• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

pjofan

Orre Colosseum Leader
Years
  • I own all three Hoenn games! It took me a long time to beat Ruby, as it was one of my first Pokemon games. I just recently deleted my Sapphire file after migrating all of the Pokemon to Diamond and Pearl. I'm just beat the fifth gym!

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • The best thing Pokemon can do now is remake Hoen.
    The storyline, Pokemon, evil teams, and memories were better then any of the other games for me.

Spiron

High life.
    Years
  • Haven't played anything but HeartGold as of late, but I'm going to play through Platinum and Emerald from now on. Once I have both of those played out, I think it'll be time to give HeartGold a second run through.

To be honest, I thought ruby was pretty awesome when I first played it, but that was when it came out... I'm going to play through Emerald this time, hopefully it's as good as I remember it being. ^_^

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    After finally beating Red on my HG version I decided since I hadn't been to Hoenn in awhile I may as well revisit it, so yes I just restarted my game an hour ago on Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    I possess Ruby and Emerald cartridges. I've beaten the game and then some on both, and slowly attempting to trade *everything* to one cartridge, probably Ruby. I borrowed each from a friend >.>

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    I play Emerald and Ruby gonna play Saphire soon! And by the way all of them are awesome, whoever doesn´t have them should try it!

Last edited:

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Im playing sapphire to get shiny: kyogre, rayquaza, and all three regis xD Oh and beldum.

It is a game you dont really get bored of imo.
    I want them to remake aswell. BUT PLEASE DONT ADD SINNOH POKEMON </333

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I play it sometimes, but usually only on emulators on my Droid and iPod.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • I don't bother with R/S as much, as Emerald is the better option of the three. However, I have and still do play through my sapphire game just for the legendary & starters.

I'm pretty sure in the future people will look down upon D/P and rather go for Platinum, as the pattern continues.

Two Games to start off with - Remake of game. (I bet you in 2013, remakes of R/S will be out), and then a Master version of the two games in one game.

This is just how it flows, and I can see the games flowing in this pattern!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I don't know where I put Sapphire. Though recently, I downloaded Pokemon Ruby and started playing again. Pokemon Emerald is the best though.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    This post makes me want to play emerald,,, I havent played one of these three in years, it would almost be like a new adventure!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I used to play Emerald in April a lot. :0 I started a new with the hopes of training a decent contest Pokémon and a team that could take on the Battle Frontier (never won something :<). I was so disappointed when I found out there were no Pokéblocks nor Contest Halls, but Battle Tents.
    Yes, it had been THAT long since I played Emerald... >_>
    Hoenn is much fun though. : D

Back