• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rap vs. rock...who's side are you on?

Rap or Rock?

• Rap

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Rock

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

diarugapal

galipoka rocks
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 12, 2012
    Waba Waba said:
    i love both, but i like rap more. its gangsta biznatch!
    hey you copied my word! oh well i like rock better. its cool.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    im a rock person mysel i like every type of rock,(of course my favorite band of all times hasta be Depeche Mode, but thats not relevent) and personally i cant stand rap, but if you do like rap well more power to ya :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    Y'know, whenever I come across discussions like these, I feel so uncultured. Well, I think rock, but I guess it's because I grew up with my sister having that mainstream rap blasted into my ears, so I got really tired of it and found myself a genre. I really haven't listened to much other kinds of rap other than the crap they blast on the radio, neither have I had uch exposure to much other obscure rock bands. But when my dad had the 80's station on whenever we were delivering newspapers with him, I became quite addicted to that station. As for my favorite band, I've become quite fond of Red Hot Chili Peppers. They really do seem to stand out from the other stuff I hear on the radio. Sometimes, I wish I had been born earlier so I can appreciate rock music when it was at its peak.

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
    The Arcade Fire are, like, rock...with violins and glokenspiels =D There are very different from other bands =D

Rock > Rap

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Xabelis said:
    They really do seem to stand out from the other stuff I hear on the radio. Sometimes, I wish I had been born earlier so I can appreciate rock music when it was at its peak.
    No one said you couldn't. Just because you weren't alive when the music came out doesn't mean you can't appreciate it.

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    Rock is dying and rap kind of died aswell it's all about look how rich i am, look at mah biiatches.
    Rap is too much sold out to the public and the same thing can be said about rap.
    **** shame really..

Shaydeh

Banned
    Years
    For me, I just think all music has its purpose. People disern mainstream hip hop for its lack in lyrical content but if you consider that this type of music is targetted for clubs and parties, both enviroments where the listeners would be too high, too drunk or too busy dancing to even notice that words are being said in the song, then you would understand how it could be enjoyable to listen to. All that's really needed is a good instrumental and simple, catchy lyrics that everyone can pick up on. Saying something deep and philosophical would have the same effect as "Shake your behind" in a party situation. Though, I must admit, rappers should make an effort to produce lyrics that are less useless in any situation.

If you are looking for something to stimulate your minnd, then I'd have to say 95% of mainstream rap wouldn't be the way to go. I listen to both types of rap but appreciate the underground more. I especially enjoyed Jin's second album "The Emcee Propaganda" on a lyrical level and its production. What's dissapointing is that the music that holds potential is hardly ever the music we see on T.V. I'd choose rap over rock in the end.

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    I like Rock because i really like Goo Goo Dolls, Simple Plan and any kinds of Rock Bands i like. But the Rap its kinda crap when u watch the video with lots of black sexy ladys infront a singer.

Years
    I like Rock better, but after all, it's not about what genre is the best, it's about the individual quality of each song.

Nonetheless, Rap's been stained by something called mainstream these past years, and it's already being stereotyped... >>

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    If i had 2 listen 2 Rock itll be lyke a swarm of bees attacking me! If i listen to Rap itll be the best day of my lyfe!

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Why do you have to pick a side? oO; That said, definitely rock. I cannot abide any rap. Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Flaming Lips, The Darkness, Death Cab for Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, Snow Patrol, Panic! at the Disco... nearly all of my favourite bands are rock bands of some sort. o.o

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    As of late, I'm usually listening to rock, but I'm on both sides. To me, it's all about the instrumentals and/or beats.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Rap has cool rythm, but I prefer Rock (not screaming metal rock, though).

I dunno, I guess I like the strength of the instruments, and sometimes they have the coolest melodies! *sighs* I love it.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Rock. Definately, I LOOVE all kinds of rock. Also, heavy metal.

Old rap I like but not the rap they play now. Now it's all about what a guy does with a girl and how he beats up some other dude for a girl and yeah. If it's a girl singing the rap thay play now, they're rapping about how sexy they are and about some dude. ._. No offense or anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back