• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youtube's changing its layout.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    inb4 you
    Like, just this instant, they changed it. And, they're not good at being funny...
    So, as I feel it's an important enough site to merit this thread, what does everyone think about it?

I find it bothersome, I'll go with it, but maybe I'll finally make an account to go with the "I prefer the old-fashioned layout!" option they mention. In the end, even Google is beginning to fix things that aren't broken by making them worse? Hmph. It makes it rather confusing and laggy like every other video site. Others' immediate reactions seem poor, too.

Last edited:

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    Exactly! its absolutley terrible, they should make it so you can choose which layout!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • inb4 you
    Like, just this instant, they changed it. And, they're not good at being funny...
    So, as I feel it's an important enough site to merit this thread, what does everyone think about it?

I find it bothersome, I'll go with it, but maybe I'll finally make an account to go with the "I prefer the old-fashioned layout!" option they mention. In the end, even Google is beginning to fix things that aren't broken by making them worse? Hmph. It makes it rather confusing and laggy like every other video site. Others immediate reactions seem poor, too.

Nice to know that we've traveled two years into the past...

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
  • The new layout doesn't even seem to have a design. It's colorless and ugly and disorganized (in my opinion). Also, to make things worse, it's lagging my computer up :/

Bring back the old layout!

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Exactly! its absolutley terrible, they should make it so you can choose which layout!

I agree too.

Anyways, I noticed that when I was going to upload a video on YouTube. It's called "Charizard632's April Fools Day Special"! It's a Mario Party 6 Blooper, which may be the first ever on YouTube.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Say, it just occured to me — the reception is so negative, that perhaps this is a very well played out April Fools...
    I'd guess not, but time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Why are the replies dated to September 2008, now? That aside, this layout is rather tough to work with. Hopefully the old one will be back on April 2nd.
    They... wow, I didn't notice that. I'll edit the OP with the other show of hands I saw, which certainly is dated 2010 (well, not explicitly on the page, but it says "2 hours ago" at this moment and Google says 31 Mar 2010 in the result).

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    There's just something I don't like about it. It's just…ew.
    It's really a shame since I was in the minority that liked the new profile channel design.

I do like, however, that they decided to show who they were responding to.
    It gets really confusing sometimes when someone posts a reply without actually replying and everyone is clueless as to who they're replying to.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    a. They need to seriously decide whether they want it or not. I've seen it change back and forth for weeks now and it's getting very annoying.
    b. imo, It's ugly. I don't like it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's an April Fools' Joke. Like the upside-down videos last year.

At least...I hope it's a joke. I can't seem to figure out how to randomize my playlist playing order. xD

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • This new layout sucks, they have tried to make everything so compact, but it's impossible to find anything without having to click a trillion things first.

Also my youtube downloader add-on for firefox doesn't work anymore, which is what has really pissed me off.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • This new layout sucks, they have tried to make everything so compact, but it's impossible to find anything without having to click a trillion things first.

Also my youtube downloader add-on for firefox doesn't work anymore, which is what has really pissed me off.

I so agree..

especially with the FF Easy YouTube Downloader.. grrr!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm a bit confused... the layout I see on the YT videos is exactly the same as I've been seeing for about a week. o.o; Is that what everyone's talking about or am I just... not seeing the new one? o_O;

Years
  • You tube really need to learn the term "if it aint broke dont fix it." But they keep changing it and changing it. ITS ANNOYING! its so bland!they could atleast you customize the background ( when watching videos ) differant colours.

Back