• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

`MorningSun

Blahblahblah...
Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I really hope that they remake R/S, I'd just love to play through Hoenn again.

Yeah I would love to play through Hoenn again with better graphics :P. Anyways I play Emerald if that counts. Decided to do Battle Frontier Battle Factory (Love battle swap :P) maybe finish battle frontier now that I know how to actually play.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I actually just started a new game on Ruby. I haven't really played a Generation III game since getting a DS 5 or 6 months ago, apart from sending Pokémon over to Pal Park. Although, to be fair, I'm mainly only doing it now to get Pokémon to send over to my DS games. It'll still be fun though! I'm going to see how fast I can get through it while still having fun.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • I play Emerald all the time as it is my favourite Pokemon game but I've never played Ruby and Saphire. What's the point if Emerald's better?

mystic_flygon

HG/SS Avid Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Yea, many people still play Ruby/Sapphire. I play it 'cuz, you know Pal Park? You can get Pokemon from 3rd Gen and transfer it to your DS pokemon games...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't have any of the RSE games anymore. I want to get Ruby and Emerald again but the prices online for them are insane....I'll probably scoot on over to GameStop in the next few weeks to buy one.

I play Emerald all the time as it is my favourite Pokemon game but I've never played Ruby and Saphire. What's the point if Emerald's better?

early childhood memories? :D

Last edited:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Once in a while I play them, but they were my least favorite out of the Pokemon GameBoy series so I don't really play them as often.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Of all the games in the Pokemon series, Ruby and Sapphire were my least favorite. I just didn't like the feel of them, and I thought they were a letdown compared to how awesome Gold and Silver were. Also, I thought they were kind of overloaded with legendaries (I had the same problem with DP).

Emerald, however, was a great improvement. :D

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Hah ! Are you kidding me ?
    I have a Ruby from a friend and Sapphire was my 1st Pokemon game. The only Hoenn game which I don't own is Emerald !
    I'm still playing Gen III, if that's the question. I love Hoenn to death and I also love its Pokemon !

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I recently whipped out my old Sapphire, dusted off my charger, Flashed out my Gameboy, and put Sapphire in, I remembered how fun it was to sit on the Picnic table for four hours with all my pals at Summer Camp, and we all had a special Pokemon, my old friend, he had a Shiny Crobat. So right now I am doing a Duo Challenge, but right now I am not looking at it as a challenge, but more of another Adventure, looking back at old memories, and it's so far, very fun. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Well, I'm playing Pokémon Emerald right now... But only because of a challenge I accepted on these forums. :P
    I do think that the R/S/E games are the finest in the series, though! If you don't count the Diamond and Pearl that is, I haven't played those yet...

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I still play my Sapphire from time to time.

I think it was my most played/most favorite of the games, as far as story line and starters go.

The Red Chain

Well not recently... but I have thought about restarting my Emerald or Sapphire and giving the third generation another try.
    I really don't like it as of right now, but there has to be something about it that I will like.
    Besides, I don't remember much about the games anymore.. so it will be fun to try again.
    :pink_smile:​

Back