• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC ~ The Broken Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I'm sorry, but I have to make this thread. PC is changing at an ever increasing rate and I don't like what its shaping up as. The recent Kairi/a1337a issue spurred me on in this.

n00bs are now over-running PC like a plague, they're bad repping people and managing to hurt and anger vet PC members into leaving. I was just in a thread where someone gave bad reps to two peeps with NO GOOD REASON. There's absoluetly no excuse for it. I myself have gotten 3 bad reps in the same thread for NO REASON. It's frusterating, infurating, and time to do something about it.

I don't want PC to turn into a SPP in rule enforcement, but its time that mods become stricter than ever. There have been to many members leaving over hurt feelings and such, some of my friends included. I'm sick and tired of dealing with stupid people who do stupid things.

Those who think that "This is all fun and games, we shouldn't have strict rules!" are wrong. People think that until they get needlessly flamed or shunned because of something that wasn't there fault. People flamed me for like post count. This kind of thing is a direct assualt on our beliefs and values, and any forum that lets it go on isn't worth my time or yours.

As a plea to the general PC population (yes, believe it or not, we ARE a community.) we should try to be nicer to others and immediatly stick up for those individuals that get bullied. I don't want PC's reputation going down the drain because we have dumb people killing off the fun left here.

Consider this and please do something about it. We value the vets & members we have left, and don't want anymore to go.

~PokeJungle

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I know Arcanine will try his best at least, but unfortuneatly I don't know the other mods. this isn't a recent problem either, and lately its just gotten worse.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
Years
I agree with PJ that PC has changed. We aren't as happy as we used to be. Great members are concidering leaving. I don't feel as happy as I used to on here. It isn't right. We need to do something about this, soon.

BigBoss

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2007
I think REP is a big reason in many people leaveing, n00bs give bad rep for no reason, I also think it's the flaming, and spam, and debates that cause it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I know how you feel JP, and we are going to do something about the rep system (if turning it off will fix everything then we will lose the rep on PC).
And I also never liked stiff staff (the Mods will know this from my posts about stiff staff in the Lounge), we need staff members around PC. Not Robots that will go by the rules word for word. Right now I don't see any stiff staff members.
And you can't stop new members from joining. I bet the time you joined PC had topics about all the n00bs around PC. They won't always be n00bs, everyone was new here at one time or another.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Of course PC is gonna change, every forum changes, but wether or not it hanges for good or bad is up to you alone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Thanks a million Arcy!

To clarify ~

n00bs are A LOT DIFFERENT THAN NEWBIES! Newbies are awesome! They keep the community alive!

n00bs are people that know better, but act unrespectably and are stupid.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
*rubs eyes*

I swear this thread was locked just a minute ago. o.o;

but...

Of COURSE (OBVIOUSLY) PC is going to change. The changes may be beneficial or a lot worse, such as people leaving and getting sick of it...but whether you like it or not, nothing ever stays the same! Every forum will undergo the same exact thing as it moves on, perhaps influencing the members badly.

Of course...yes, people should cooperate into helping overcome newbies, spam, rep problems, and perhaps disrespect? :/

<Oh...you compared it to SPP. How flattering>

~LP

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
All memebers were new at some point, so that can't be helped at all. But more and more threads like these, sure the bring up points that are wrong here, but it also gives people the mindset that things won't change here. About the rep thing, it never has had real base, even now only a few members give rep the way that you should. People though have to realize that these are just spammers most of the time doing it, they can turn their rep off if they want. Or they just ignore it, there is no reason to leave over it.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
But im afraid theres nothing that can possibly done to stop n00bs, all that can happen is that they're banned asap. Making the rules more strcit wont get them banned any quicker, and will just make ppl more miserable because their freedom will be tied down..
Abby and sawah demoted themselves, but havent left -they demoted themselves just so that no staff politics would come into their relationship, which is perfectly understandable.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
OF COURSE THE PC`S GONNA CHANGE!!! why wouldnt it? these changes may be bad or good, but theres little we can do about it.

(Well, unless your a mod, but thats another story!)

BigBoss

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2007
Wasen't this locked? anyway, We were all newbies at once, I quad posted once. But too solve alot of things, I say get rid of rep or only acess it to mods.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I know, but there were a lot of people that complained about the double teaming.
[Is guilty of that]

PC can become even more deviod of fun? 0.0 Seems like members seem to disagree on MSN.

Threads like these help, because they bring up issues that need attention. WE can overcome them if we work together. It won't be impossible.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
As Arcanine said, there is no possible way for us from stopping new memebrs from joining. Now we know that when a memebr joins in for the first time, he/she/it is a newbie. And as you say, newbies are different from noobs, but we all can't all go and start telling every newbie we see around that they should not spam/flame or do nothing bad. We can opnly ban thsoe members, but then agin, they join as new users again.
PC, is not crashing down or coming to an end. Even with the loss of some of the best staff memebrs, we are still strong enough. We still have senior staff who are always keeping PC together.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Next time I'll use quotes in my post so it isn't confusing.

The community needs to understand I'm not citing newbies for our problems. Not at all.

You all also need to understand that I'm not saying PC won't change, but rather that we can influence the way PC does change. right now its changing in a VERY negative way. WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THAT.

That's what some of you don't get! WE HAVE POWER! The community is built upon the members and their actions. This is more about the spirit of PC than what the mods can physically change about the appearance. Every post we make reflects on PC, but not always in a good way. That's why we need to be nicer, and stick up for people. Not everyone has rock hard skin, and we're all different. We can't just expect other members to have the same likes/dislikes as us. It's what makes us a community. That's why its annoying to me to see that members are cutting down each other's ideas and posts. It's wrong.

"A house divided cannont stand"

If PC needs a Civil war, bring it on. Sure helped out the USA. Maybe this is just a tough time, and everything will turn out ok later. We need to do everything we can to make this a brighter, nicer place. Change starts with the members.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
Years
A few of the problems that I have seen recently:

1) Some people are worrying too much about reps. Heck, I don't post outside the Strats forum usually, (maybe 40 posts outside?) and so I don't have enough interaction for many reputations (And I doubt mature people like Frosty and Kairi would just give me Reps unless I do something spectacular.) My advice, rid of this reputation thing. Who needs it? What is it used for? "OMG I HAVE MORE REP THAN YOU HA HA I WIN"

2) It's not that we need stricter rules, but rather laxer rules. Yes, we'd be banning for blatant offenses, but do we really need to yell at someone for doubleposting? (Example, not sure if it's fact). I'm sure a nicely written post would work just as well. Also, people here are always having fun, so we could just try to get along better instead of pointing out every little mistake one makes (unless we want to be like my old english teacher >_>)

My 2 cents anyhow. BAck to the ARPG thread!

BigBoss

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2007
I want PC to be a better place like it used to be when I joined, (summer, but there was alot of spam) and I want, the higher members to go to all heights to help this place out, and I think one big solution is rep, and more mods and S-Mods since many have left, (cmon, Dakota is the only S-mod left) we really need to pull ourselves together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back