• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youtube's changing its layout.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Oh, looks like we can't right click videos down the side anymore to open them in new tabs or windows, either, now, because it's now a flash object or whatever...

I have no words anymore.

Edit: Found how this can be done, now, but... ehhhh.

I'm a bit confused... the layout I see on the YT videos is exactly the same as I've been seeing for about a week. o.o; Is that what everyone's talking about or am I just... not seeing the new one? o_O;
    Well apparently:
    I've seen it change back and forth for weeks now and it's getting very annoying.
    And they say you can change it back to the old layout, so if you're a registered member there it may have defaulted to it for you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    All i can say is: it sucks.
    Seriously, why can't YouTube stick to ONE layout instead of switching it every damn two days... its getting on my nerves -.-

This new layout is so annoying, i actually liked rating how many stars i think the video is actually worth instead of either "liking it" or "disliking it".

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'm fine with the new layout. It took me ten seconds to figure out where things were, and now that I have, I think it's much better than the old one. If I remember correctly, every time YouTube has changed their layout, people have complained for a few days and then got used to it.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh, yeah just noticed that.. it's alright, but i perfer the old layout better.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    If it's a joke, then that would be great, but I think they might be serious about it, oh yeah, and this. The channel changes were debatable, but this is horrible, the description of the video really shouldn't be under the video, and taking out the avatar was another bad idea, google are ruining Youtube. They are so bad at designing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    oh yeah, and this.
    I swear those sites must be paid to say nice things, made to look like blogs so people subconsciously take it for someone else's opinion and think better of the subject. Ho-hum, psychology is easy, perhaps I should've taken it.

Last edited:

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Haha, shows you how old stuff are sometimes better than new stuff. I hate the new commenting system, it's so confusing and just ugh.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I swear those sites must be paid to say nice things, made to look like blogs so people subconsciously take it for someone else's opinion and think better of the subject. Ho-hum, psychology is easy, perhaps I should've taken it.

That may be true, but it looks official since they made a 'Getting Started' page explaining it. Would they really do all of that changing just for an April fools joke?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That may be true, but it looks official since they made a 'Getting Started' page explaining it. Would they really do all of that changing just for an April fools joke?
    I think it is real, just considered that it could be a joke given how other sites are hated for changing layouts.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, confusion aside, I like some aspects of the new pages. When there are lots of comments, I think the page looks a lot cleaner and it's easier to find related videos along the side because you aren't restricted by scrollbars and a billion categories. (Actually, I think the categories along the side are the same as always but there's more space for them so it's easier to look through them.)

But with no comments on the page, it looks really, really empty. D: There aren't enough lines on the page to direct your attention and it's just very hard for your eyes to make their way down the page. Actually, even with a full page of comments (so that it goes into pagination), the comments still don't go down far enough to match most of the related videos so you're still left with way too much blank space. :(

The design definitely needs more lines. There's waaaay too much empty space and I don't like that. Nor do I like the location of the description. D: I do like some of the new buttons they added, but overall it's just... the good things about it don't really outweigh the bad. D: I'm a big fan of redesigns on the web, normally, but this one just seems like they started redesigning the page and got a bunch of ideas for it, but instead of integrating them and making the page the best it can be, they just kind of half-assed it and stopped in the middle saying "Well, this is good enough." It just looks very unfinished.

Also I doubt this is April Fools since, like I said before, I've seen this layout for at least a week now. :/

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    It launched too early to be an April Fool's joke I think. I'm not fond of the changes. It lacks.....cohesiveness. Just very "floaty". Can't tell how to do anything that I was able to do before.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Am I missing something? I clicked on the link and it brought me to one of their previous April Fools jokes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    There we go, that is so much better without being very different to how they want it to look.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    They've been letting people try out the layout since January, I have been using it since then for a matter of fact. It's not a joke.

I like it.

Back