• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Return of the Pogeysaurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Don't care about this thread anymore

Will be making into a fanfic instead

Padlock requested

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Just no. No. Organization is an issue, a rather important one at that. Your comics are a haphazardly placed mess full of oddly placed text. You also need to signify somehow who is speaking. Can we assume it's entirely this Feraligatr, or will you have other people speaking? And that 'Who's that Pogeysaur' box was just thrown in the middle there. If you ask me, you should put it in the bottom somewhere and make it a silhouette, then next comic you can reveal what it was and then put up another silhouette.

I honestly couldn't care less if you have a floor. It doesn't really bother me. You also don't need a floor for this comic, because Feraligatr is in water, and it wouldn't make sense to have a floating panel in the middle of an ocean.

The text bubble where Feraligatr says 'Since when can Azumarill cause so much damage' is also confusing. What had just happened. A nice explanation of that odd background would be great, too. As well as why Azumarill is circled. Is that Azumarill being pointed out by you, or doing something odd?

On a final note, you might want to create a defining characteristic that differs regular Pokemon from a Pogeysaur. Maybe make them all one color, or add an extra limb or maybe there eyes are red. Something noticeable to make it a little less confusing.

Frankly, this is not a good comic. This is an odd comic that is out out of the box with a plot (Which I applaud) but lacking in any organization, which makes it confusing to read and detracts from the plot and 'selection.'

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Just no. No. Organization is an issue, a rather important one at that. Your comics are a haphazardly placed mess full of oddly placed text. You also need to signify somehow who is speaking. Can we assume it's entirely this Feraligatr, or will you have other people speaking? And that 'Who's that Pogeysaur' box was just thrown in the middle there. If you ask me, you should put it in the bottom somewhere and make it a silhouette, then next comic you can reveal what it was and then put up another silhouette.

I honestly couldn't care less if you have a floor. It doesn't really bother me. You also don't need a floor for this comic, because Feraligatr is in water, and it wouldn't make sense to have a floating panel in the middle of an ocean.

The text bubble where Feraligatr says 'Since when can Azumarill cause so much damage' is also confusing. What had just happened. A nice explanation of that odd background would be great, too. As well as why Azumarill is circled. Is that Azumarill being pointed out by you, or doing something odd?

On a final note, you might want to create a defining characteristic that differs regular Pokemon from a Pogeysaur. Maybe make them all one color, or add an extra limb or maybe there eyes are red. Something noticeable to make it a little less confusing.

Frankly, this is not a good comic. This is an odd comic that is out out of the box with a plot (Which I applaud) but lacking in any organization, which makes it confusing to read and detracts from the plot and 'selection.'
    Agreed,

I knew I should've just made this into a fanfic, but I was acting like an idiot last night doing stupid stuff (on other sites too), so this monstrosity was created. It was a pretty terrible comic, and it's probably the result of 1 liter of unhealthy beverages and less than 3 hours of sleep the night before.

Thanks for the compliment on the plot, though. That just makes me so much more confident in my decision to make this a fanfic.

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Yes, I was just thinking that myself. Good luck on your fanfic. If anything, it at least gave a breath of fresh air from standard 'Stop Team [team name here]' or 'Get all 8 Badges' plots. It's a very good idea , so your fic should do nicely. :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back