• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Voting] Round 2: Renyui! vs. Cycle

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • This battle is between Renyui! and Cycle!
    Their battle had the following restrictions:

Stock: No restrictions.
    Size: Height must be larger than width. (Vertical tag).
    Colour: Must invert something visible on the canvas. (Could be the whole tag, a single effect, text, clipping mask, anything. As long as it's visible.)
    Text: No restrictions.

TAG 1
    die__by_trashinatorx-d4ww7xg.png

TAG 1
    Untitled-2-1.png

If you wish to vote, please leave a comment stating who you are voting for, and at least one reason why you are voting for them over the other. As there is no poll, votes will only count if you leave a comment. The comments don't need to be really long, having to post should not deter you from voting, it can be a simple sentence if you want. Good luck!

Voting will last for one week after the opening of this thread.

(N.B: The usernames are detached from the images to remove bias or anything.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Going with tag one here. I'm not a massive fan of either, but I feel that it had a bit more of a feel to it. The black and white in tag two ruined it for me. I know the theme is invert but I feel that the whole tag loses all worth when reverted to black and white. I like the concept though, it's pretty fun and interesting. But the better tag for me was tag 1. I liked the colours and composition that much more.

1 gmv.

Years
  • I don't really like the cat head in the second one, but I think it's got more to look at and it keeps my attention longer than the second one. Voting for that one.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
  • I vote for the first one.

The cat head may be funny.. but it creeps me out in a strange way @.@

The first one also creeps me out but..
    in a way that makes me think about the picture and get "absorbed" by it, not turn away from it xD

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Going for 1st tag. Liking the elements going on here, and the colors are great. :3

Years
  • Tag two has my vote here. I think that the invert was used really well, and didn't create a clashing of colours which normally happens when inverting colours.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Tag one is too busy for me, and the inverted colors only add to the busyness which takes away the overall appeal. The second one is more simple and to the point even with the inverted colors.

So tag # 2 for me!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The first tag seems less outwardly impressive, but upon closer reflection its subtleties become more apparent. On the other hand, the second tag seems better upon a first glance, but things like the cat head seem misplaced, and the lighting issues become more apparent when you take a closer look.

Tag #1 for me!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Another close battle with Cycle taking the victory by one vote!

Thanks for voting everyone, and great battle to both Renyui! and Cycle!

Back