• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Very first spriting

ripdk12

Mapping Guru
Years
  • I am a new spriter and i thought i would try making some reposes for pokemon,

as im very new i would like you to make some hard criticism to my sprites.

I will be making alot of more sprites soon, but this is just a preview. I've only expirimented in baby pkmn yet.
    You can all use my sprites as they are public, just remember the credit

View attachment 52365

View attachment 52366

View attachment 52367

View attachment 52368

if you hate my sprites plz tell mewhat i do wrong .. if you like it plzz tell me what i can do better anyway

Last edited:

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
  • I've never sprited before, so I wouldn't know.
    These are great, by the way! Love the Cyndaquil <3

ripdk12

Mapping Guru
    Years
  • I've never sprited before, so I wouldn't know.
    These are great, by the way! Love the Cyndaquil <3

thxx! Cyndaquil is my personal favorite too. I was not expecting positive feedback,, btw you can use it if you wan't.. just remember credit :D

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • conngratulations man i really liked almost all of them ! but the cyndaquil,... you could have put his head less round, well that's all and again congratulations! :)

ripdk12

Mapping Guru
    Years
  • conngratulations man i really liked almost all of them ! but the cyndaquil,... you could have put his head less round, well that's all and again congratulations! :)

Thxx man. I'll think about what you said, and i'll make some more sprites.

Years
  • Your squirtle appears to be an edit of one of the official sprites, from FireRed, I believe. You should really fix the mouth on it since it's facing a different direction than the eyes. The same seems to be true with Ekans (that it's an edit, not that it's mouth is backwards) and I'd assume the others, but I haven't checked those. You can see how the shading on your Ekans comes from the right on the body and from the left on the head. If I were you I'd at least try adjusting the lighting, that is, recolor the dark areas that should be lighter and darken the areas that would be in shadow, to keep everything consistent.

Keep practicing. You'll get better.

ripdk12

Mapping Guru
    Years
  • Your squirtle appears to be an edit of one of the official sprites, from FireRed, I believe. You should really fix the mouth on it since it's facing a different direction than the eyes. The same seems to be true with Ekans (that it's an edit, not that it's mouth is backwards) and I'd assume the others, but I haven't checked those. You can see how the shading on your Ekans comes from the right on the body and from the left on the head. If I were you I'd at least try adjusting the lighting, that is, recolor the dark areas that should be lighter and darken the areas that would be in shadow, to keep everything consistent.

Keep practicing. You'll get better.

Well yea now you mention it i forgot to edit the shadowing on ekans.. thx anyways :D

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Um, these are all splices, and a "flip horizontal" in paint of the official sprites :/
    try to scratch sprite, chesu's got a nice tutorial in this section of the forums and it's sticky.
    Or atleast edit the mouth some more :/

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    You need to fix shading on all of them . . . . except for the cyndaquil. :)

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
    Years
  • Hehe, your sprites are really well done. What more can i say? Good luck and don't stop spritting xD

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Hehe, your sprites are really well done. What more can i say? Good luck and don't stop spritting xD
    Spritting? LOL.
    These reposes are good for first sprites. Try to work harder and be more creative with reposes. That's hard to do with small sprites, so next time do it with bigger Pokemon.
    Example:
    Very first spriting

I know these are very bad (the Spinda is the best in my opinion) but this is an example. Use more than one sprite of the Pokemon (like in the Dusknoir, I used its D/P sprite and its PtHGSS sprite) and build it body part at a time. Also, about those reposes, all I can say which hasn't been said before is the Cyndaquil's flames look odd. I know exactly what you did: you put two sets of the flames.
    Hope this helps!
    - Zommy08

Back