• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Possibly a Regal type? More fierce and bulk strength, but not like body muscle type of thing. Some thing like the kind of fierce beasts we see around the world.

It'd be intertwined with Normal and Fighting, since Normal is down and Fighting is too good a type.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
A regal type? That seems like it would be far out of left field. I mean, it would be interesting, but it seems like it would only pertain to certain exclusive Pokemon.

There was a lot of talk about a cosmic type, although I entirely doubted it.

Which brings up something else about Fairy-types. What kind of Pokemon will we see as Fairy-types, but more importantly, will it be too narrow? Game Freak will have to be very creative to come up with some different Pokemon, although tbh it seems like they're already showing the different variation by changing the types of Gardevoir, Jigglypuff, Marill, etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im not really understanding why people seem to hate the idea of a Fairy type so much. Ive even seen people saying they think it's the worst thing ever to happen to Pokemon. I honestly dont see the problem with Fairy type. We have a Dragon type and a Ghost type, those are mythical creatures too and are included as types in Pokemon.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Echoing what someone said earlier, but:

"Fairy = feminine; feminie = weak = bad"

Or something of that nature. I definitely don't believe that, but there are going to be those fools who do.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
The way people think about fairies nowadays are like how they think of mermaids nowadays. Stories have been censored and we only get the my-little-pony version of mythology. Mermaids used to be sirens of the oceans.. there to lure and kill.. not to sit on rocks and look pretty.
I'm sure pokemon will do something badass with fairy types. No one had an issue with this new eevee evo, but as soon as it gets labelled fairy, people are gonna be all up in arms. To that I guess just say.. deal with it. That's all you really can do: Don't like it? Don't buy it. ;3

Years
I don't get how Furabebe can be fairy without being a grass type though. It's sitting on a flower.

I think fairy more or less = magic/spirit - which is funny, because dragons are supposed to resist magic, at least in some lores.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
We're still on this?

I don't get how Furabebe can be fairy without being a grass type though. It's sitting on a flower.

I think fairy more or less = magic/spirit - which is funny, because dragons are supposed to resist magic, at least in some lores.

Maybe because it's on a flower, and besides that there's nothing else to make it grass type? To be honest, I don't see why it couldn't be a grass type, either.

I could've sworn it was the opposite, that dragons were weak to magic in most lores.

The way people think about fairies nowadays are like how they think of mermaids nowadays. Stories have been censored and we only get the my-little-pony version of mythology. Mermaids used to be sirens of the oceans.. there to lure and kill.. not to sit on rocks and look pretty.
I'm sure pokemon will do something badass with fairy types. No one had an issue with this new eevee evo, but as soon as it gets labelled fairy, people are gonna be all up in arms. To that I guess just say.. deal with it. That's all you really can do: Don't like it? Don't buy it. ;3

My thoughts exactly.

Since we're on the topic of X and Y, that PSS- something they unveiled today (or was it yesterday) has piqued my interest.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Kura, it already is a confirmed Fairy-type. x:
I don't spend time in the X/Y forum, though. So I don't know if people have begun hating it yet.

After reading more posts here (specifically Kura's), I'm actually interested to see how fairy-types will turn out. Though the only ones that are confirmed to be the new type are similar to what you would expect. Well, maybe not Mawile. The mouth coming out if its head makes it seem a little more fierce haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hello guys, been a while, eh?

And for the fairy type, I wasn't really happy of knowing that a new type would be introduced :(

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Light type would have made more sense to me but I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. Also dragons finally get some nerfing lol.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Maybe because Light-type isn't that strange? It's been speculated for so long GF might have just wanted to throw a curveball.

Dragons totally needed a new weakness. I mean, really? Just Ice and Dragon? ;_;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
they can come up with a weird egg group
Fairy is a new type now, not just an egg group. That's what we're discussing.

Indeed it has, Jz. Welcome back.

I'm interested to see how different battling will become because of the new type. I lurk on the showdown server, so I figure it'll take a while before I get used to new advantages/disadvantages. x:

I don't really understand Light type. Am I wrong, or does it seem like it would be a hard to work with, for designing Pokemon?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yep, now we gotta get used to the new advantage/disadvantage that the fairy type will bring, ugh -.-

And I don't think a Light type was really needed anyways, Fighting type is like the light type.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I know they did it for the kids, but "eggs"? I mean come on...

I have to say that in the game, when you breed like a Fairy egg group type and put another Pokemon of the same egg group but different spices, they breed and you get a egg.

The wonders of Pokemon ae?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
What? That doesn't really seem to have to do with anything :p They just added a new type that happens to be an egg group as well. They don't have anything to do with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back