• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The toughest challenge ever! Enter at own risk! >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    So we can teach them HMs? Great! Now I don't have to give up two pokemon slots. I'll update when I can finally buy Ice Beam.

You can but only until you get to the move deleter. At thet point all moves, except the one you've chosen must be deleted! But to save you some slot use Kecleon for a HM Buddy. It's a perfect pokemon for the job cause it can learn all HMs except fly, so...

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
    You can but only until you get to the move deleter. At thet point all moves, except the one you've chosen must be deleted! But to save you some slot use Kecleon for a HM Buddy. It's a perfect pokemon for the job cause it can learn all HMs except fly, so...
    Alright, I'll have to go back to my original plan, then.

Ice Beam Update #1

I started the game choosing Mudkip (Glacies), since he could learn Ice Beam. After beating May, I caught a Wingull (Sorbett) and a Zigzagoon (Eis). I then went to defeat the first gym. Glacies took out those rock types quick. I then caught a Whismer (Gelato) and beat up Team Magma.

After having a bit of trouble on the second gym, I made it though the cave, and talked to Steve. I then used an escape rope to get out. After this, I beat Magma in Slateport, and went up to beat May again. After losing to her a few times, I was able to get though. Now I'm in Mauville City, and I need to figure out where that Coin Case is.

Current Team

Glacies (Marshtomp)
    Lv. 25

Eis (Linoone)
    Lv. 20

Gelato (Whismer)
    Lv. 7

Sorbett (Wingull)
    Lv. 3

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well, as much as the third gym was easy to deal with using Flamethrower, the fourth was a real nightmare! Getting to the gym was pretty easy and fast, if we don't include the time it took me to find Modest nature Slugma and Numel. Flannery is increadibly tough to beat, when you're using only a flamethrower! It took me about 20 retrys to finnaly beat her, even though my pokemon are all high level now! At the end I acctually lucked out, cause Slugma I defeted before that-cursed-Torkoal used Sunny day and my Slugma used it's flamethrower with a critical hit so it KOd Torkoal!
    My team now...
    Blaziken lvl. 38
    Flamethrower
    HMs

Slugma lvl. 29
    Flamethrower
    Rock throw
    Smog
    Harden

Numel lvl. 30
    Flamethrower
    Focus energy
    Growl
    Tackle

P.S.: To BlueShellBeast to get the Coin Case, go get the harbour mail in Slaterport (buy at Mart) and then go to Mauville. In the first (southest) house, you'll see a girl, talk to her and she'll trade her Coin Case for your harbour mail! ;)

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
    No, I've just been working on my Solo challenge. I got Ice Beam, but I want to give a longer update than, I beat Wattson and kicked Magma out of err... what was that cave called? I'll update after I beat the fire gym.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back