• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] Weekly Graphics Challenge (#1)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

WEEKLY GRAPHICS CHALLENGE

Overview:
Just like the Pixel Artists having their weekly challenges, I'm introducing the Graphics alternative of Weekly Challenges! This was inspired by Nina's Weekly Pixel Challenge along with PC's history of holding Signature/ Tag of the Week and Icon of the Week over the course of many years.

This is a casual and fun event hoping to challenge PC's graphic artists both old and new to help you guys produce new work each week, learn new things and improve your graphic skills.​

What Happens?

Each week you'll be given the following - What you do with these base guidelines is up to you!

Theme: This can range from specific tag techniques, typography, set renders to fun and general themes
Type of Graphics: Icon/ Tag/ Any (Any meaning you can choose between doing an Icon or tag)
Size: ___ x ___ px (size of graphics piece)

Each week you'll get points based on each piece you do:
10 points for your first graphic, 5 points for any graphic pieces you do afterwards (with a max of 3 pieces) and a fan favourite will get another 5 points. But don't go rushing to try and get three pieces done every week - remember it's quality over quantity. No real prize at this point except for bragging rights and and rising on the leaderboard.

Rules:
  • Do not steal other peoples work and claim as your own.
  • All graphics must be made in the time period given - No previously made banners.
  • Always leave a link to the stock or render you use.
  • When the following challenge is posted, you have 24 hours to complete your challenge for the current week.

CURRENT CHALLENGE: [WEEK 1]
Spoiler:

OVERALL POINTS
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
By animation you mean like gifs? :P

I read it as anything in terms of animation such as anime or cartoons though I guess gifs is another thing, thought it does say "What you do with these base guidelines is up to you" is to how we look at the instructions - never a right or wrong answer in art.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
By animation you mean like gifs? :P

Yeah pretty much what floating_lettuce said. Most common thing a lot of people here seem to make graphics on is some form of animation (but I didn't want it to stick directly on anime because not everyone is into that) so disney/ pixar animations, cartoons and that sort of stuff. However gifs could definitely work if anyone wanted to!

Basically it is what you take out of the guidelines that are up to you to how you perceive it.

Back