• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youtube's changing its layout.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    This new layout is a total joke. The layout it had was fine >.> - It's turning into Facebook now, changing it's layout when no one really wants it to with the end result being that bit more horrendous >.<

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Facebook had this same problem, they keep updating things when it was near-perfect before. Sometimes change isn't always better, I thought the old youtube was close to perfection, a lot simpler and easier to use... was the change really that necessary?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I despise the new lay-out; it's hideous, and it's not user-friendly. It's hard to view profiles now, and it's really disorganized.

They should just scrap it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    So that's why Youtube looked so weird when I got on my brother's laptop earlier.

I don't like it. :/ The old way was definitely much better, as what's been said above.

AquaThePiplup

Gravity of Love~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    This makes me wonder what else YouTube will do to itself in the future..

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Actually, as a guy who did a lot with PCs and unfamiliar crap and annoying problems, this is by far one of the worst situations I see. If I don't call it user friendly, then I added a swear word. This makes p**p look good.

Also, a funny regard, YouTube claims that "1 star or 5 star is used as ranking" which is obviously true. It eithe sucks or rocks, 2 star is the rating I barely use. 4 and 3 are more common and 1 and 5 are the very common.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You guys should really stop complaining you all know you're gonna get get used to it so whats the point of complaining.
    *cuts in half*
    Given how it seems 19/20 opinions are negative, one never knows. Chances are they will keep it just to be bell-ends, and we HAVE to get used to it purely since it's the only video site with half decent load times and many videos not uploaded elsewhere. It's like if Windows got botched up (which it did to an extent, see Vista), it would still be on top purely due to the majority of software only being available for it.

Swimmer Ryan

Training Water Types Since '99
    Years
    Huh, did I miss something, they changed the layout 2 months ago, why is everyone complaining about it now?
    P.S I've had it for 2 months, still hate it.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Huh, did I miss something, they changed the layout 2 months ago, why is everyone complaining about it now?
    P.S I've had it for 2 months, still hate it.

In Canada, or at least, where my fiance is (Montreal) and I (Toronto temporarily), Youtube was the old Youtube until a few days before April Fool's Day. It appeared once before that for about 30min, and then disappeared.

So it's new for us.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hmm. My layout was the new one yesterday, but I just logged on and now my Youtube is back to the old user-friendly layout. Weird.
    As I said in the original post:
    maybe I'll finally make an account to go with the "I prefer the old-fashioned layout!" option they mention.
    It seems they really could've made it more conspicuous though, and doable for people who aren't members (I'm sure they know what cookies are, but oh no). My personal concern is that either way they will eventually remove the old layout entirely, like MySpace did theirs, which is one reason I left that site.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    This nothing new. I seen this new layout since January. At first I thought they were updating something and then they went back to the original layout. It seems they couldn't make up their mind. I say they should have kept the old layout. My only problems that I have with the new layout is that the comment section is so disorganized. The old layout I could tell of what the comment was made(1 hour ago, 2 months ago, 1 year ago, etc..). The new layout doesn't show that(unless I missed something). And you can't rate the videos with stars anymore. It is like or dislike...um. That is useless. If a video has more than 3 1/2 stars I could watch it. I will think it is a good video. If there a video that is 1 or 2 stars, I will think that video is bad. It was just really helpful and they got rid of that. :(

I think that is only problems that I have with the new setup. Other than that I got used to everything else.

The person of who to blame isn't YouTube...it is Google. They own YouTube and Facebook.

Last edited:
    Back