• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.7 > 8
Lone Tree Dungeon
In store: Floor 1 - Kouki, Floor 2 - Closed (Special Item: Berserk Ring / 2000 col)

Rikuto gasped for air, his breathing ragged after the intense battle he'd somehow managed to emerge victorious from. The shopkeeper stood within the dungeon by the Lone Tree, fittingly enough, alone. He looked up at the screen that announced his increase in level, then to his health which, despite having blocked every single one of the Tauros' attacks, was missing well over a third from the bits of damage that made it through the shield with each hit. Until his strength parameter increased, he wouldn't be able to hold the shield firmly enough to block all the damage from something like that.

He should have known better than to battle something almost twice his level, but he needed something on which to test his newly improved shield that was at the level he'd expect the majority of players to currently be, and the fact that he was still alive was proof that he was successful. Sitting down, Rikuto looked at his shield's remaining durability. 62%... better than I thought it'd be after such a long fight. His plan was to go in and fight until his health hit 50%, then run away. He never actually expected to win any fights, though.

After taking a potion and repairing his shield, Rikuto made way for the shop. He didn't exactly have much else to do, so maybe he could open the shop today after all. However, he was stopped by a message that appeared in his inbox. From Princess? Heh, maybe she's already feeling better! Rikuto opened the message with a grin, excited to hear from her after what had happened last night. Upon reading the final words, he froze, grin still plastered on his face as if his face had yet to understand. Despite the various sounds of battle and monsters that filled the dungeon, he only heard silence. Slowly his face warped into a look of horror.

All of a sudden, Rikuto began feeling dizzy. He was forced to rush to the nearest wall to support himself, but still slowly sunk to his knees once there. There was no way she could be dead, right? She was strong and had a lot of people to protect her… Tears abruptly began streaming down his trembling face. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist before slamming it against the wall repeatedly. He was quite tempted to shout in anger, but sense took control and he bit his tongue to quell his urge.

Rikuto sat against the wall now, head clutched between his hands, but otherwise unmoving. It seemed impossible, but he knew it was more than likely in this world. The bigger question was why he'd reacted in such a manner. He thought back to his grandfather's funeral a couple years ago. He loved the man deeply, and without his wisdom Rikuto might not be the man he is today. However, he didn't shed a single tear at the funeral. Sure, he felt the knot in his throat and the subsequent bittersweet feeling when he reflected on their time together, but that was as far as it went. He'd only known Princess for a few days, and had only really met with her four or five times. Regardless, a cloud of despair yet hung over him.

Time calmed him a little, but he didn't get a chance to dwell in his thoughts very long as they were interrupted by the sound of a young girl shouting "YES!" followed by a loud growl that reverberated throughout the cavernous dungeon. Before he even realized it, Rikuto was on his feet, running to the scene. He wasn't supposed to be the hero-type, especially not in a place like this, and especially at his level, yet he pressed on. A part of him was tempted to say, "The shield works perfectly, so I'll be fine!"

The girl responsible was a blonde-haired teenager who didn't quite look combat ready from her present lack of stance or armor. Lacy, level 13. Reason creeped back into Rikuto's brain, begging him to ignore her and leave this dungeon, but something he couldn't quite explain drew him towards her. Maybe he thought saving someone else would make him feel better about Princess. He stood in front of Lacy and faced in the direction of what would inevitably be an enemy. His knees bent forward in a firm, low stance, and he lifted his shield expectantly. His partisan rested in his right hand, ready to perform Thunder Burst if it became necessary. Just for good measure, he pulled up his inventory where selected a defense boosting potion that Xenith had given him for Christmas yesterday and drank it quickly. "You should run," he told Lacy, sounding almost angry. "My help won't be enough for you to beat whatever this is, but I can definitely take some hits while you get away." With a +6 large shield, a full suit of heavy armor (minus the helmet), and a defense boost, he probably wasn't lying.

As Rikuto stood there waiting for his opponent to arrive, his mind wandered back to the time Princess had been attacked by PKers. He'd almost forgotten what he felt as he charged to the scene to rescue her. It was during that incident when he realized he was treating her like a daughter. He tried to detach himself, but he failed miserably. Maybe he wasn't really trying, and that led to this. He couldn't even imagine what he'd do if his actual daughter were...He tore his mind away from that dark place. Maybe it was a good thing he hadn't gotten to spend that much time with Princess. What an awful way to think, but did that make it any less true?

Selfish… Princess had chosen him as one of the only three to tell of her death. Regardless of how he felt about her, she cared enough about him to choose him. Maybe it was just as her employer, but Rikuto was pretty sure he didn't care about his boss enough to think about him during his last moments. He started to recall what Xenith had told him the previous night. You need to remember that she's just your employee, nothing more…Nothing more, huh? No, it was definitely more than that. He let out a deep sigh as he stood in a defensive stance, hoping that he wasn't making a big, emotional mistake.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 37% Exp - 2900 Col
Ragnorak the Fearsome Fighter: Level 15 - 07% Exp - 3200 Col
Of Dungeons Not that kind! and Assisting Fair Maidens

The pair of adventurers stood with their backs to the trees, arms crossed, faces grim. As goofy and awkward as they were, it was hard to believe that they weren't cracking up or doing something immature, especially now that they were next to each other. The pair of best friend-bard-brothers in arms-traveling companions were master pranksters LIES and hyper-active warriors. It was a wonder that they were not dead yet.

Ragnorak whispered, "Taka...I'm bored. Can we stop doing this ridiculous pose?" His bright blue eyes shifted to the Bard.

Taka, after a moment of thinking, nodded. "That we can." The pair uncrossed their arms and shook out their stiff arms. They had been standing in that pose for ten minutes or so. "I'm bored too. Shall we make our way to the dungeon?" The lion-maned poet turned to his friend.

"I think that sounds delightful, Taka, my lad." With that, they drew their weapons and bounded off in the distance.

As they bounded, Taka began to compose a song in his head. He had been working on it ever since he had been on Urbus.

The battle's won the foes are hewed, Heroes and sidekicks all the same took part in this royale,
We won the fight together, The boss room we assailed,
Now let me tell you tale, One of exploration and the villain's fail.
The boss, a massive kobold, named Ilfang the Kobold Lord,
Summoned tons of minions to challenge the players' swords.
The brave and mighty warriors of the day rushed forward to meet the foe, to keep the evil at bay.
We fought, we smashed, we showed our fangs to show we aren't afraid.
The Lord was smashing all our attempts to draw his vile goo, (Meaning blood)
All hope was lost, our best had failed, with no one left to fight.
But neigh! a warrior rose! A phoenix then did flew!
The phoenix destroyed everything around it, but nobody payed it mind!
The strongest of all the warriors rose up to break the bind.
In the end a mighty warrioress rose up to the challenge,
She drove her mighty blade into Ilfang's chest!
Now the warriors fight on, ninety-nine floors to go,
There's no need to tarry, come on! Tally ho!

The next thing Taka new, they were standing at the entrance of the dungeon. Ragnorak looked over at him and grinned. "You ready to do this? We must be ready. These foes are no push-overs.

Taka nodded as they waltzed in. It seemed that the room they entered into was relatively empty. Taka began to explore, Ragnorak close behind him, skirting their way around the collection of Tauros herds. After a few moments of searching he heard a loud cry throughout the cavern. "YES!" The cry was soon followed by a cave-shaking growl.

"Taka, should we go toward the voice?" The red-head seemed intent on following his younger companion.

Taka thought for a moment. The voice sounds effeminate..Most likely a girl. "It's a maiden, Ragnorak, my friend. We must go help her! Tally ho!" He hefted Poetic Justice and broke off at full sprint, his ally right behind him. Upon discovering the source of the voice, they found a smart-looking man, a business man most likely, and a blonde girl, probably the source of the YES. Taka and Ragnorak approached them both, massive weapons at the ready. "M'lady, m'lord, it seems as if you've awoken a beast." Taka referenced to the source of the noise. "If you need any assistance, my comrade and I would love to assist." Before they could answer, he grinned and continued. "You'll be receiving our help anyway." He faced the girl, "M'lady, I am Taka the Lovable Poet, and my comrade here is Ragnorak the Red," And now turned to face the businessman. "And the same greetings to you, m'lord. Now, let's slay some monster!" The pair turned to face the direction the growl came from, weapons brandished. Sometimes it was hard to believe they were teenagers.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Lacy
Player level 13
Floor 2: Urbus

As soon as the loud growl had shaken the whole cave, one man ran towards her and bend on his knees behind his shield. Lacy was surprised by the fact that she wasn't the only one in here but more surprised by how quickly he was in front of her. "You should run," the man spoke with a voice that sounded almost angry. "My help won't be enough for you to beat whatever this is, but I can definitely take some hits while you get away." He finished. Lacy couldn't believe what she just heard. He was ordering her to leave while this monster was exactly the monster she was searching for. The item he was going to drop once he was finished was the last item she needed to finish her cloak. It was also a very rare item and couldn't be found just anywhere.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not able to leave." Lacy said with a gentle yet soothing voice. "I need something and that monster has it." She said before almost running off. Two other men came much to Lacy's annoyance. She suddenly understood why her sister wanted a male character for this game. "M'lady, m'lord, it seems as if you've awoken a beast." The first man spoke. Lacy knew what was going to come next. They were probably going to tell her to leave the dungeon while they would take care of the beast. Though, while Lacy kept listening she heard something that was quite the opposite of what she thought they would say.

"If you need any assistance, my comrade and I would love to assist." Before Lacy or the man with the shield could even answer, he grinned and continued. "You'll be receiving our help anyway." He faced Lacy first before facing the man with the shield. "M'lady, I am Taka the Lovable Poet, and my comrade here is Ragnorak the Red and the same greetings to you, m'lord. Now, let's slay some monster!" The man, Taka was his name, cheered.

"Yeah! That's what I wanted to hear!" Lacy said while clenching her right fist in front of her. To be honest, Lacy could use some help here. "My name is Lacy and the monster that we just heard is probably the «Golden Tauros». That monster has an item that I want. It's quite rare and I'm positive that he'll drop it once he's finished." Lacy explained.

-------

«Cloak of courage» [Not finished] [Unequipable]
«Hair dye: Violet» [not used]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 2

Godot's sprinting came to a halt upon entering the cave as he was rocked by a blustering roar. "Holy crap..." Godot tried his best not to crack a smile. "...I have to hurry." Even as the cave rumbled, Godot sped his way towards Lacy. He found it difficult not to get excited. The professor from "Only Once a Year", the Silver Salmon, and even the first floor's boss...he was practically powerless to stop himself from fighting them all. His excitement would overcome his rationale every time.

Godot's advance was met with little resistance. It seemed as if the monsters had already been cut down to size, making his path an unbarricaded one. it wasn't long before he found the suicidal blonde. Godot skidded to a halt and said, "Sorry to keep you wai-" He stopped himself. "...Wow, that really does make me sound like a...I can see why Rise doesn't like me saying it." He then noticed a familiar face out of the corner of his eye. "...Wait a minute, Taka? What are you doing here?" He scanned the room further. "Ryuusei, too?" He thought that was his name, at least, that was his name, at least. They'd only met once quite some time ago. He was surprised he remembered him, he wasn't the best when it came to names of people he'd only briefly met, though. He was in the same guild as Princess.

"Heh, I guess this is some sorta reunion, huh? I'm surprised to see you two here." Godot felt a strong rumble and unsheathed Mammon's Fang "I won't ask you why you're here, but," Godot turned to Lacy. "I'm not going to let you throw your life away. I know the effects of losing a sibling all too well, and I know even more the effects it has on a person. You clearly have too much to live for to be carelessly giving yourself up like this." He used his sword to point into the depths of the cave. "But if that thing down there is so important that you would go in there fully knowing that you'll die..." Godot smiled. "...Then for the next 30 minutes, my life is yours."

Godot turned to the others. "I'm not sure why you guys are here, but I'm counting on you. I don't know much about this boss, but if you don't think you can handle it then I suggest you leave. It's Christmas, and I think those close to you wouldn't much appreciate having your death be their Christmas present."

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.8
Lone Tree Dungeon
In store: Floor 1 - Kouki, Floor 2 - Closed (Special Item: Berserk Ring / 2000 col)

Rikuto raised an eyebrow at Lacy's response. "Need it or not, you don't exactly seem ready to solo a quest boss." He replied in an stern and slightly irritated tone. He wasn't in a good mood, and her bravado wasn't making it any better. Apparently she was too old for his sweet fatherly side to subconsciously surface and override his current mood as it always did with Princess. "The plan was for you to run while my armored self distracted it, then once you were gone I would run. Then everybody lives, and that's a good thing. Like I said, you won't beat this thing with just my help."

It seemed that the universe was intent on undermining him as they were suddenly interrupted by two young men who seemed entirely immersed in their in-game personas. The bombastic warriors were quick to offer their assistance, which Lacy gladly accepted. The turn of events took a moment to register in Rikuto's mind, but once it did he breathed a sigh of relief. Now he had no reason to stay in this dungeon any longer and he could comfortably return to the store like he wanted to in the first place. "Guess you won't be soloing a quest boss anymore, so I'll be-," he started to tell Lacy as he took a step towards the exit, but a person in that direction coming their way caused him to freeze in his tracks.

Godot rushed to the scene, apparently having come here for Lacy. The connection was unexpected, to say the least, and not really something Rikuto really wanted to deal with right now. However, Godot did almost die in an effort to save Princess' life so he probably deserved to know. A practiced "business" smile now adorned Rikuto's face as he turned back to the group, which now included Godot. It would appear that he remembered him from their last meeting, albeit as "Ryuusei", but it was close enough considering the briefness of their interaction. He didn't bother correcting him for now.

He spoke to Lacy about death, threatening to stir Rikuto's own emotions, but fortunately he was successful in keeping calm. Honestly, he'd forgotten it was still Christmas. In Japan it was usually only Christmas Eve that mattered. In fact, if it hadn't been for the boss room being discovered, it would be a normal day for the store. He supposed that his lack of emotional attachment to the day itself was a good thing, though, as the death of someone important to him would make an awful Christmas present.

Rikuto looked to everyone this time and revoked his last statement. "On second thought, I figure this shield needs a little more testing out." With those words, Rikuto moved to the front of the group, reassuming his battle stance with his shield out and ready to defend. Once this battle was over with, he would tell Godot of Princess' death, since he didn't want to risk the reckless man's mental clarity during this fight. Also, with him being the only one present who knew, the situation around him was a good way to get his mind off the young girl for a little while.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Of Quest Bosses, Old Friends, and Fearsome Appetites

Taka grinned when the young lady responded positively to his offer of help. "Yeah! That's what I wanted to hear! My name is Lacy and the monster that we just heard is probably the «Golden Tauros». That monster has an item that I want. It's quite rare and I'm positive that he'll drop it once he's finished."

Taka grinned at the thought. "Golden...Quite nice. His head shall make a good mount for my wall!"

Ragnorak grinned as he spun the Star of the North in his hands. "He sounds like a beast worthy of a king!"

The pair turned to each other and bumped fists. Taka hefted Poetic Justice into the air. The blade was heavy. The only reason Taka could wield it was his high two-handed ability. His strength parameter would have to increase soon, anyways. "Let's slay some beast!" He twirled his sword a bit. A moment away from a dramatic speech, he heard a familiar voice.

"Sorry to keep you wai-" The voice gave off a tone of realization. "...Wow, that really does make me sound like a...I can see why Rise doesn't like me saying it....Wait a minute, Taka? What are you doing here? Ryuusei, too? Heh, I guess this is some sorta reunion, huh? I'm surprised to see you two here!"

Taka turned to find a familiar face. "Godot!" He glanced at Ragnorak. "This is one of my fine comrades from the boss battle that I was telling you about! He was the one that was flying and such!"

Ragnorak smiled at the new arrival. "I see. Good to meet you, Godot. I'm Ragnorak." The red-haired viking clasped a fist to his heart and smiled, a warrior's greeting.

"I won't ask you why you're here," The newly arrived Godot turned to Lacy. "I'm not going to let you throw your life away. I know the effects of losing a sibling all too well, and I know even more the effects it has on a person. You clearly have too much to live for to be carelessly giving yourself up like this. But if that thing down there is so important that you would go in there fully knowing that you'll die..." Godot...seemed to smile at the girl. Perhaps she was taking this suicide mission alone on purpose? "...Then for the next 30 minutes, my life is yours."

With that he turned back to Taka, Ragnorak, and the Ryuusei fellow. "I'm not sure why you guys are here, but I'm counting on you. I don't know much about this boss, but if you don't think you can handle it then I suggest you leave. It's Christmas, and I think those close to you wouldn't much appreciate having your death be their Christmas present."

Ryuusei seemed to become a little bolder and moved to the front of the group. "On second thought, I figure this shield needs a little more testing out."

Taka burst out laughing when Godot said for them to leave. "Godot, my friend, you must understand. If this were a kitchen, I would be the heat! That monster will be the one leaving tonight!"

Ragnorak gave a sly grin. "We know our way around the battlefield." Another fist bump.

Taka smiled brightly at his companions. "I dislike to toot my own metaphorical horn, but we took down Ilfang! We can take on the world!" He twirled his over-sized blade a bit more and took a position on Ryuusei's right side and grinned. "Just make sure you can keep up with us!"

Ragnorak took a position on the left. "I must agree. Besides, that thing doesn't know what he has coming to it!" The massive battle-axe was gripped a bit tighter. He looked over to Godot and asked in a 'I know you're dangerous, but I'm poking at you,' voice, "You sure that tiny little blade is gonna do any good against that thing?"

Sapphire Rose

Years

Lacy
Player level 14

As Lucy had explained why she had come here, Take replied with something that made her chuckle. "Golden...Quite nice. His head shall make a good mount for my wall!". Ragnorak grinned "He sounds like a beast worthy of a king!". "Just remember that the «Golden Thread» is mine. It's hard to get one of those." Lacy was about to resume walking until she heard a voice that was rather familiar to her. In fact, it was the voice that belonged to someone who she had spend her evening with.

"Sorry to keep you wai-" The voice said. "...Wow, that really does make me sound like a...I can see why Rise doesn't like me saying it....Wait a minute, Taka? What are you doing here? Ryuusei, too? Heh, I guess this is some sorta reunion, huh? I'm surprised to see you two here!" Godot said after he had taken a look around. So he knew these people?

Take seemed rather glad to see him. Of course he would if they were friends. "This is one of my fine comrades from the boss battle that I was telling you about! He was the one that was flying and such!" Take turned to the red haired man. Lacy widened her eyes and laughed. "Flying and such? That doesn't sound like you at all." Lacy tried to speak through her laughing.

"I won't ask you why you're here," Godot said to the guys before turning to the blonde girl. "I'm not going to let you throw your life away. I know the effects of losing a sibling all too well, and I know even more the effects it has on a person. You clearly have too much to live for to be carelessly giving yourself up like this. But if that thing down there is so important that you would go in there fully knowing that you'll die..." Lacy was surprised hearing this even though he wasn't finished. He seemed to be smiling at her for a second. "...Then for the next 30 minutes, my life is yours." Lacy smiled back. "... Thank you." She replied.

"I'm not sure why you guys are here, but I'm counting on you. I don't know much about this boss, but if you don't think you can handle it then I suggest you leave. It's Christmas, and I think those close to you wouldn't much appreciate having your death be their Christmas present." Godot said to the others. The business man jumped in and said that his shield needed more testing, this probably meant he was going to join them which made Lacy even happier. This quest boss monster had no change to the five of them!

Taka suddenly bursted out laughing. "Godot, my friend, you must understand. If this were a kitchen, I would be the heat! That monster will be the one leaving tonight!" Ragnarok grinned, "We know our way around the battlefield." The two of them fistbumped. Lacy figured that they were probably pretty good friends.

While their conversation continued, Lacy thought back at the time when her sister and her were still that close to each other. They did everything together until she finished high school and when Lacy started working part-time. Then something crossed her mind.

"You sure that tiny little blade is gonna do any good against that thing?" Lacy heard Ragnarok say to Godot before she shouted something out. "Oh my gosh! It's Patricia's 18th birthday in three weeks!" She seemed rather surprised but also started stressing. "How am I supposed to get her a present?! How can I even give it to her when I don't have any idea where she is?!" Lacy looked at her hands before noticing that everything she said right now wasn't what she thought... but actually said.

"Sorry... birthday drama... just ignore that." Lacy said with an awkward smile. Stressing about it right now wasn't the smartest thing to do and thinking about it right now was even more stupid.

"Thanks guys for helping me out like this. I probably wouldn't be able to beat it by myself. If you're gonna ask why I was here all alone then my answer will be simple..." Lacy paused. "That item is that important to me. The armor I can make from it will serve me very well. This game is my only chance to show my sister that I'm capable of taking care of myself and I want to take that chance." Lacy smiled at the men in front of her.

"Now, let's go kill that beast!" Lacy cheered and started walking in the direction that the growl originated from.

-------

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 2

"Tiny little blade?" Godot looked down at Mammon's Fang. "I've only ever used Heavy Swords in other ARPGs, I hadn't even considered them for SAO. And now that you mention it...I have had this sword for a long time. Heck, I haven't even forged it to make it stronger or gotten a new sword in a while." He tilted his head just slightly. "Maybe it's time that I did..." He turned his attention to Lacy, who seemed to be agonizing over her sister's birthday that wasn't too far off, promptly heading for the enemy not long afterwards.

Godot didn't waste any time. Following Lacy's lead, Godot sprinted towards the enemy...only realizing just before he reached it exactly what the enemy was. Or rather, what the enemy wasn't. Or rather, the fact that he had absolutely no idea what he was going to be fighting. Of course, even if he knew it probably wouldn't have changed anything, but he still wasn't sure as to whether he was prepared or not. Not only was his Meister's Soul still incapable of doing what made it unique, but he'd just gotten back from fighting a monster large enough to compete for a spot in Shadow of the Colossus. A sandwich would have been nice. Or maybe some type of cold beverage. That's what he told himself all in the matter of a couple of seconds. But it wasn't by any means a matter of fear. His fatigue was the last of his worries, and what he was fighting only crossed his mind for a couple of moments. The surprise was a part of the thrill.

But his logic wasn't borked, and he wasn't transformed into some irrational monster with a fetish for battle. His excitement simply got the best of him, and that was all there was to it. It was definitely a more violent process than usual, probably because of his desire to think about something other than his current situation. It wouldn't have been wrong to say that his rationale was slightly out of whack, his thinking wasn't completely straight, but he did have a purpose for fighting the beast. That purpose was Lacy. Or her sister, Patricia. They could have just been excuses, but even if they were, they counted as reason enough.

And yet, he found himself wondering why he was thinking so much, even in the the face of a boss reveal. Why was he thinking about my condition. Why was he trying to rationalize my actions. It was all unconscious, and yet, it felt more on the forefront of his mind than it originally had. He then started to wonder when he was going to reach the boss. Why hadn't he reached the boss yet? What was Kagome up to? It sure was taking a long time. How long had he been running? Maybe he should have stayed with Rise. Why did he feel so light headed?

...Why DID he feel so light headed? In fact, it barely felt as if he was running anymore, but he was overcome by a surreal feeling that came close to sleepiness. He couldn't feel his feet crashing into the ground with each step. There was no sensation of wind as there had previously been. His vision was blurring, and all he could feel was the quickening throbbing of his heart. His mind was throwing more and more questions at him faster and faster, to the point that he was barely able to maintain his grip on sanity.

Godot finally reached a creature. It was a Tauros, a larger golden one. It didn't matter if it was unique or even if it was the monster that Lacy was looking for; Godot just wanted it dead. The Tauros let out a booming roar, but Godot was undettered. He simply smiled and persisted in his sprint. The monster side swiped with his weapon, but Godot had no intention of dodging. His sword shone bright, with a leap, Godot unleashed a Dive Flurry. 4 of the seven strikes landed on the chest of the beast, but it hardly seemed deterred. The Tauros took advantage of Godot's vulnerability and punched him. Hard. Godot was sent spiraling in another direction, landing between some debris that had "cushioned" his fall. There was no gasp from Godot's side, he simply laughed and made to rise again.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Lone Tree Dungeon

Rikuto watched as Taka and Ragnorak took positions beside him. He was glad to see that the group was going in with a plan. The mood lifted once Lacy began ranting about her sister's birthday, something which, despite his chuckle in response, he didn't pay too much attention to with his mind on the monster that would no doubt severely outlevel him. Ready to proceed, he stepped forward with caution. He tried to stay at the head of the group, so he could take a blow from a surprise attack or anything else that could happen. However, Godot didn't seem to agree with him, instead deciding to recklessly dash in first. So much for having a plan.

"Damn it, Godot!" cried Rikuto as he rushed in after him as fast as he could while keeping his shield up. He couldn't let Godot get himself killed too. In fact, Godot was the entire reason Rikuto was still here, making it that much more important the man stay alive. When Rikuto caught up, he saw Godot on the ground, clearly having been hit and trying to get up. Strangely enough, he was laughing. Rikuto would have likened it to a psycho from some anime, but honestly Godot's face didn't look crazed or anything. He rushed in between Godot and the giant golden beast, planting his feet in a firm, defensive stance.

"Stay behind me until the others get here," Rikuto said firmly, not happy with the way Godot was acting. There was a brief pause before he said something else. "You can't just give a speech about not being suicidal, then act suicidal. Besides, I wanna talk to you after this and obviously I can't do it if your kamikaze moves get you killed. You pulled this sort of thing when you went to save Princess, too." He stopped himself, partially at the mention of Princess but mostly upon noticing how casual of a tone he'd taken with Godot. It struck him that he hadn't really talked to anyone in the game outside of a business setting. "Sorry," he apologized after a short, exasperated sigh. "Just-"

He didn't get time to say anything more before a hammer plowed into his shield, pushing him back so hard that his feet even lifted off the ground momentarily despite the combined weight of his armor and shield. Fortunately, he managed to land right back into his stance, but he kept in mind to watch out for any combos that could take advantage of the time it took him to recover from the recoil. He wasn't sure if he could have taken that hit nearly as well as he did without Xenith's potion, so he would have to remember to thank her later.

The Golden Tauros followed up with a downward slam, something Rikuto wasn't sure even he would be able to block without losing a chunk of his health, so he hopped backwards instead. The huge block of metal slammed into the ground and shook the area around it, forcing Rikuto out of his stance. The creature didn't miss a beat, going straight for a punch instead of wasting time lifting the hammer. Rikuto quickly spun his body to get his shield in place, knowing he wouldn't be able to lift it normally in time, and managed to get most of it in the way of the attack before it hit. But, without any real, solid stance, this hit sent him flying. He was knocked to the ground, much like Godot had been when he had arrived. Rikuto's mind screamed for him to get back into his stance as the Tauros began to move again. The first thing to come up was Rikuto's shield, followed by his torso, leaving him in a kneeling position with one knee on the ground and his shield propped up against his shoulder to defend from whatever came next.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Kagome and Tara
Lv. 15||Floor 2

Still confused from the previous encounter, Tara trailed behind Kagome. She wasn't able to get a read on Kagome, but her stony expression made her reluctant to speak. She'd thought that Kagome had opened up to her, but it seemed the encounter locked her down in a way that only a skeleton key could undo. She wasn't very good with words, and she found that out pretty quickly. She wasn't very smart, either; having only been born the previous night. Her father told her not to worry, saying that she was smart, and that made her feel good at the time. And yet, there she was, her thumbnail planted firmly between her front teeth and her eyes darting every which way. In her mind, not being able to think of something to say made her stupid. It meant that she didn't have the capacity to think on a level that would work for that situation, something that had been so simple before but, do to one simple change in composure, became a something of a trial. It made sense to her, it was purely fundamental.

Then, suddenly, Kagome stopped. Tara, not predicting the sudden stop, bumped into Kagome's leg and stumbled backwards. She looked back at Tara and squatted down to level with her. "Tara, do you love me?" She asked, abruptly.

Tara, still gathering herself, took a thoughtful pose. Her answer wasn't immediate, and it actually took quite some time. She seemed to be deeply in thought about her answer on the subject. But Kagome was patient, and her face remained calm. Finally, Tara broke from her pose, and bluntly declared, "No." She certainly didn't mince words, and unsurprisingly, Kagome was taken aback by this. She wasn't expecting to hear something like that from her own sister. She found it difficult to ask why, mainly because she was expecting a "yes" or the usual quizzical look that Tara had, followed by a query into what "love" was. But maybe she didn't know, maybe she had it confused with something else. That was probably why it took her so long to answer; she didn't think it made sense.

"But I'm your sister. You don't like your big sis?" She asked almost desperately.

Once again, she thought a few moments before speaking. "Daddy told me that family should love each other, but…" She looked away and returned her thumb to her mouth. "…I cannot really love someone who doesn't feel that way." She hurriedly added on to her statement. "I-I am sorry if that sounds mean, but daddy told me that I should say what's on my mind." Tara was right, it did hurt, but what was more was that her words felt like an arrow to the chest. She wasn't able to maintain her calm composure, though she tried her hardest.

"…Wh-" Her lip quivered, and she felt her vision start to haze. "What do you mean by that?"

"The way you treated your sister, and the way she looked at you. It did not seem like you two were a family at all." Kagome broke. How did she know that Apathy was Kagome's supposed sister? Not even Godot knew that- at least, to Kagome's knowledge. "It has been bothering me since we met her. I kept thinking 'Daddy said that family is supposed to love each other…but then how can these two be so separate from each other,' it did not make sense. Then I realized, you two did not love each other, and if that was the case, the love was not required. Family does not have to love each other. But I do not think daddy lied. Family should love each other, but the problem is…I do not think that you have the capacity to love."

Those words drove into Kagome like a sharp knife. Who was this girl? Why was she suddenly so sharp? Before, she only knew simple words and didn't even know what the words "ginger", "bread", and "cookie" were. Then she became overanalytic and suddenly knew words like "capacity". In fact, Kagome didn't know anything about her. She was rather mature for her age, and had a seemingly selective but rapidly growing library of knowledge…but what really hit Kagome were those eyes of hers. They saw what was no doubt invisible to others, and pointed out what she saw clearly.

In fact, it was that deductive ability that gave Kagome difficulty breathing. Her calm composure completely shattered, and she was overcome with conflict. The idea that she was without the capacity to love, that was nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. Family was the most important thing to her, so the idea was utterly preposterous. But what she was saying felt so right. In fact, it felt so right that Kagome was inclined to believe her.

And suddenly, there was a small twinge of pain. No, no...she was wrong. She was completely wrong. If she were right, she wouldn't hate Apathy. After all, it was because of her love for Alistair that she was so against her little sister. It didn't make any other sense otherwise.

Another twinge. But maybe that hate was born from the denial of her supposed sister as well as an exaggerated facade of love. She may have been right.

Another twinge. But how did that explain Godot? Was he simply a means to continue the love that Alistair couldn't continue to provide? No, she didn't feel the same way about Godot as she did Alistair. It must have been legitimate. It had to be.

Another twi-

-----

"M-Ms.Kagome!" Tara exclaimed as the tormented Kagome fell to the ground, motionless. She shook her arms wildly, trying to bring her back to reality, but it was no use, she wasn't waking up. She opened her terminal and started typing, trying to gain the help of a certain someone.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Unknown person
25th of December

preloader.gif

Sending message...

To: 1000+ players
Subject: Floor 2, Boss room.

-----------------------------------

Greetings, everyone within Sword Art Online. Speaking here is the founder of the second boss. As my name is not important, let's get to what really matters.

I came up with a strategy to defeat the second boss. It's name is «Baran». Baran the general Taurus has the same ability as most of the Taurus on the second floor which is «Numbing Impact» except that «Baran» has a wider striking range. I know this information because my dear friend entered the room without knowing that it was a boss room. He send me little information before he died. May he rest in peace...

To progress to the third floor we need to defeat this boss together. I ask of everyone to finish what you're currently doing and to come to the door of the boss room. The location should be marked on your map. I'll be waiting there for all of you who wish to fight this devilish monster.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Joint Post – Talking, Food and Talking
Featuring Turnip, Lucina and Robin

What Lucina had said about gender inequality was at least a little true – that much was proven in Saito. He was the minority, though, as far as Turnip was concerned. And besides, look what happened to him. Thwack thwack stab. No more Saito. Admittedly, it hadn't been Lucina or Kagome who'd killed him, but he hardly seemed to enjoy having his face pounded in beforehand.

The armoured figure glanced up at Robin. The young man didn't seem to be in too good of a mood, actually. That was a shame; it looked as though he was being a bit more hospitable a few moments ago. Hmm… perhaps he hadn't taken kindly to Turnip's compliment/jibe. Any guilt Turnip may or may not have ended up feeling, though, was entirely flushed out of his mind with the arrival of the food. He thanked the waitress quickly before immediately sliding the top half of the first bun into his helmet. The bread was steadily pulled inwards by an invisible force, eventually disappearing entirely into the abyss. In the process of chewing, another thought occurred to him about Lucina's predicament. He paused his eating to speak in a voice with as little muffling as possible.

"You know, Not Batman, wouldn't it be a better idea to prove those kinds of people wrong, rather than humouring them? You're obviously capable of it. You're level sixteen for gods' sake."

Lucina was still glaring at Robin for making such an awful comment, then turned to Turnip. "They wouldn't give me the chance to prove it since they'd keep me out of fights and wouldn't notice because they're too busy trying to save someone who doesn't have to be saved." Lucina replied. "Sometimes I hate heroic figures because of it. They see someone in trouble and immediately think they need saving while they actually could handle it themselves."

Whatever those two were talking about, it wasn't Robin's place to speak. He would listen, however, if they asked him for his opinion. When Lucina gave him that glare, Robin didn't mind. He'd been used to that kind of stuff since school. She explained the reason she wants to prove herself. It's a little flawed, and Robin couldn't help but speak, "Maybe they just don't know what the person they're saving is capable of. Unless you know their true strength, you can't tell if they can handle it." Robin finished his speech off and sipped some more ramen. It wasn't like him to speak much without being spoken to first.

Turnip shrugged, "Eh, but with her level visible, that isn't really an excuse," He turned to Lucina. "If people are really all that intent on keeping you out of fights, you could always just kick them in the face. Face-kicking tends to work."

Lucina chuckled at Turnip's comment about face-kicking. "Turnip is right there. My level has been visible in all the online games I've ever played. It has always been like that." Lucina replied to Robin. "Since I've been hiding my level and my gender some players just walk by while I'm training without trying to help me out. I like it that way." Lucina took a bite of the... what was it? Robin bought something that she didn't even knew but after taking a bite it turned out to be quite delicious. "I also have another reason for hiding my gender but that's not a story I'm going to tell you." Lucina added.

Somehow Robin could see a little of himself inside Lucina. She wanted to be left alone. In real battles, however, there are things you can't handle alone. "Well, I won't pursue that story if you don't want to." He didn't know what else to say, nor did he want to speak, so he continued eating his ramen. Lucina seemed to be enjoying her food. It was a bit pricey, so it looked like it was worth it.

Turnip thought for a moment, then shrugged and ate another rasher of bacon. "The human race is pretty bloody weird," He murmured. He spoke up when he suddenly remembered something. "Oh, yeah, uh, so anyway - speaking of things people can't handle alone, I... have you guys done the 'Where is Rudolph' quest? 'Cause I haven't, and when I just scrape the level requirement, I don't really know what to expect. Now, normally I'd just grind first and solo it, but with it being an event quest, I don't know if I'd have the time, and I'm... oy... I haven't caught up to everyone yet." The armoured figure paused, folding his arms a little grumpily. "You..." He sighed. "Anyone feel like taking it on sometime later? I'm not asking for help, but we can have some fun, right?" Turnip looked up hopefully for a moment before correcting himself. "Yeah, if that wasn't clear I'm totally asking for help. Oh, and Robin, I don't know how the level requirement works, or if a party can bypass it or something."

"Maybe that's something we could do after the boss fight. I mean... that person would message us, right? After a plan was made? I wonder how much longer that'll take..." Lucina replied to Turnip as she finished the food Robin had bought for her. "That reminds me of a question that I wanted to ask earlier." Lucina immediately faced the white haired swordman. "With what did Turnip assist you yesterday if I may be curious?" Lucina asked him, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

While enjoying his ramen, Robin continued to listen in on Turnip's saying. He was talking about the Rudolph quest that was available for a short time. No doubt he's a sucker who wants to get himself killed. Still, he goes out of his way and seeks assistance for the quest. There are some good rewards, Robin thinks carefully. A party would increases their chances of survival. They just need to act in sync, which is difficult to learn.

Lucina thinks it'd be better if they wait until the current boss is dealt with. "I agree," Robin spoke up, folding his hands together under his chin. "Besides, if we were to tackle this quest together, we'd need to work together in sync, with no mistakes. Otherwise, we'd be walking into a new life." A little straightforward, but they should get the picture.

Lucina decides to bring up another question which concerns yesterday's events. Robin pauses eating his ramen, then sets it down. It's better not to leave her in the dark, "There was a man listening in on our conversation at the inn yesterday. No doubt the men you know," Robin stares at Lucina to make sure she gets what he means, then continues, "I contacted a few acquaintances, Turnip included, then later the man attacked me with two others guys. The party I contacted assisted." Robin replays the battle in his mind, remembering a few instances from that battle. There was one that really ticked him off... "Anyway, in the end, we got rid of them. I'm paying Turnip back for his help that day. As for the other..." Robin hid himself deeper inside his hood, thinking back on his conversation with Kagome, "I still need to pay them back." It was a long story. Lucina would be shocked at this news. It's highly likely that she would. Robin continues gulping down his ramen before it's completely gone, "Anyway, that's the story."

Turnip frowned, Jeez, who died and made Robin Grand Lord of the Rudolph Quest? Come on, this is one event quest, not a bloody world record co-op speedrun. It bugged him slightly that Robin was so adamant about stressing how difficult the quest was, but in all, he supposed if they weren't going to do it, he'd hardly force them. He had originally wanted the quest done before the boss battle, too, just for the extra level before facing it - but then, that depended on how quickly it was made available. With the fight only being prevented on a whim, it could be minutes or weeks before whoever was 'in charge' of it deemed the boss ready to fight. He might have to take a look at the situation later, just to see whether it was actually some kind of reputable organisation, as opposed to a rag-tag group under the banner of an egotistical prick, like there was with Saito. He supposed he'd leave the quest for now; it'd hopefully be left up over the entire Christmas period, anyhow. With the conversation now on the fight yesterday, and his bacon bun nearly finished, the armoured figure suddenly noticed the hot beverage in front of him - and the other two already at the table.

Turnip shrugged, "Yeah, we killed a few guys and Kagome made a sweet FMA reference - anyway, uh, is this hot chocolate mine? Because, uh, I don't mean to be ungrateful and all, but I only eat bacon buns here. It's kind of a protest thing." He laughed somewhat meekly, a guilty smile on his hidden face.

Lucina was a little shocked hearing this story from Robin. She felt kinda guilty that Robin was being picked on while what they really wanted was her. "... I'm sorry you had to deal with them." Lucina apologized while looking at Robin, then turned to Turnip. "I'm sorry to you as well. If it wasn't for me then you guys wouldn't have to deal with them." At least they were able to take them out. Lucina just hoped that she and her friends wouldn't have to deal with them again. Lucina was curious about the third person or persons that Robin apparently didn't want to tell her about. He hid himself in his hood so Lucina decided not to ask any further about it... until Turnip gave away the exact information that she was curious about. "... Kagome?" Lucina looked at Robin but figured he wouldn't reply to that. "I-I see..." Lucina looked at her cup of hot chocolate and looked like she was thinking. Of all people she hadn't expected Robin to choose her to help him battle them... was there some kind of connection between them? A romantic one? Lucina didn't want to know about it for some reason and was surprised by how she was reacting to this.

"There's nothing to apologise for," Turnip waved a hand dismissively. "It's three fewer PKers in this game, and a boatload of experience points for us."

Lots of tension in the room. Turnip didn't want any of the hot chocolate. That's rather rude. Robin begins drinking his hot chocolate, taking quiet sips. Lucina apologized to both him and Turnip for involving them with her problem. It was a common thought to have. "What's done is done." Turnip had mentioned something about the Rudolph quest. Robin thought a little more about it before speaking, "We'll take on that quest tomorrow morning, under one condition," he looked at Turnip's helmet to see if he was paying attention, which was difficult, "you follow my commands or you'll die." Robin turned to Lucina next. "It's your choice."

Turnip was astounded, What the hell did he just say to me?

"Well excuse me, God, I wasn't aware your life-and-death controlling spirit had manifested itself before me. What in the Nine Hells have you got stuck up your arse? It's an event quest with a level requirement I meet, not bloody Punch-Out's Mike Tyson. Honestly, I'll be careful and all, but that's a given – I'm not taking commands from you, Robin. Jeez. Sorry I asked. Have you even done the quest before, or are you just talking out of your behind?"

Lucina sighed, pretty irritated, before putting the empty cup back on the table. "I'm not going to deal with that. No one is going to order me around when it's just a quest boss. It's probably an easy one too considering it's christmas." Lucina said with an irritated voice. "I do agree we should work together as a group but no one is going to be some kind of leader."

"You underestimate too much. Level isn't everything, it's the skills you learn and how you execute them." Robin decided to let it be and continued talking. "We'll work together, if that's how you wanna hear it." Their status with each other wasn't going so well. Socialism was never Robin's strong suit. Is it better that they don't do this quest at all? Maybe it's better if he goes at it alone. Robin got up from the table, with his food finished, and adjusted his hood, "You two figure out what time we should take on this quest and message me. I'm gonna go stock up now." Finally saying this, Robin left the two at the table, sighing from finally being alone for now.

Since they were going to take on this quest, Robin should prepare himself soon. It's off to restock on healing potions & crystals.

Turnip watched him go, bemused, although a little confused. The armoured figure followed the white-haired swordsman's movements all the way to the door, one of his eyebrows firmly raised the entire time. He chewed the bacon in his mouth slowly, and as the door closed behind Robin, he swallowed.

"Hmm. Implying he's more skilled than us. Don't know what the hell he was trying to say with all that." He turned back in his seat to face Lucina again. "Welp, just talking out of his arse again, I guess. Uh, you can have that if you want; just bacon buns for me." Turnip prodded his hot chocolate gingerly in her direction, then moved his hand to take the final piece of his bun and slot it in through his visor.

Lucina didn't turn even one second to Robin while he left and listened to Turnip's words as he turned back to her. "I don't like the way he's acting either but I'm not going to do such a quest with just you and me." Lucina stood up and brushed her hair out of her face while hiding in her hood. "I'm leaving. I gotta prepare myself for the boss fight." Lucina gracefully left the table and approached the door. While holding the doorknob she glanced back at Turnip. "By the way, if you see a blonde haired girl in a black uniform please message me." She turned back to the door. "She's bothering me somehow..." With these words she opened the door and left.

"Well, alrighty then." The armoured figure murmured. "Sure, I'll find the one blond girl in black. It's not like people wear things with… colours. Mlegh." He stood from his seat, picking up the unwanted cocoa and walking over to the bar. He placed it in front of another patron, saying without a hint of sarcasm: "Here, drink this. The time is now. Bluebird eight is go."

And with that, Turnip promptly left.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 12
HP: 100% - EXP: 2% - Col: 341

With some potions & crystals restocked, Robin is prepared for combat once more. He'll have to restock on Col though, so that'll take a while to do. He can just do so as he continues his training. He'll have to buy new armor & upgrade his sword as well, but again, he is short on Col. He was never one to worry about money, but in this case, it's a necessity to survive in this game.

Just as he was about to head out, a message from an unknown user popped up. He opened it & read what the message had inside.

To: 1000+ players
Subject: Floor 2, Boss room.

-----------------------------------

Greetings, everyone within Sword Art Online. Speaking here is the founder of the second boss. As my name is not important, let's get to what really matters.

I came up with a strategy to defeat the second boss. It's name is «Baran». Baran the general Taurus has the same ability as most of the Taurus on the second floor which is «Numbing Impact» except that «Baran» has a wider striking range. I know this information because my dear friend entered the room without knowing that it was a boss room. He send me little information before he died. May he rest in peace...

To progress to the third floor we need to defeat this boss together. I ask of everyone to finish what you're currently doing and to come to the door of the boss room. The location should be marked on your map. I'll be waiting there for all of you who wish to fight this devilish monster.

So the attack will soon begin. Why on earth would this player not reveal his identity actually? I have a bad feeling about this... Robin was hesitant about this message. For all he knew or anyone else, it could be a trap.

...Of course, Robin was gonna go. It's not in him to just sit out & do nothing. If he finds anything suspicious, he'll step in & protect anyone in danger. That's his style.

This boss, «Baran». Robin fought him in the beta version. He's slow in speed but is very hard to dent. He should have a weak point somewhere, if he could remember. "I'll have to be careful," he said curiously, heading off to the dungeon while looking at the map. Perhaps he'll meet some familiar faces.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years

Taka and Ragnorak laughed as Lacy began to talk. "Oh my gosh! It's Patricia's 18th birthday in three weeks! How am I supposed to get her a present?! How can I even give it to her when I don't have any idea where she is?!" There was a momentary pause. "Sorry... birthday drama... just ignore that." Lacy gave an awkward smile. "Thanks guys for helping me out like this. I probably wouldn't be able to beat it by myself. If you're gonna ask why I was here all alone then my answer will be simple...That item is that important to me. The armor I can make from it will serve me very well. This game is my only chance to show my sister that I'm capable of taking care of myself and I want to take that chance. Now, let's go kill that beast!" Lacy cheered and started walking in the direction that the growl originated from.

Taka grinned at her and bowed graciously. "It's no problem, m'lady. I don't know about the others," He gestured to the other gathered men. "But my life is yours...For this boss fight anyways." He gave a cheery laugh again and pointed to Ragnorak. "We are the most fearsome fighters this side of SAO!"

Ragnorak gave his own laugh as he listened to Godot begin to ponder working on his sword, but turned back to Lacy, still walking towards the mini-boss. "I must agree. Never will the demon feel so much fear as when we fight them! My life is yours."

Within seconds, Godot broke off in a sprint towards the boss. Taka couldn't help but whistle. "He sure can fly." Rikuto broke off after him, cursing his name. Seconds before Taka, himself, was going to break up, he received a message involving the boss and grinned. "I'm internally torn. The close fight, or the better fight?" He turned to Ragnorak. "I have a proposition. You go fight the boss, and I'll stay here to help." Without saying a word the redhead nodded and broke off behind the group, heading to the boss room. Taka grinned and turned to Lacy. "Let's do this."

The lion-maned bard hefted Poetic Justice off of his shoulder and took off after his comrades, hair flowing behind him. "VICTORY!" His battle cry boomed throughout the cave as he ran for God-Knows-How-Long. It would be heard by Ragnorak farther back in the cave, whose heart would drop as he realized he would miss an excellent fight. After moments of running, Taka found Godot being punched in the chest. The lad went flying into a wall, but he simply stood up and laughed. A true man. Taka grinned as Rikuto took a place in front of him and began to talk to him. A true friend.

The grin disappeared when the Tauros slammed his hammer into Rikuto's shield, sending him skidding backwards. Two blows later, he was on the ground as well. "Never fear! Taka's here!" The bard couldn't let his friends die! He rushed forward, Poetic Justice raised high, and charged the fearsome beast from behind. He quickly caught up to the beast from behind and smirked as it was focused on his downed comrades. Taka slammed his sword into the ground as hard as he could, vaulting him onto the beast's back. "Never strike a downed man!" His sword glowed a bright gold as he raised it into the air. "TAKA RISING!" He brought his newly-lightened sword down as hard as he could on the monster's head, causing it to flail its head around.

Taka struggled to hang on as he got one more strike in. His victory was short lived as a fist came flying into him from behind, causing him to hurtle head-first towards the wall. In an attempt to cushion the blow he held his blade directly in front of him. His plan back-fired, however, as the wall came closer and he realized his blade would be stuck. Damn it! It was too late to change course of action, sadly, and instead of colliding with the wall, Poetic Justice slid into the rock effortlessly. Taka, close behind, slammed into the wall, dizzied and stunned. For a moment he pondered the possibility of his death. Will I die on a wall? Will my death be avenged? Was it even worth it? Surely death was certain...

No...I will not let such thoughts enter my mind. He looked behind him to find the Tauros coming closer and closer. Damn... He began to attempt to yank his blade from the wall. Time after time he felt it come an inch or two closer from being free, but it wasn't complete. He heard thunderous footsteps closer behind him. Damn it! Damn it! He began to yank harder. The blade was almost free! The Tauros was right behind him. Taka cried audibly, "DAMN IT!" As he gave one final yank. His blade was released from its stone prison and he fell to the ground. Taka spun to find the beast's hammer descending towards him. "NO!" He swung his blade, still affected by his Sword Art, to meet the attack. The attacks clashed for a moment before the beast changed the direction of his hammer mid-attack, and it crashed into his side. He flew across the cavern and slammed into the ground, the air temporarily knocked out of his lungs. Damn...That hurt... He stood shakily after regaining his composure and turned to face the beast.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 14 | XP 70% | Col 9417
Location - Floor 2: Urbus

Upon exiting the inn, Turnip couldn't help but notice yet another message appear in his inbox. The armoured figure was perplexed somewhat by the apparent attention he'd recently been receiving, but his thoughts soon changed as he opened the message that had just arrived.

"Man, it's message central today. What's this abou-? Oh. Oh, bloody heck, that's… awesome and slightly inconvenient."

The boss fight… it was happening! They'd only spoke of it just in the inn a little while earlier, he supposed that was tempting fate. He didn't know just how long it'd actually be until the boss fight, though, and he really did want to go grab that demon sword… The armoured figure was caught in his decision for a moment, but he soon decided to choose the sword. He just hoped he could make it back to the boss battle in time.

"Screw it! Screw it all!" Turnip shouted, disregarding the stares of the other players and bolting off in the direction of the Springs dungeon.

Turnip had managed to narrowly avoid mob confrontation on his sprint to the Springs, so ultimately he arrived there unscathed. He remembered the lizards he'd faced in there earlier, though, so he couldn't just go barrelling in to the place. As he reached the entrance, he was met with a slightly unexpected sight: a party of five players, geared up and ready to storm the place. Not surprising in and of itself – rather, the surprising thing was that one of the group recognised him.

"Hey! It's you, the guy who saved me from that PKer yesterday!" And that set the group into a flurry of conversation.

"Oh, that's the guy?"

"Is he nice?"

"Hey, nice one, dude."

"Why did no-one tell me this happened? You almost died? When was this? How did this happen?"

Turnip spoke up. "Yeah, uh – I did things. Great. I want in to the dungeon."

"You do?" The girl from yesterday said. "Great! We're just about to go in, too."

"I'm just going for a quick visit – there's loot in there, and the boss battle is pretty much on now, so, if you don't mind, it'd be nice if I could be pretty quick." The armoured figure explained. And so it'd be nice if I didn't have to stop to talk to people… He sighed and relented for now, drawing his sword and pointing it in the direction of the dungeon. "Alright, first enemies you'll meet in there are two pretty high level lizard men. We can probably take them pretty easily. I'm looking for a room off to the left of there, and I've got to get what's there and go. I mean, I'd help more, but I've gotta run. Boss battles don't fight themselves, and if I don't get the chance for XP and loot from it I'll probably scream."

"You'll, uh… scream? Are you sure you're the same guy from yesterday?"

"Let's just get the hell on with this, shall we?"

There was little argument. With six players, the two lizard men were dispatched almost immediately. With an odd grunting sound and a leap of sorts, the helmeted player burst into the room that held his Christmas present.

"You, Kevennerax, get in my bloody inventory!"

"What!?" The DemonSword cried in outrage. "How did you find my name!? You weren't meant to find it! There WASN'T ANY WAY TO FIND IT for THIRTY-ODD FLOORS!"

"Oh. Oops, heh, well, I just asked Santa."

"Agh! Curses! Chris Cringle, my old nemesis! Damn his jolly soul to the deepest pits of hell!"

"Yeah, I'll get on that. So, uh… your name's Kevennerax, huh?"

Kevennerax sighed. "Yes, that is my name, congratulations, you found it, bask in your fleeting success… you can take me, but you still can't wield me yet, so don't get cocky."

"Right. I'm going to call you Kevin."

"What? No. You shall call me either 'Vengeful Acts' or 'Unholy Lord and King of All Things Magnificently Unholy'."

"But Kevin's shooorrrtteeerrr..."

"Too bad, mortal! Now get your gloating over with!"

"Egh, screw it, you can't stop me. I'll be done in a minute, Kevin."

Kevin growled. "You are trying my patience."

"Ooh, I'm really scared of the demon trapped in an inanimate object. Who also happens to be named Kevin. Deal with it, you can't do balls."

Kevin made a humphing noise, but ultimately, he had to admit that the armoured figure was right. To be honest, he didn't really have any idea what an inability to 'do balls' could possibly entail, but in his predicament, he suspected that whatever it was, he couldn't do it. Turnip approached the sword, and shortly tapped the hilt to bring up the options. In doing so, the warrior took a slight sap to his hit points.

"Jeez." Turnip winced, "That really is a health drain, isn't it?"

"Yes, well, that's what happens when you get a sword you're severely under-leveled for." Kevin grumbled, still sour over his challenge being beaten so easily. "I'm still going to make you go through my quest and all. I'm not standing for this."

"I'm not sure you could even if you wanted to, with no feet and all."

"Agh, if I were in my true form, I'd-"

"You're not."

"I… Argh! Just be quiet! I suppose I can't stop you from wielding me as you please, you've at least proven your resourcefulness. And I suppose you could be worse. On the other hand, my quest is still available, should you be able to find it. There are certain other benefits it can provide."

"You've interested me." Turnip raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't get too interested just yet," The demon laughed. "you won't be doing it for a while to come. Still, I tire of conversation; let us slay some poor unwitting souls."

"Us? I can't wield you yet."

"Curses! Fine. I shall simply bask in the knowledge that things are dying in my vague vicinity."

"Yeah, you do that." Turnip told the sword, tapping the box once more to place Kevin safely into his inventory. After a quick check to see that the demon didn't sap his health by being in his inventory, the armoured figure bolted as fast as he could manage, out of the dungeon and into the plains. He just hoped that the people fighting the boss would make decent preparations – not just so that they'd be able to kill the thing efficiently, but so that they'd be delayed enough for him to arrive.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Zander-LV 12
Floor 2- Marome

As Zander relaxed in an inn at a small town called Marome, away from people that would disturb his peace, he received a message by a mysterious player.

"Hmm... I guess I should take the quest. I am a bit low on funds right now and I also need to upgrade my armor if I want to go to the next floor."

Zander never really enjoyed being by people but when he is in a party he usually stays in the back throwing his blades that he obtained at a shop. He decided that this was the best weapon of choice for a player who doesn't want to go into front lines.

He heads out to supply himself with potions and crystals for emergencies. As he exits the town he opens the message that was sent to him. As he looks closely at the mysterious message once more he noticed that the message was also sent to an additional 1000 players.

"Great! (he said in a sarcastic voice) the more the merrier. Well at least I won't need to head to the front lines. Also when I see the boss at low health I can quickly have the last hit and get the bosses items! Hahaha! Oh that would be great and plus all that extra gold and..." he continues to talk about all the possible ways when he kills the boss.

He heads through the monster infested forest to only have himself taking the trees as his only route to not get spotted not only by the monsters but also from other players. He didn't enjoy meeting new players but he would always put an act to show that he at least cares. As he got closer and closer to the boss door he noticed a player that was already there. Zander decided to stop and stay in the trees for awhile until more players came to the boss door.

Seven kyuun

Girl who wants a red scarf
Years
Eyes.png
Adrianna Ryuketsu || 姫さま
Lvl. 11 || Floor 2 - Urbus
Lucky Sweets

"YOU IDIOTIC NPC!!" The self-proclaimed lady spoke out loud, throwing a «Potion» onto the rocky groud with all the strength she could muster and watching it shatter into pixel pieces. For the past month or so, Adrianna had been going around to field to field, leveling up with ease until she had hit Lvl 10. From there, she had decided to settle down at a safe in and only go out to gather the necessary resources she needed and the extra hit of Col every once in a while. From there, she had, but slowly, gotten to Lvl 11. By this time, the boss had finally been found and Adrianna was able to simply get to Floor 2 with ease, as did the majority of the remaining players of this world, and the boss announcement in her inbox had forever been left untouched. Still, here she was in a floor the most horrible setting ever and was completely and utterly furious.

"How many times must I say if for you to pronounce my name right? It's Hime! Hi-me! 'Hi' as in He and 'Me' as in Mess!! That's not even the full name! It's Hime-sama! Got it?!" SAA-MAA!! She stopped to take a breath, somewhat calming down as she did so and maybe even enjoying the stares other players had pointed at her. "I expect you to get it right next time, got it? In return, lower the price." The person she was talking to was in fact not an NPC by all means. She was another player; one who had decided to reduce her life to selling goods, that is. Adrianna smartly flicked her hair, it's strands shimmered under the light. She had been in the mood for a sugar hit and this particular player was known for her bad marketing skills ...or basically being someone who doesn't know how to refuse.

"I...I'm sorry Hime-sama but I-"

"10 Col." She decided to not mention the fact that, once again, she had pronounced 'Hime' like Time for the sake of giving her some pity.

"10 Col?! B-but that's almost nothing! I...I won't do it again so-"

"You already have. I'm giving you mercy child so, give me the goods or else."

The girl quietly handed Adrianna the «Tremble Shortcake» and promptly left the scene, thoughts of getting a new «Potion» fresh in her mind. Adrianna, on the other hand, was now in complete bliss. She had just obtained what was rumored to be one of the very best sweets in all of Aincrad and, to top it off, she had gotten it at an unbelievably low price. Admiring the strawberry and the sheer size of the shortcake, she took a note to consume it later in moderate amounts.

"Ha ha! Maybe Urbus isn't so bad after all!" She gleefully put the item in her inventory and strolled down the street. Things like this were better kept to yourself and eaten alone. Besides, she could use a Luck buff later. Seeing people eyeing her from her previous rant, Adrianna began to quicken her step, her destination the village called Marome. However the screen which appeared before her stopped the lady in her tracks.

ONE MESSAGE RECEIVED
She frowned, taking note that it wasn't addressed to only her, and reluctantly opened the message.

Spoiler:

A boss fight? Images of the message somewhat similar to this one popped into her mind and the lady shook her head in disapproval, she almost scoffed even. Why should she, someone so refined and elegant, go do something others could simply do for her? It was preposterous! She clicked her tongue, feeling the stares of the people around her burn into her back. Was she that beautiful that people had to stare so much? No matter, Marome was where she wanted to be and Marome would be where she went.

---​
Adrianna sank into her bed, ready for the sweet that would come quite soon. Her rent for the room had just been paid and it wasn't bad for a lady like her. Actually, when alone, she could forget about all that acting like a lady biz and just relax... She flopped onto the pillows, sinking her face in the fluffiness and rolling about. Suddenly, she sat up and equipped herself into something more casual and began to look through her items when her hand unwillingly opened up the messages box once more to reveal the two boss messages, both old and recent. Taking another mental note to delete both of them later, she promptly closed her menu altogether and lay flat on her back, staring at the roof of her room.

... I really don't have many friends do I? The memory of the only two messages in her inbox crossed her mind, making her frown. I'm bored. I think I'll go training later. She sat back up, just remembering the rumor of the Bonus Item which came with Last Attack of a boss fight. Adrianna smiled, a silly plan forming in her head. Say... If I took the number of people there to my advantage, wouldn't I be able to get my hands on that Bonus Item? It'd be a chance to get my name known too! Not to mention I have a Luck buff on my side too! It'd be a quick way to level up too! "Good idea, get!!" The lady giggled, jumping up as she spoke her last thought out loud. It was brilliant. Nothing could get in her way. Adrianna grinned widely as she re-equipped herself and opened up her menu and pressed on the Map option. The red marker wasn't too far off and she was pumped up and ready.

"Boss room, here I come!"

ITEMS
1x «Tremble Shortcake»
1x «Teleport Crystal»
5x «Potion»

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years

Lacy
Player level 13
Floor 2: Cave

"It's no problem, m'lady. I don't know about the others," He gestured to the other gathered men. "But my life is yours...For this boss fight anyways. We are the most fearsome fighters this side of SAO!" Ragnarok smiled cheery. It was funny how some strangers would help her fight a boss just for some item she desperately wanted. It made her belief that there are still some good people in this game.

Lacy was so in thought that she didn't take attention to the conversations around her. All she saw when she was pulled back to reality is that Godot was being punched away. He laughed as he stood up which concerned Lacy a bit. Rikuto and Ragnarok ran into the beast as well. As Ragnarok was busy trying to free his sword the beast was getting ready to strike. "How long have I been in my own mind...?" Lacy whispered as she decided she had to do something.

Ragnarok was just on time to free his sword but the beast changed the direction of his sword and caused him to fly across the cavern. "Ragnarok!" Lacy shouted. She was really glad that he stood up but immediately faced the beast as it was running towards her this time. "U-Uhm...!" She quickly tried to think up something. "He changed the direction of his hammer when Ragnarok wanted to dodge it... Maybe he'll do it again but I'll try to make him attack from above me so I can... yes! That's perfect!" Lacy smiled before the beast tried to attack her side. Lacy held her sword in attempt to "dodge" it and the beast indeed changed the direction of his hammer as predicted. Instead the beast tried to attack her from above, also as predicted.

Lacy jumped behind as the beast tried to hit her with his hammer. He seemed rather surprised as Lacy jumped on his fist to run on his arm. He wasn't all that tall but so was Lacy. "Orchid uppercut!" she shouted as she held her sword beside her head. She stabbed him three times in his head before doing an uppercut.

She cheered as her little plan had worked but of course the beast was angry now. He grabbed her and smashed her against the floor before chasing the others.

-------

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 2

Clearing his mind seemed to work like a cure-all. Godot felt something of a rush as he laughed unconsciously, not minding his health level or even those being bashed attacked by the beast. But his mind was working fine, he was still Godot. It seemed as if his mind hit the fail-safe reset button and flushed all of his worries, thoughts, and preoccupations out. But he was aware of what was going on around him and it made him no less excited. He ignored Ryuusei Ryuusa's warning and decided to give it another go.

But it was upon this that Godot found error with his methods. He wasn't alone, but he was fighting as if the others weren't there. This thought occurred to him as he nearly stumbled upon a downed Lacy. "Tch..." He scoffed. It made things more difficult with other people there. ...Wait a minute...why am I here, anyway? Godot felt a twinge. Systems seemed to have been coming back online in the brain center. The Golden Tauros took this opportunity to attack Godot from the side. Godot reacted at the last minute, gripping his sword's blade and attempting to block the hammer, only to be swept from his feet and lifted a good distance, but he landed on his feet.

"Ugh...damn..." He looked up and sighed. "Running away from my problems like a seven year old." He looked around and scanned the conditions of the battlefield. Things didn't seem to be in his parties favor. He clicked his teeth and stabbed his sword into the ground. The problem wasn't that they didn't have the power to take it down, it was that they didn't have the chemistry. There was no team in their work. He scanned the field a second time and made first for Lacy, utilizing his Sprint skill to it's fullest.

Once he reached her, he took her by the hand and helped up. "Drink a potion." He didn't really have much time to talk, so he kept his advice brief. "We're offering you our lives, so don't hesitate to use us to our fullest." He made his way over to Rikuto next. This time, he had to cross pass the Tauros. This was partially to gain the beast's attention, but it was also because it was just faster. And indeed, he caught its eye. Just as he passed, the Tauros, rather then striking Godot, it strike the ground with great force, shaking the cave and throwing the Godot off of his rhythm, causing him to fall down. He picked himself up, pushing himself towards his target.

Godot found himself standing in front of a barricaded Ryuusa, and he stood with his back to the Tauros, knowing full well that it would probably strike. "Ryuu, I said that if you don't know how to handle the boss, you should leave. Either quite cowering behind the shield and man your sword or run and I'll provide myself as a better shield than that can prove to be. I don't know if it's because your mind is elsewhere or what, but you'll only get killed fighting like this." Godot turned around and faced the Tauros. "There's a much bigger enemy lurking in the midst than this small fry, so we can't have any casualties outside of the guy guarding the next floor." Godot looked back as the Tauros stepped forward. "And don't you sell armaments? Can't have SAO losing good retailers, it spoils things for everyone. Especially front-liners." The Tauros raised his hammer, seeking to crush both Godot and Ryuusa. But Godot stood firm, though he wasn't too excited about what was about to happen.

The Tauros brought down his hammer. Godot, fully ready, quickly equipped Santa's Cane and stood firm, raising it defensively. The hammer met the cane, and the force was immense. Godot's horse stance was brought to a near crouch the moment the cane hit, and he was just happy that he couldn't feel pain. He managed to prop the cane upright by twisting his body, promptly jumping out of the way and grabbing moving Ryuusa, while still returning the Cane to his inventory. The encounter wasn't without its loses, however; his health was low. He still hadn't recovered from the first full-on hit that he took, so he was relatively close to death. But he knew what he was doing, it was a part of the plan. Well, except for the first hit; he chalked that up to stupidity.

Finally was Taka, and he looked like he was down and out. The Tauros went for him next, seeing the unarmed Godot as less than an issue. Godot cursed, and he made for his sword. He didn't have time to heal himself. But he also had to wonder if he was doing anything. Were his words actually doing anything to make the fighters any more united than they were? If he was truly having no effect, then it would only end in failure. It was times like those that he wished Kagome was there, she was a great leader.

He reached his sword and pulled it out of the ground, taking no time to check his stamina. "«Mosquito's Kiss»!" Godot's sword shone a bright red. He leapt and yelled, "«Dive Flurry»!" His blade shone brighter, and he landed 6 out of the 7 hits, raising his HP a moderate amount. But the Tauros wouldn't have it. It looked behind it and saw the interloper. Godot only had a moment to block, and he took advantage of it...at a cost. The Tauros punched Godot's sword, which he was blocking with, and its durability dropped to zero. Mammon's Fang was no more, and Godot was left to fall to the ground with enough momentum to slide a good distance. It did keep the Golden Tauros away from Taka, but...a strange emptiness filled Godot. A sadness. He didn't really know how attached he was to the sword until he saw it turn into digital pixie dust and waft into the ether. He clenched his teeth, equipping his still yet-to-be-relured Meister's Soul and stood up.

He sighed, regretting his previous actions, and looked to the Tauros. He took out a potion and threw it in Taka's direction, hoping it would reach him. The more likely scenario? It would probably hit a wall, given the distance, but the Tauros' attention seemed to be away from the downed fighter, and that's all he really cared about. "You guys ready for an all-out assault?" He spoke loudly. "Because I'm tired of this Tauros' crap."

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Lone Tree Dungeon

Rikuto watched as the others fought against the Golden Tauros with little success. They repeatedly flung themselves at the creature only to get knocked around. The actions of the others allowed him time to stand up and prepare his shield properly, but then what? It was obvious that everyone was just acting on their own, himself included. Godot seemed to realize this as he began sprinting from player to player, offering words and potions.

He was the second to receive a little visit from Godot. "Ryuu, I said that if you don't know how to handle the boss, you should leave. Either quit cowering behind the shield and man your sword or run and I'll provide myself as a better shield than that can prove to be. I don't know if it's because your mind is elsewhere or what, but you'll only get killed fighting like this." Godot turned around and faced the Tauros. "There's a much bigger enemy lurking in the midst than this small fry, so we can't have any casualties outside of the guy guarding the next floor." Godot looked back as the Tauros stepped forward. "And don't you sell armaments? Can't have SAO losing good retailers, it spoils things for everyone. Especially front-liners." His words were a slight blow to the ego, but nothing entirely shocking or even unexpected.

"You say I'll get killed fighting like this, but I haven't lost that much health while you're almost half dead," replied Rikuto with a sigh. It wasn't in an offended or defensive tone, rather with a slight smile and an apologetic tone for what he would say next. "I get where you're coming from, but I can't leave here yet. And unlike you, I put my own life at the highest priority. This armor, shield, and boatload of potions aren't for nothing, you know." He knew that his words contradicted the very idea that he was even there, as most people with that idea were still hanging around the Town of Beginnings not fighting anything but he wasn't entirely wrong. The only reason he was still here was to deliver a message to Godot. Considering Godot's reckless nature, that now extended to making sure he got out of this battle alive.

The Tauros brought down its hammer like before as the two were talking. The discussion had distracted Rikuto from the battle, so he wasn't completely ready for the strike. Godot, on the other hand, had far superior reaction time. He equipped what looked like a candy cane, probably some special Christmas event weapon, and attempted to use it to block the attack. Rikuto was shocked when the small toy-like weapon held the attack, but that was only for a moment as Rikuto could see Godot's health depleting quickly. The man jumped out of the way after a moment, pulling Rikuto along with him.

As the beast and Godot both turned their attention away from Rikuto, he found himself thinking, So this is the power of the current high-leveled players, huh… He was entirely aware that his level was below par for one on floor two, but he didn't realize the difference was this big. Maybe he should just go ahead and leave after all. These people could probably handle something like this, especially Godot who had fought against the previous floor boss. At least, that was what Rikuto thought until Godot's primary weapon shattered into bright shards of digital light. Despite that, he simply pulled out another weapon and faced the Tauros once more. It called Princess' last words to mind once more.

Irrationality seemed to surround Rikuto wherever he went in this game. He noticed it seemed to be practically infecting him as he reflected on this whole event that started with Princess' death. His exaggerated reaction to the news, his sudden hero act to help Lacy, his words to Godot just now, and even the mere idea of a level 8 fighting a quest boss that was probably twice his level. He tried justifying each, but really those were all excuses. But why would he go to the trouble of making excuses for putting himself in harm's way of all things? This entire time he'd spared little expense in making sure he stayed alive to see his family again, but here he was now.

Don't give up...and keep fighting. That was exactly what Godot was doing right now. His weapon was gone, yet he continued fighting. Lacy came here to challenge this monster on her own. Taka wasn't fazed by the loss in offensive power that came from the departure of his companion at all. In Rikuto's eyes, they were all being incredibly stupid. But here he was, extremely underleveled and trying to absorb blows when his main goal was to keep himself alive. Right now, he was just as much of an idiot as the rest of them. Rikuto's mind raced to sort through the inconsistencies within him.

"You guys ready for an all-out assault?" Godot spoke loudly. "Because I'm tired of this Tauros' crap."

Just then, Rikuto spoke up. It seemed his mind had reached a conclusion. "I'm assuming you plan on attacking all at once. My spear won't even scratch this monster, but I have a plan to make an opening for you all to rush in. Don't worry about me, my armor and shield are the kind of quality you'd see on the highest level front-liners." He didn't know if there was any truth to that statement, but it had indeed been upgraded to the point of being able to hold back a much higher level tauros long enough for him to take it down with what was essentially a toothpick to the creature without losing too much health. He was sure he could block one hit and allow the group a single all-out attack. After that, he wouldn't risk staying in the fray. They'd have to do what they can with that.

The Golden Tauros was drawing closer, so he would have to speed his preamble up. He now faced Godot. "The reason I agreed to come here was so I could tell you something, but you don't seem to care much for your own life so I figured that I had to do what I could to make sure you got out alive so I could tell you. But I want you to understand why I'm doing this in the hopes that maybe you'll go along with it. Princess is dead, and in her final message to me she said, 'don't give up and keep fighting.' I've gotta honor that wish somehow."

"Wait for my signal! For this to work, you can't be near me until then!" Rikuto said to the group before starting his plan. He charged forward, calling, "Hey, ugly!" while banging his spear against his shield. This, along with being the first aggressor, managed to draw the boss' attention to him. The Tauros' hammer came speeding at him from the side. This time, Rikuto was completely focused on the battle and was ready. Before the hammer could hit his shield, he planted his spear firmly in the ground for support. This time, Rikuto was not lifted off the ground. and managed to successfully block the hit. "Not yet!" he called to his teammates, realizing that it would be able to attack again fairly quickly after a lighter hammer strike like that. He noticed his health bar drop slightly, but the amount was overall insignificant.

The Tauros didn't seem to like the idea of Rikuto blocking a hit and went for the move that broke his guard last time; the downward slam. Rikuto wouldn't be able to escape the shockwave that radiated from the strike by running. Fortunately, he was ready for it this time, just like the swing. This was the move he'd been hoping for. The moment he blocked that swing, Rikuto had lifted his spear which was now glowing white. 1...2...3… Rikuto began counting the seconds his sword art charged while the hammer got into position. As the Tauros revved its arm back for a more powerful strike, Rikuto got into his stance and raised his shield to take the hit, keeping his spear arm raised high. 4...5... He called back to the group. "Get ready…" The Tauros brought the hammer crashing down onto the young shopkeeper. 6! "Now!" shouted Rikuto as his spear hit the ground a moment before the hammer hit the shield with a huge clang. A small shockwave with a radius of six feet burst from Rikuto's spear carrying a force that attempted to counter the downward force of the Tauros.

Thunder Burst was by far Rikuto's favored sword art. It didn't do much damage, but it had the potential for immense force. He often used it in defensive manner to disrupt an enemy's strike with small bursts. The hammer's force was too great for Rikuto's burst to push it back completely, but when the hammer hit the shield it was blocked with relative ease. The only problem now was that he was stunned for six seconds.

Rikuto had taken note of the damage others had taken from the Tauros' various attacks and figured that with his level, gear, and Xenith's defense potion, he should be able to survive an unblocked punch without too much of a problem. The heavy downward strike would require the longest recovery time before the Tauros could strike with its massive hammer again, so a punch should be the only move it should be able to hit him with in the time Rikuto was open. Its only alternatives would be stepping on him while he had his shield up, giving him a much lighter swing that wouldn't carry very much power, or kicking him, which would be inferior to a punch anyway for it. Furthermore, if everyone attacked it at once while Rikuto had its attention, it should cause a brief moment of confusion in which the system was deciding its next target. At least ideally, since it was still a game.

"This is your chance! Take it!" Rikuto called out to the others. With disruption of the enemy AI and the current position of the heavy hammer, the others should have enough time to close in and deal some damage. From here, they would have to take over. He hoped Godot, who seemed to be the best leader present (Taka seemed to have substantially more muscle than brains and Lacy had the bright idea of coming here alone), would figure out how to best conduct the all out attack to take advantage of the opening Rikuto had created.

Back