• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rap vs. rock...who's side are you on?

Rap or Rock?

• Rap

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Rock

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I'm going with rock. Rap is crap. (That's just me)

But... I like hip hop a little...whatever it's called.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    if you said rb vs rock I'd be mad...R&B PWNS ALL!!!!!....

but now adays,I lost interest in rap....it's all the same(besides the beat of course) and I'll admit that the R&B songs now adays are also loosing my attention....back in the day,rap used to mean somethin,and the rappers were expressing what they were goin through...but now it's pointless....and ya'll can't say you like rock cuz rap is negative....heavy metal and all that crap is wierd too...but I now like rock more...unless rap songs start producing more originality,and actually mean somethin....

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Well I am not a big fan of both of them,I am mainly R&B but meh,I would have to say Rap over rock,Rock is just freaky Imo o.o

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    Rock

Not because its massively better but because its a huge part of my life.
    Rap is great though, not mainstream though, the kind with meaningful lyrics.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I really like some Rock(Alterative, early 90s rock), but I picked Rap. If it has a great beat and lyrics to go with the beat....I have no problem with Rap. There are most Rap I don't like...like Gangasta Rap. Now that stuff I stay away from. If they rap about the bad stuff going on and they don't have a great beat...I won't mess with it. But some Rap is alright. Like I listen to Diddy, Jay-Z, The Game, 50 Cent, OutKast, Snoop Dogg(he doesn't sing too much Gangsta anymore), Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliott, Kayne West, and etc.
    And Rock is alright. The earlier stuff though.

T-Master

Omgz TM
    Years
    Registering as invalid imo. Rock and rap shouldn't be on opposing sides of a spectrum at all - they should be united. Rap originated from rock, and most proto-rap groups had heavy rock influences, such as the Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and Kurtis Blow. Promoting a difference between them is promoting negativity and implied racial separation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back