• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to start with spriting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    This looks like the place for this, if it's not I'm sorry.

I would love to make sprites for people or myself to use. I just don't know where to start though. I have Paint.net and I know my way around it, could anyone point me in a direction of a start?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • To start of I would choose

The Spriting Tut, above this thread, stickied
    And Fusing the reg Pokemon sprites so you can get the feel of it

Years
  • Well to start off, you could use a suitable program such as Microsoft Paint which should be in your computer. There are two helpful threads here at the Pixel Art forum, they are:

After having some practice, you can make a showcase with 4 original scratch sprites or make a shop because you said you'd like to make sprites for yourself and people to use. Remember to read the rules though, it'll help you and your thread(s).

So, i'm going to close this thread now, next time you can discuss this in the Pixel Art Discussion Thread.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back