• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Treating Player character as a "pokemon" during battles? (v20.1)

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    I'm working on a fangame with survival elements, and have a feature I have interest in adding but don't have the faintest idea where I would even start with it, the general idea is to make the player character mechanically function as seventh pokemon in battles, with them fainting as the condition for whiting out.

in a similar vein, any way to add a pokemon without including it in the pokedex at all?

any tips, tricks, or comments would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I guess you want the player to fight wild Pokemon by himself after all his Pokemon faint. First, you need to change the end battle function that checks if there are any available Pokemon, and if not- it activates the game-over scene. Next, you need to add health to the player, so you'll know when he faints. Lastly, and the hardest part is to change the battle code to make the player "go out" after all Pokemon fainted, adding animations and more.

About adding a Pokemon without adding him to the Pokedex- The regional Pokedexes don't include all species, so you just don't add this Pokemon. The national Pokedex has all species, so you should change the code so that Pokemon won't be included there (if you are going to use the national Pokedex).

Back