• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
What is it? A new RE game? One of the old games? Compilation of old games?

A remake of the very first Resident Evil game on current and next-gen consoles. The game will be released "early 2015" on PS4, XB1, XB360, PS3 and PC.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh boy, another Assassin's Creed.

yay.

wooh.

Generally I'm not one for completely sarcastic comments, but this is getting ridiculous. I mean, annual releases are one thing, but dual-annual releases? That worries me. And it doesn't help that all (and I mean ALL) of Ubi's other franchises are turning into AssCreed. I mean, I do like the series to an extent, but this is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Oh boy, another Assassin's Creed.

yay.

wooh.

Generally I'm not one for completely sarcastic comments, but this is getting ridiculous. I mean, annual releases are one thing, but dual-annual releases? That worries me. And it doesn't help that all (and I mean ALL) of Ubi's other franchises are turning into AssCreed. I mean, I do like the series to an extent, but this is just ridiculous.

They already released one earlier this year?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Iirc Unity is for next-gen and Rogue is for current-gen. Non logical but oh well...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What do those terms even mean at this point? Is next-gen in this context the system after the PS4/Xbox One/Wii U?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A remake of the very first Resident Evil game on current and next-gen consoles. The game will be released "early 2015" on PS4, XB1, XB360, PS3 and PC.
Well, a remaster of the remake from the GCN. Not the original

More North American Assassin's Creed. And snow. Not interested

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well... by time yea, but using "next-gen" to refer to PS4/XBone/Wii U will stick stuck for a while imo =D
Maybe. It's really a matter of using a term correctly and using a term the way you want to, which really applies to pretty much any term or word, I suppose.

That said, Gen 8 started 2 years ago, so I would hope it wouldn't be a popular term for the systems, especially since the three are all available for purchase now.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Next-gen will continue to be used as terms for the Xbox One/PS4/Wii U until the "next" next-gen is beginning to be announced/hinted at. Current-gen is still Xbox 360/PS3/Wii because many more people still own those consoles than the new ones. Perhaps with more people adopting the newer generation, the less next-gen will be used to describe them.

Current-gen Xbox 360/PS3/Wii had the benefit of being one of the biggest waves in gaming history. Once most gamers have converted to the newer systems, we will be talking about the "next-gen" after the Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Speaking of which, what do you guys generally think of this current gen?

The Xbox One/PS4/Wii U Gen, I mean. Like, take the Wii U; I've heard complaints that it's not going in the right direction because it's been focusing on 3rd party games, but, I dunno, is that really a bad thing? Doesn't it expand a player's 'world', per-se, and encourages them to try something new?

Like the new game, Splatoon. Most People I've met don't enjoy shooters, so they were quick to knock off this game, but, honestly, it looks kind of solid, and fun, imo! I'd definitely will try it when the time comes!

Uhm, but back on point, there's also the issue of connectivity with other players.. one complaint I've heard is that this gen isn't solely focused on 'interacting' with other people, more so than just playing alone, but, I think that's something that the developers are gearing towards in the future anyway?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Splatoon is a shooter for people that don't like shooters. A lot of people aren't nuanced enough in their game likes to know that they just don't like games where you shoot, and instead dislike shooters as a genre - gritty, different weapons, realistic, all about death. This isn't any of those things.

People complaining about too much solo time crack me up because people were complaining about too much online before. People just want developers to spend thousands of hours making engrossing single-player games and then thousands more hours making engrossing multiplayer and what do you mean the game costs twice as much???

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
In terms of consoles, it's okay so far, but it's moving at a snail's pace. I mean, there are a lot of games coming out this year that I want, but the only current gen games I want aren't even on consoles. Most of them are on Handhelds and, if not there, they're on Gen 7 (strangely) or PC. Literally, every single one.

Well, the Wii U, which is very slowly building its library, does actually have me in terms of the consoles only because it's the only one so far that has non-PC games that I want (because games that are on PC- and more, games that are on Steam- give me little to no incentive to get them on consoles, despite having an Xbone). For that, there are actually games that I want that are exclusive to it: X, the Bayonetta games, and Smash Bros. Pretty much why I got the Wii U, it's bound to have games no other platform will.

Once this generation really gets going, which I'll leave to 2015, I imagine there will be larger libraries. And by that point we'll be able to point out the game with the lowest number of exclusives and lack of Eastern support, both of which were the 360 last gen. That's not really relevant to anything, but if such a console exists where that is so obviously apparent at a glance, like the 360 was, that'll be disappointing (since, in pre-gen 7 generations, neither were so obvious; in Gen 6, technically that describes the Xbox, but it was the new kid on the block, so it was expected).

As for connectivity...is that really an issue to people? Three of this year's biggest games are Smash Bros, Titanfall, and Destiny. And then there's Splatoon.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I didn't enjoy Titanfall, especially since it was extremely laggy and I couldn't play it without being online.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Watch Dogs was pretty big too imo. At least, that's what the sales say. 4 millions of copies in a week is kinda impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back