causing it to say "Dart has no moves left!" It had 3 HP left and Caterpie was confused with barely any HP left and managed to knock itself out before Dart could do a suicide attack.
    -Went to Route 32 and looked around. I found nothing but Bellsprout but since I'm using the optional rule of only catching the first pokemon I see and haven't caught yet, I keep looking. I finally find a Lv4 female Rattata with a Calm nature. I nicknamed her "Cheska".
    -Entered Sprout Tower at night. Found a Lv4 female Mild natured Gastly, which I caught and named "Pan".
    -Cyn evolved after beating the Elder.
    -Beat Falkner with only Cheska since she was powerful enough on her own.
    -Got Egg and hatched it in Cherrygrove. Named the Serious natured Male Togepi "Benedict".

Current Team:

"Benedict" Lv6 Male Togepi
    "Pan" Lv11 Female Gastly
    "Belle" Lv11 Female Bellsprout
    "Dart" Lv11 Male Zubat
    "Cheska" Lv12 Female Rattata
    "Cyn" Lv14 Male Quilava

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Just because no one is joining,I will do this once im done with my Soul Silver Mono-Type Run and my Platinum Nuzlocke Run.

Chaos11011
    Soul Silver

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Whoa dude. :( Don't revive old threads, please. I wish the HGSS mods had caught this before I did, haha. For those of you that still wanna do it, feel free to make a new thread for it. :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back