• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Have you tried changing the settings on your mobile emulator?
That might also help...
Also... have you played something else on it before?

I play all my rom hacks on my phone lol, I have light platinum but I got it from 2shared so it was already patched but it's not the latest. I did download the latest version on my comp. I changed the save to 128k so it would work on my comp so I thought if I put it on my phone it would too but it just shows the white screen again, it's easier to play on my phone since I'm barely home to get on my computer

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I play all my rom hacks on my phone lol, I have light platinum but I got it from 2shared so it was already patched but it's not the latest. I did download the latest version on my comp. I changed the save to 128k so it would work on my comp so I thought if I put it on my phone it would too but it just shows the white screen again, it's easier to play on my phone since I'm barely home to get on my computer

Some mobile emulators do not support 128kb save save states. On Android, the best is My Boy, which has a setting for 128kb saves. On iOS, I'm not so sure. I know the upcoming GBA4iOS will have them (the old one doesn't, if I remember right), but I don't know about GPSphone or GBA.emu.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Some mobile emulators do not support 128kb save save states. On Android, the best is My Boy, which has a setting for 128kb saves. On iOS, I'm not so sure. I know the upcoming GBA4iOS will have them (the old one doesn't, if I remember right), but I don't know about GPSphone or GBA.emu.

I guess I'll just have to wait lol, I just replay the old one. Gbaios 2.0 needs to hurry up lol

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
Alright so forgive the n00b question but I need to ask this now.

Never beaten a Pokemon game completely. Well, completely as in terms of the main stuff. I always just gt bored and wander off by then. Also something weighed on my mind. I spent hours upon hours building up my Pokemon but no matter how good they are, aren't they obsolete after a time? Like right now my team is Smoochum, Tentacruel, Growlithe and Electabuzz. Oh and Scizor but he's a dick and won't listen to me because I traded for him. So **** that guy.

But anyway, everyone but Scizor is at least 31. And now I just got a Larvitar. It's only level 10. BUT it grows into Tyranitar right? And everyone I've heard raves about how badass they are and seem to have them in their later, badass teams. So should I just stop bothering with my main team and focus my energy on him? Nobody ever talks about Tentacruel so is it gonna be ass later and I shouldn't bother?

I guess what is bothering me is the feeling that a lot of my work is pointless; just killing time until I can get the actually good Pokemon.

The Admiiral

My love= Para-hax
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Tentracruel has very nice sp.defense. He is very useful, especially since he can cover moves like Surf.

Tyranitar is 4x weak to fighting, but he can do massive damage with his huge attack power. It takes forever to evolve him, but he could be useful.

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Alright so forgive the n00b question but I need to ask this now.

Never beaten a Pokemon game completely. Well, completely as in terms of the main stuff. I always just gt bored and wander off by then. Also something weighed on my mind. I spent hours upon hours building up my Pokemon but no matter how good they are, aren't they obsolete after a time? Like right now my team is Smoochum, Tentacruel, Growlithe and Electabuzz. Oh and Scizor but he's a dick and won't listen to me because I traded for him. So **** that guy.

But anyway, everyone but Scizor is at least 31. And now I just got a Larvitar. It's only level 10. BUT it grows into Tyranitar right? And everyone I've heard raves about how badass they are and seem to have them in their later, badass teams. So should I just stop bothering with my main team and focus my energy on him? Nobody ever talks about Tentacruel so is it gonna be ass later and I shouldn't bother?

I guess what is bothering me is the feeling that a lot of my work is pointless; just killing time until I can get the actually good Pokemon.

Your line-up is pretty great. Never been a fan of tyranitar, but you can acquire deino in the game which is much more worthy to raise. Besides it can also learn fly, provided you can't pick a good flyer.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
When i get to the part where there going to capture arceus it stops and the game hangs and i am stuck

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
i need help i finished LP before in my psp with no problems at all.now iam playing again in my android but in route 510 i cant use dig i tried from all places standing right or left up down nothing is working.one more thing if i go back rival i beaten is still thaere and in flame city aron r also back.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i need help i finished LP before in my psp with no problems at all.now iam playing again in my android but in route 510 i cant use dig i tried from all places standing right or left up down nothing is working.one more thing if i go back rival i beaten is still thaere and in flame city aron r also back.
You are supposed to click on the hole.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
Guys... I've encountered a major problem. I'm at the Mt. Zhery part of the game, and when I get to the spot where there is supposed to be an altercation between Steven and the Team Steam leader (where you receive Surf and he goes back to the gym) they are not there! It's the part w/ the Steelix and.. something else. If that clears up the picture a little bit. The guys aren't there when I get to that spot! I simply walk right past where they are supposed to be blocking, and get to the top of Mt. Zhery where the little lake is.. Please help! I can't get any further in the game because of it...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
I need help, please. I changed from LP to LP+ and I got some problem: (already beat Zhery's E4)
-My Rotom changed to Shaymin
-Archeops changed to Deoxys
-Rhyhorn changed to Kyurem B
-and i couldn't find the Move tuter, I talk to everyone in the market in Drakebreath City.
p/s: sorry for my bad English

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
I need help, please. I changed from LP to LP+ and I got some problem: (already beat Zhery's E4)
-My Rotom changed to Shaymin
-Archeops changed to Deoxys
-Rhyhorn changed to Kyurem B
-and i couldn't find the Move tuter, I talk to everyone in the market in Drakebreath City.
p/s: sorry for my bad English

I believe there are some pokemon changes in lp+. There are no move tutor in the game, I've also checked the market and couldn't find him. I hope the creator of the lp+ patch could elaborate the changes he made to clarify some questions.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
Originally posted by Jo Healy
Dardusk City go in the tower, I believe there are some Meditite!

Thanks for answering me . :) I didn't see any, but maybe they are rare?

Now I have another issue lol. So, I'm stuck unable to get into SKY TOWER even after I saw the gym leader leave to go after Team Steam and followed her. The police officer is still there and I don't know what to do. Is it some kind of glitch? I'm sure I did everything right up until now so that's all I can think of it being...

Back