• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC ~ The Broken Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I just wish everyone would calm down a bit with regards to rep :\ we all get bad rep now and then, but personally i dont care about it because i know its just a pointless spammer -i only pay attention to the nice comments left by ppl, which is the point of rep :\ and to be honest if you find it that annoying, you could just disable your own rep :\
    But if you guys find rep that serious and are that passionate about it, then i guess overall disabling may happen

EDIT: DT that's totally right -these friend group reps are annoying sometimes -.-

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I know that PC has made some drastic changes then it was from the past, (The 25 word limit, the reputation debate, etc.) But I will not give up trying to make this community better and fullfilling my duty as a moderator.

I swear, that I will do the best as I can to make this community a better place... (Even if it means getting a 2.0 xD; (J/K) )

Ganbatte ne, Minna-san!!!! xD

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • Not everyone is going to have that same mindset, Claire, and some people take is personally whenever they recieve a bad comment left by an unknown member and they can not just shut it out like you can. They end up feeling bad thinking they did something wrong or that they do not fit in.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've never really had a rep issue. If anything I'm getting good rep for stupid and useless things. But if it is causing a problem for others (and lots of others), then by all means do whatever needs to be done.

I agree with Kayleigh about the T-Dome. "Forum for mature discussions" Being mature doesn't mean just talking about sex. It should be that you're able to talk about a variety of important and/or serious issues confidently (okay, that's an odd word for it...but you know what I mean).

You guys should do whatever you feel will be beneficial for the forums.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I don't think it needs to go at all, notice the people saying it should go. They all have sueper high rep, most of them, and they all got theirs through some "rep wars" thing. Now they see it was just a cheap thrill getting it that way, there are still members that rep the correct way.

Most people weren't complaing about this, untill today I never saw people with a huge amount of bad rep.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • PC has changed alot, I can agree on that. But in that changing, some of it has been for the better. New forums, and more. All the mods on PC try to keep everything on their forums perfect, and with no spamers or flamers, but some of us can't due to time zones. So we may not be here when you need us. But some of us usually ahve differently, so we can. I remember that when i joined on January, I was only here for the fanfiction, which I came from another site. If it wasn't for it, i would have never known PC or anything.
    From what I can say, nothing much has really changed except for the staff part. The forums are mostly of the same, with some additions.
    As for the rep problem, if there is so many troubles with it. Just disable it yourself from getting it. Now if this goes aroudn all the forum, and everybody gets bad reps, then it needs to be turned off. It will eb a loss of a good system, but it will be for the better.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I suppose im just surprised that ppl take bad comments from spammers so seriously and personally :\

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • blue said:
    I don't think it needs to go at all, notice the people saying it should go. They all have sueper high rep, most of them, and they all got theirs through some "rep wars" thing. Now they see it was just a cheap thrill getting it that way, there are still members that rep the correct way.

Nice way of pointing me out, indirectly even thoug your assumption is incorrect.

blue said:
    Most people weren't complaing about this, untill today I never saw people with a huge amount of bad rep.
    Well where have you been for the past few weeks?

Edit: To Claire. Maybe some people take it so personally because they get really mean comments from people. Like seriously viscious.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    I agree with Claire, I swear, I see one of these threads at least every month. Although you may have a few good points, PJ, PC is going to change, there's no use in it staying the same forever, just imagine how boring it would be. That means no new forums would be added, no new mods, no new members, no nothing. Just a deserted wasteland of old posts and polls. So, let's all just try and do our best to cope with changes, instead of tring so hard to hold back. No further comments your honor. XD

~Kelsey

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    And another thing - I honestly beleive the T-Dome was a total flop, this is surely not what Dakota and frostweaver intended it to be, and knowing frostweaver, I'm sure he's disgusted with how it is, I remember how ecstatic he was about it finally becoming possible, but the way we took it for granted and twisted it up is just wrong and disgusting =/

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    PiroMunkie said:
    [/font][/color]

Nice way of pointing me out, indirectly even thoug your assumption is incorrect.

Well where have you been for the past few weeks?
    Oh, don't think so high or yourself, I'm allowed to express my views as are you. The bad repping, people need to realize that these were just spammers doing it, only time I ever think about a bad rep is when a respected and well known members gives it to me.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I know think that reputation is a whole waste of time... I use it for people who I adore their posts. I use it maturly. If this reputation is discourging for people to join, we should abolish the reputation system for the good of PC.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Now, I do want to comment about something that has made PC seem a little less fun to visit, in my opinion. I think that the T-Dome's topics should be more limited. I've checked out some of the threads there, and they've surprised me. I honestly don't even like going in there now. I think that the farthest the members should be allowed to go would be talking about religion and politics. But now, I see too many other kinds of threads that are just inappropriate for a Pokemon forum. I won't get into them, but if everyone looked around the site they'd realize that the majority of members here are under 15, and a lot of them access the T-Dome. People just talk about too many things in there that they really don't even need to be talking about at their current ages, but blah. Whatever. That's just my opinion on that.

Perfect. TDome is horrible.

Right now, Rep isn't the problem, but it is part of this. Rep right now is being used as what's called a "Scapegoat" Sure its not being used right, but WHO'S not using it right? The blame is shifted back upon PC members, where it always will stay. Rep should be turned off because of inappropriate use, but that's not a solution to the current problem.

Sorry DF, I just took a chill pill. I'm better now. I just care deeply about PC and want it to remain what it always has been: a great forum!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    dude, that sig is priceless lol lol lol XD

hehe -UN

Indeed. <3

Mooo

>_>;

Thats funny XD!!!!

XD i like ur sig

And you sit here and tell me rep should stay? If this is just mine, imagine everyone else's rep's -_-

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • Yet, what most of the people who are for the rep system do not realize is that people take things more and less personal then you do. Most of you say, just ignore it, it is just spam. Well people get seriously viscious comments calling them the f-word and such and leaving personal comments on there. Some people aren't has tough skinned as others.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    pokejungle said:
    Perfect. TDome is horrible.

Right now, Rep isn't the problem, but it is part of this. Rep right now is being used as what's called a "Scapegoat" Sure its not being used right, but WHO'S not using it right? The blame is shifted back upon PC members, where it always will stay. Rep should be turned off because of inappropriate use, but that's not a solution to the current problem.

Sorry DF, I just took a chill pill. I'm better now. I just care deeply about PC and want it to remain what it always has been: a great forum!
    So in the end you're just saying, "Punish the system for the acts of a few members". A lot of members still like rep.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    With regards the T-Dome, i enjoy the political and other debates, but the sex threads are really disturbing..especially when they're filled with posts from ppl under the legal age >.> I'd be for the sex threads being closed ^^

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    And it will remain a great forum. Can't you see? PC has always been great, just because of a few troublesome members hanging around, doesn't mean PC has gone up the wall or anything. Just stop and look around, people are still here, many awsome members are still here, IMO, PC is going to change for the better, and when it does, I'll be right there to stand by it. ^_~

~Kelsey

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    "A lot of members still like rep."

And such members are the ones who spammed each other's rep systems and would *hate* to see their overwhelming amount of green little blocks go, maybe not all, but i assure you a lot

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Sex threads should be banned. They don't have a place in a pokemon community.

Yes, the whole should have to pay for it. It's too bad that it had to be that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back