• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC ~ The Broken Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
  • I think that the mood in PC has definatly changed since how it was at least six months ago, in some ways its bad because its not as fun in terms of the way not many people really had anything against anybody else, but it seems more and more people have grudges against each other. But sometimes it can be good to have some new members who follow the rules, and post on a regular basis. PC is maturing in the wrong way.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    PJ, you're not really listening to what myself, Andy, and Reese are saying ^^;
    We cant control who joins PC, only ban those who do bad after joining, which already happens.
    I do agree that ppl are taking the rep system too seriously :\ if you guys find it that bad, then we can just disable it :\

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    By the way, you may all thank Flaming Torchic (Nick) for giving me the idea to try and change PC.

Ashley:
    You were the reason I put in the bit about the ppl who "It's just fun stuff here: =P

You have a point about not yelling at newbies for simple mistakes.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    I agree. Rep is one of the major reasons that PC is becoming broken up. We need to disable it. =/

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I've been for disabling rep ever since it was just tossed around like if it was nothing -_-

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yeah, and plus as long as members like us are around PC won't die! We all have to help to make this a better place. We each have our own jobs to do -- Mods have responsibilities, and regular members should obey the rules. If we all do what we're supposed to do then the site won't get any worse.

Now, I do want to comment about something that has made PC seem a little less fun to visit, in my opinion. I think that the T-Dome's topics should be more limited. I've checked out some of the threads there, and they've surprised me. I honestly don't even like going in there now. I think that the farthest the members should be allowed to go would be talking about religion and politics. But now, I see too many other kinds of threads that are just inappropriate for a Pokemon forum. I won't get into them, but if everyone looked around the site they'd realize that the majority of members here are under 15, and a lot of them access the T-Dome. People just talk about too many things in there that they really don't even need to be talking about at their current ages, but blah. Whatever. That's just my opinion on that.

And the Mods have been discussing the rep issue lately, like Arcanine said, and hopefully things will get fixed. ^_^; But for now though, I don't think people should take the whole thing too seriously, as in leaving just because of a bad rep or something. If someone gives you one for a bad reason then you could just ask an S-Mod+ to check into the whole thing and see who gave the rep, then the person can be given a warning. That might work...

DarkLink said:
    (cmon, Dakota is the only S-mod left)
    Hey, what color is my name, dude? Lol. *pokes*

And ohh, I agree about how some members are getting a bit too rude now. There aren't as many cheerful people here as there were when I first joined.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Sorry about that, Kayleigh, I forgot about you XD

I still say we need a big change.=/ I think getting rid of rep will do alot for us.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    DF_dadragonz said:
    , you're not really listening to what myself, Andy, and Reese are saying ^^;
    We cant control who joins PC, only ban those who do bad after joining, which already happens.
    I do agree that ppl are taking the rep system too seriously if you guys find it that bad, then we can just disable it

I'M NOT SAYING NEWBIES ARE BAD. DON'T TWIST MY WORDS!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    We could do that if the whole thing became too big of a problem, but for now anyone who doesn't like the system can still disable it just to avoid getting bad reps. (If it bothers them that much...) I guess that I still wouldn't mind getting rid of it. I just wish that people would be more mature about the whole thing.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    And ohh, I agree about how some members are getting a bit too rude now. There aren't as many cheerful people here as there were when I first joined.
    Cheerful? I can do that!!! XD
    Even though Ive had the worst day of my life, I can still be cheerful! *puts on a big smile*

I don't think PC is broken, its just fine! If it is broken, people like me can be the super glue to fix it! (bad comparison, I know, XD)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I didnt say you said that PJ O.o relax..read what i wrote again -.-

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, Kayleigh, people will neever be mature about rep again. It use to be when someone made a good post they'd get rep, and the system itself was very good, back then, but now it's just something that you do when a friend post, you just think "OMGTHATSMYFRIENDIWILLGIVEHIMREPPNG", and thusly you have people that can't even use proper grammar have 5K+ rep, and those who actually make thoughtful posts hardly get a slice of the cake

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Okay here goes *deep breath*
    n00bs- People, look-
    You can't live with them, you can't live without them. It just works like that. They will be anywhere. Fact of life.
    Reputation- I have a feeling that rep will be disabled. Easy as that.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    DragonTrainer said:
    Lol, Kayleigh, people will neever be mature about rep again. It use to be when someone made a good post they'd get rep, and the system itself was very good, back then, but now it's just something that you do when a friend post, you just think "OMGTHATSMYFRIENDIWILLGIVEHIMREPPNG", and thusly you have people that can't even use proper grammar have 5K+ rep, and those who actually make thoughtful posts hardly get a slice of the cake

I agree. People will never use the rep system correctly again. So until it is removed, I am boycotting it. =\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back