• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where is Pixel Art Today?

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
  • Pixel art will not die unless they find a way to destroy "squares"

Pixel art ain't just digital. There are a lot of ways to show pixel art, like taking an usual math paper, and filling in all the squares.

Heck, there are even people who make pixel art with a ton of rubix cubes.

Even my local hobby shop actually sells sets of "Pixels" of specific colours which can be fitted on a "pixel board"

Or should I talk about minecraft where people make pixel art with blocks?

Anyways, Pixel art will still be found in games because its also another way of showing art. In most cases it would probably be used to give games a sort of retro vibe. I mean, come on. Last year Legend of Zelda windwaker got praised as one of most beautiful games made last year. People don't just want to see realism. People want to see a game that is pleasing to the eye. And for that, you need an art style that fits with the theme.

Back