• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

AaronOnPokemon

"So the story continues!"
Years
I just yesterday got a GBA SP and I was wondering if anyone ese had one or still play there game for the SP.

I have Ruby and I am really liking it, I have a level 42 Gyarados that knows splash ^-^ Do you know how awesome that is! :cheeky:

blue

gucci
Years
Yup, I love R/S/E and everything about it, the Hoenn Region, the Evil Teams, Storyline ect.
(I mainly play Emerald now, but I play Sapphire now and then, I lost my Ruby years ago)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gyarados with Splash doesn't...really sound that awesome. But yeah, I've played through those games more than any other. I know them like the back of my hand. Item and TM locations, NPC dialog, trainer's Pokemon...I'm that bad. I like Emerald more though. More trainers to fight. >:)

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
Years
when it comes to playing the advance generation, I usually end up playing my copy of Emerald over my copy of sapphire...in fact if I recall correctly I lent my copy of Sapphire to my roomate.

a LV 42 Gryarados that knows spash, I assume you trained up a Magikarp then, eh?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Yeah, I still play. Well, Emerald at least! If you notice my current location, I'm stuck in Generation III (have been for a long time now) because I don't have a DS Lite yet. And now, Generation V is dawning upon us! :D I'm glad that new games are coming out, but I'd least like to own a Lucario or Giratina before Gen IV ends! :) Working on obtaining Platinum and HeartGold in the near future, and beginning migration via Pal Park sometime later (which will probably be a long time as I have to adequately explore both games first).

But Emerald has some awesome stuff. Vicious starters (Blaziken FTW, my trusty starter and first one ever!), Gym Leader rematches, May, integration of both Team Magma and Team Aqua into the plot, cool cutscenes, Rayquaza, Trainer Hill, the Battle Frontier... I've lost 2 Sapphire carts before, so changing over to Emerald was a bit of a consolation... In my case, the Battle Frontier is at times engaging and other times boring. When you keep on losing right before hitting the 50-win streak, it puts a large damper on the game... Maybe it's my Pokemon...

But yeah, Generation III is the Gen that reeled me back into the Pokemon universe (perhaps permanently! :D) Moreover, it's the gen I'm more knowledgeable about (enough so I can traverse Granite Cave without the Flash HM on one of my party Pokemon).

Funny thing is, it was the Secret Base feature that caught my eye when I first glimpsed someone playing Sapphire.. :) In any case, Hoenn is awesome!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Moreover, it's the gen I'm more knowledgeable about (enough so I can traverse Granite Cave without the Flash HM on one of my party Pokemon).

Same here. XD I literally just went through Granite Cave this morning and I still remember where the Pokeball is and that there's a hidden Everstone when you press A by a rock. I've never bothered using Flash in there except when I came back to get a Nosepass once.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Yup, still playing Sapphire. Not much, though, since I have nothing to trade with and trading is fun XD

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Haaa, you sound so proud of your Gyrados. ;D

And yeah, I absolutely love Hoenn and its game. Hoenn has some pretty beastly music, secret bases, cute Pokemon...I restarted my Emerald a little while ago and I still play it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
The thing about Ruby and Sapphire is it's harder to play nowadays because of the memories, I can easily play my Leaf Green cartridge because I never played it when I was younger. But Sapphire was my first owned Pokemon Game, and I still have the original cartridge I got in '03! It was fun back then, It still is, but I can never find myself to play it now.

nm legend

Years
yea i just started playin ruby.... i like it becuz of the new region .... but it looks like most of the pokemon suck like my electrike who wont learn another electric move besides thunder wave but i like my blue, black, and kips (swellow, mightyena,and marshtomp)

Last edited:

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
Years
I really play R/S/E but i have DSi,RUBY.SHAPPIRE was the best game to me on the GBA,i am hopeing to get one,and hopefully my brother let me play on his Nds lite.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
I'm very, very, very slowly working through Ruby. I got frustrated from getting stomped on by Norman over and over that I put it down a few days ago and haven't picked it up. I'd like to finish it sometime soon, I just need to be in the right mood to do so.

dooxer

42 or not 42
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
gotta say that since i have no DS lite charger, R/S/E are the only games i find worth playing lol... over and over and over... xD

Back