• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Untitled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Summary
    SoothingSilver is another 'QOL' rom hack similar to StormSilver and Project Rebooted but isn't intended to replace either one, just offer a different experience. The main goal of the hack is to be somewhat close to Vanilla SoulSilver but with more variety, a bit more difficulty and some new features to surprise the player that shouldn't really hinder the original experience.

Features
    • Some Pokémon will be replaced by their Alolan forms, mainly for type variety, later on I'll release a patch for people who don't want this feature in the game. The current alolan form evo lines in the game are; Marowak, Exeggutor, Grimer, Geodude and Sandshrew
    • All 493 Pokémon will eventually be added. All gen 1 & 2 Pokémon apart from legendaries will be avaliable before beating the league, gen 3 & 4 pokémon as well as the rest of the legendaries will be avaliable after beating the league. However for the first couple of versions not all legendaries will be avaliable because scripting hard, sorry.
    • Lyra is replaced entirely by Kris!
    • Gold/ Kris will be battled a few times throughout the game in order to be more memorable and act like a second rival!
    • Variety. The game in general will be a bit less repetitive than the base game. There will be new encounters in almost every route, for example Elekid will be an uncommon encounter right from the first route! Also most trainers that had repetitive teams will have their pokémon variety edited, for example that one bird keeper who had 5 pidgeys will now have other bird pokemon too like Murkrow & Natu. Gym Leader Morty will now have a Haunter, Gengar, Mismagius and Alolan Marowak instead of just members of the Gastly line. Basically you should see less of the same Pokémon over and over and over.
    • Increased difficulty. All boss trainers will have improved teams with better movesets, starting from the 4th gym all trainers will have increased levels and I'm going to readjust all trainer/ wild levels in Kanto to actually make it a challenge. I intend for the game to be slightly less difficult than StormSilver and Gym leaders won't all have 6 Pokémon because I think that just makes the game tedious
    • All Pokémon have their stats updated to their Gen 6 stats
    • Some Pokémon have slightly altered stats, typings, and movesets in order to make them more usable, to add more type variety or just because it makes sense. Examples include Dragon-Bug Yanmega, Beedrill having slightly higher stats and learning Megahorn at later levels. These changes won't be as drastic as other hacks like Project rebooted.
    • Some moves have been edited to be more usuable. Notably HMs are now actually better in battle so they don't hinder your Pokémon as much. For example Rock smash has increased pp and 100% chance to lower defense and Flash is now an electric type special move with 20 power, 95 accuracy, 100% chance lower accuracy and has priority
    • Easier Evolution. If a Pokémon has an evolution/ pre evolution introduced in gen 3/4 it'll be avaliable pre league and all evo items can be obtained in new ways. In addition any evolutions will be possible without having to trade.
    • Type effectiveness has been edited a little to help balance the game. Most notably Ice type is now immune to ice and resists water/ ground attacks
    • Shiny rate increased from 1/8192 to 1/2048
    • Some pokémon will have special shiny palletes especially those with shiny palletes that weren't particularly liked before. For example Lugia and Dialga shinies look like Shadow Lugia and Primal Dialga respectively.
    • GB sounds from the start of the game
    • Game corner has changed prizes and cheaper prices
    • Slightly altered text for to make some characters slightly more memorable or just to explain features like alolan forms
    • Plus more!
    Planned features
    • After I release the first version I intend to act upon any feedback, and I especially intend to readjust difficulty.
    • Cynthia and Steven may or may not battle you, but I won't spoil any further details :)
    • I would like to add a couple of new areas for multiple reasons, but we'll see how that goes
    • Scripted encounters with hopefully every legendary, but to be honest this may not be possible for every legendary.
    • If people really want it, I can try to add fairy types :D
    • If possible I would love to add reusable TMs but I dunno if it'll be possible
    • And more!

Screenshots
    Rival.png
    Real Marowak.png
    Rocket.png
    Shiny Luigia.png
    shineshrew.png
    Untitled.png

Additional Credits
    All the Kris sprites were added thanks to HiroTDK's KrisGold patch that can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonROM...old_in_heartgold_soulsilver_decapitalization/

The Alolan Form battle sprites come courtesy of the DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository found here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703

The Alolan Sandshrew following sprites (as well as probably some future following sprites) were made by one of the mods from the discord server; RFK | Puffy

Discord Server

Come check out the discord server to have a nice chat, ask any questions about the hack, keep up to date and more :) https://discord.gg/aRRS5Uh

Release?
    I'm probably gonna release a beta in the next few days for members of the discord server, although it will have a few missing features. I want to have version 1.0 by the end of september and it should have most of the things I mentioned in the features section. Version 2 would be mainly for polishing and adding the other planned features, but after September i'm gonna be a lot more busy with real life so I don't have a date for when those features will be ready. But basically, I have no intention of letting this project become one of those things you hear about once and then it never releases. Most of the listed features are ready but I want the first version to feel somewhat complete and polished so I'm not gonna release an official version yet.

Anyway sorry for the big post, tell me what you think below! If any of the features sound weird in this hack it's because originally I was just making this a little hack for myself since HGSS are my favourite Pokémon games and the other HGSS rom hacks had some features that I didn't enjoy. But as I progressed and found out new things I could do and so felt motivated to turn this into a full project and try to make it feel fun for everyone. If you've got any suggestions for me then comment below, and if you're a rom hacker yourself please respond to the posts where I ask for help lol (Infinite TMs would be lovely) it would make development go faster.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back