• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wolf's sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfaru

Needs an easier hobby
Years
  • Some sprites I've been working on. Please be critical in your advise I'd really like to improve

Trainer sprite of Russia/Ivan for my Poketalia Hack

As of yet unnamed starter pokemon, Grass/Dragon type Normal and Shiny. And it's also unnamed evolution (with the bigger leaf wings)

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    You need 15 posts I believe to post pictures. Pretty futile to make a sprite thread until you can post pictures.

Years
  • I don't see any sprites but i'm assuming that you're mentioning the sprites in your album.

First off on the Grass/Dragon sprites, you could use some darker shades of colour to show off the shading. I can barely see the shading right now. O:
    You can also use some dark/black outline on the places with the dark shades.
    You have great poses for the dragons but if you're planning on making them look like Pokémon sprites then you should change the angle to a diagonal angle. Right now the sprites are facing left and right like a 2D game. As for the 'shiny' dragon(blue) you should change the flower colour to a darker green because it blends too much with the light blue.

The trainer is decent nothing wrong with it but it looks like it's mixed between a FRLG style and a GSC style. Still, I like it.

Also remember to read the pixel art rules. you need to showcase four sprites. I think a Pokémon sprite and it's shiny only counts as one sprite so you have 3 in total. o:

Years
  • I... see no sprites at the moment. When you have the requisite post count to post pictures and still want to post your sprites then you can either make a new thread or Private Message me and I'll open this thread up for you, but for now I'm going to leave it closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back