• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rap vs. rock...who's side are you on?

Rap or Rock?

• Rap

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Rock

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Do we have to have another thread like this? If I see one ounce of flaming in this thread or anything offensive of that matter, this will get closed because threads like these are flamebait.

For me, it's either way. I don't listen to new "rock" nor new rap. I'm more of old school rap (MCHammer, Tupac, etc...) and classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Queen, U2, Aerosmith, etc...).

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • As was stated above, both Rap and Rock. And, similarly, I like the old stuff. I suppose I lean more towards rock, though, as music tends to speak to me more than lyrics. HUGE Aerosmith fan, some AC/DC, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Queen, Tom Petty, so on and so forth.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • Nuu, why must you make me choose between my two all time favourite genres?

Wellb I don't know what to go for...cos I like both loud music and fast lyrics...but eh, I guess I'll have to choose rap. I just listen to rap more and I enjoy listening to it a bit more than rock. But I still love rock.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well unless it's J-rock, rap all the way sweeties. I like new school and old school rap, but I perfer old school a little more. (Tupac was the greatest!)
    I also like some old school rock, sweeties. ^^;

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I prefer rock over rap. I'm more of a classic rock fan than a modern rock. But I do have plenty of rock from around the late 90s/2000 from my sister. I like 90s rock, 80s, 70s and 60s but I think 50s is a little meh.
    I prefer oldschool rap over this new stuff. But I usually dont listen to it.
    At this point, I dont even know what I'd consider my favorites. I'll do some research.

Pokémaniac1

Team Galaxy Grunt
    Years
  • In my opinion, Classic Rock > Rap anyday. But I was brought up on Classic Rock all my life and really haven't heard much rap, other the mainstream stuff.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of Alternative Rock, so of course rock gets my vote. <33 Rap can be okay sometimes, A) when they actually "sing" so you can understand what they're saying and B) when the majority of rap songs don't have lyrics about some dude getting laid. o_x

~Kelsey

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Screw rap, rock rocks!

Xp rap doesn't sound very good at at in my opinion, with no melody and usually pretty bad lyrics..

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    If u asked this around a month ago it would have been rap!! But now i like rock better

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • Ska is punk rock with brass and its awesome.

Rap is all the same, and the lyrics are screwed up and twisted...I mean omg...its like all they want is to screw someone or do drugs...99% thats what the lyrics are to rap songs...

yeah rock!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back