View Full Version : What is Your Opinion?

April 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
What is your Opinion on AR and the whole cheating the game?

April 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I don't do it but I find it okay to do just for fun and everything and get some cool things, but to use it to do things like beat the game, or competitive battling I think it's just wrong and sucks the fun out of the game.

April 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I see it has cheating if they want to battle you and then they throw out a legend with Wonder Gaurd. The only reasons I have one is cause some Pokemon I like there shiny versions than there original.

April 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Catching pokemon in platinum is an itch.

So I say its a god send.

April 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM
See I just did it the easy and legal way I got all Pokemon legally on Diamond so I just spent hours on end transferring them from Diamond to Platinum

April 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I don't mind it, and I use it plenty...but most of the time it's only to catch Pokemon that can't be caught unless you have one of the GBA games. I wouldn't use something it helped me achieve or get in any type of competition though, that's just cheap.

Rubber Ducky
April 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I would say using it to get something that already exists is fine, like an event pokemon, shinies, or some good IVs. I don't support hacking stuff like Wondertomb or 6 perfect IVs, though.

April 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Cheating isn't good. It takes away the sole purpose of the game, to try hard and get things yourself.

April 30th, 2009, 6:36 AM
Until you realize half the things you get afterwards suck.

Thankfully, Heracross is not one of them.

April 30th, 2009, 7:27 AM
I don't really like it because I like to play the game fairly. ^^;

April 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I have one, but it won't work on my diamond for some reason.

April 30th, 2009, 1:50 PM
I only did it 'cause I was playing with GBA emulator and I wanted to have a legendary in my team at least for once, but I like to have the pokemon in the 'legal' way...

April 30th, 2009, 2:06 PM
I hate it.

IMO anyone who hacks Pokemon sucks too much to play it right.

April 30th, 2009, 7:07 PM
It's lame. Pokemon is a fun enough game without things being handed to you on command...and honestly, if you're using it just to get perfect statted Pokemon, you care too much.

May 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
I don't tend to mind others cheating, unless they use it for cheating themselves through the meta game, such as maxing out stats, etc.

May 1st, 2009, 6:01 PM
Honestly, I don't like the idea of AR or cheating the game. Basically because I hate to see the game's purpose and fun be exploited by a simple device that goes around the block to find an easier route. I don't use it, and I won't use it. Though, it is other people who choose to, and honestly I have no control over the, for doing it.

May 1st, 2009, 8:07 PM
I believe it's okay as long as you don't alter any Pokemon in the process. I use Action Replay only for "walking through walls", getting certain items, etc.
If one does alter Pokemon, they should not trade it or use it in battle.

May 1st, 2009, 8:13 PM
My only AR sin was to get 999 of all the berries and then came some glitch items on my Pearl and I was like "wtf" and it died X_X.

So... No. I don't use it. I think it simply kills the game. But for some reason my brother completely rapes it towards the point that cheating is part of the game.

May 1st, 2009, 8:38 PM
I only use cheating devices if there is a ridiculously difficult game mechanic that needs some adjustment or event Pokemon I didn't have the opportunity to get at the actual event.

Ex. Making Feebas a bit more common in RSE. Does it really have to be THAT rare?

Ex. Getting a level 30 Celebi with no other enhancements.

May 1st, 2009, 8:43 PM
I hate cheating on the Pokemon games. It takes all the fun out of them.

And as for getting legendaries, that's not cool either. So, someone has a Mew, but no one will care about it because they know it's hacked anyway.

Cheating sucks. The only time I ever used an AR was when I used 'Walk Through Anything' on my friend's DS, just to see what it was like.

It wasn't that great either. T^T

May 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
I use it only to complete my Pokedex, and to get shinies and to get ones that aren't in the game. But it'll take the fun out...

May 2nd, 2009, 8:44 AM
TBH I don't why people are so crazy about it. There are some pretty cool things you can do when editing Pokemon that you can't do normaly (ie. getting Cherish Balls). I don't why everyone freaks out when they see a shiny in a cherish ball, but with perfectly legal stats. It's just for looks anyway. But what I don't like is when people hack pokemon to get all of their stats to 999 or something like that.

May 2nd, 2009, 8:44 AM
I think is bad... I accept that people use cheat but if there's nothing else to door the game is getting boring...But those who cheat to have a lv 100 mewtwo at the start of the game or cheat for economic purposes (the classic: I'll give you any pokemon if you send my $). It's not good.

Also people confuses the word "cheat" with "hack":
Cheat is using cheats to obtain something and is more direct.
Hack means that some people modifies the game, and requires some experience so its not bad.

May 2nd, 2009, 8:46 AM
I don't care because I play shoddy instead.

May 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
I used to do it for infinite Master Balls, but now that I look back; I regret it everyday. It kinda ruined the whole point of the game.

I can't really stop my friends from doing these kind of stuff, but they know that they'll get the dissappointment face whenever they do, though.

Ninja Caterpie
May 2nd, 2009, 3:00 PM
I don't mind hacking for items as TMs are limited in stock. Well, some of them are - like Stone Edge.

But hacking Pokémon stats is something that's just retarded, unless you just muck about with it to have fun. =P

May 2nd, 2009, 3:30 PM
Basically. I have used -and still use- an AR for perfect IVs, natures and odd moves*, but I only use them when it is made clear that it's ok with the other person or I know he's using stuff like that too. I keep them quarantined from the rest of my pokemon in their own box, and only use the event item codes that I've already missed.

*Most of the time I just get egg moves, or moves I think a pokemon should be able to learn... but let's face it, Deoxys with Aeroblast is just plain win.

May 2nd, 2009, 5:30 PM
I am really very strongly against everything to do with AR and cheating, except for cloning. It isn't too too terrible, and I do have a cloned Pokemon or two. I mean honestly, if you worked your balls off sending 999 Pokemon to Hayley's Ranch, and got a Mew, would you want to just trade it off? I mean, I would never do it myself, but I can sympathise with those who do. Then again, doing it for more than two or three is a bit wrong.

May 3rd, 2009, 1:00 AM
It's fun to use walk through walls, but other than that I condemn it.

May 3rd, 2009, 1:21 AM
I don't cheat but i don't care if anyone cheats just don't send some one a hacked pokemon if they state they dont want one and i don't care

Second Coming of Jebus
May 3rd, 2009, 1:59 AM
I hate it.

IMO anyone who hacks Pokemon sucks too much to play it right.

QFT. Seriously, pokemon isn't that hard of a game. You fail on so many levels if you need to cheat.

May 3rd, 2009, 2:30 AM
I'm really tempted to buy an AR for DS. I would use it to get round some design flaws of the game, like event pokemon, limited TM's and other item's etc etc (design flaws in my opinion). I shouldn't have to wait for a Nintendo event to access an area of my game to get a pokemon that's allready in my game, thanks.

The only problem would be is i would find it hard [where] to draw the line...and also i had a GameShark ages ago that destroyed most of my overworld in Gold.