• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Scizz said:
Here is a sample script, that checks if you have the BLUE FLUTE in your bag, and depending on it, will display a different text.
If you want it to do something different, just change it to your likings.
Code:
#autobank on

#org 0x800000
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
#raw 47
#raw 27 'item \ blue
#raw 0  'item / flute
#raw 1  'quantity \ 
#raw 0  'quantity / one
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800300
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= Now let's see if you have\nthat Item...

#org 0x800300
= Yup, you have the Item.

#org 0x800400
= Nope, you don't have the Item.

1) Advance-Map and Elite-Map have basicly the same features. (EliteMap might use a different program for some of them, though.)
However, there are some differences, like Advance-Map allowing you to add new Maps, and allowing you to create new wild Pokémon data, while EliteMap allows you to edit the size and position of the Map on the World-Map.
Just use the program you feel most comfortable with. (Or switch editors if you want to use a certain feature, however, that might cause a corruption of the ROM.)

2) Both Map Editors support Pokémon Emerald, however, you will have to add the Emerald settings to EliteMap's "Pokeroms.ini" file in order for it to work.
Those offsets have been posted in the Documents forum.

Sorry for so many questions, but how would I ocmbine both scripts, oh, and thank you a whole bunch.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
Sorry for so many questions, but how would I ocmbine both scripts, oh, and thank you a whole bunch.
To combine both Scripts, just take the parts you need from one, and insert them in the appropriate place of the other one.
For example, the Battle/Hiding part of the first one, would be included after the Item-check of the current one.
Code:
#autobank on

#org 0x800000
#raw 47
#raw 27 'item \ blue
#raw 0  'item / flute
#raw 1  'quantity \ 
#raw 0  'quantity / one
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0
#raw 53
#raw 0[Event's Index number]
#raw 00
end

#org 0x800200
= It's a sleeping Pokemon, err, not anymore!
end

#org 0x800100
= It's a sleeping Pokemon.
All you have to do is to replace "[Event's Index number]" with the number of your Snorlax Event on the Map.

dakelland said:
how can i start to hack can some one help me
Read the stickied FAQ thread in this forum, thank you.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Im having a probelm I made this script to give a bulbasaur and compiled it but when ever I load up the rom in vba all I get is a white screen.
#org 0x71c44d
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x3
setflag 0x5D2
givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00
end

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
Im having a probelm I made this script to give a bulbasaur and compiled it but when ever I load up the rom in vba all I get is a white screen.
#org 0x71c44d
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x3
setflag 0x5D2
end
Your problem is the wrong usage of the IF-command.
When using an IF-command, you have to specify an offset to go to, if the value you are comparing is either true or false.
Also, you have to agree on one flag to use. Since you used 1EF in the first place, we'll continue using that one.
Code:
#org 0x71c44d
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x71c45d
end

#org 0x71c45d
setflag 0x1EF
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

Last edited:
Years
[tool request] world map creator

hi all,

i'm making a pokehack and now i need to edit the world map:\

now i'm asking does some1 have a program to create easy a map?

if there is no prog to make a map then can u give some tips to create a map.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
borgoth said:
hi all,

i'm making a pokehack and now i need to edit the world map:\

now i'm asking does some1 have a program to create easy a map?

if there is no prog to make a map then can u give some tips to create a map.
You can edit the World-Map of Pokémon Advance games, using a tool made by Mewthree9000, named Cyclone.

Tutorials how to use it can be found here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60373
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257

Though they are made for Titlescreen editing, World-Map editing works the same way.
Also using the search function will help.

Alternatively, you can use a Hex-Editor and unLZ-GBA to edit it.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Scizz said:
Your problem is the wrong usage of the IF-command.
When using an IF-command, you have to specify an offset to go to, if the value you are comparing is either true or false.
Also, you have to agree on one flag to use. Since you used 1EF in the first place, we'll continue using that one.
Code:
#org 0x71c44d
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x71c45d
end

#org 0x71c45d
setflag 0x1EF
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

I tired this code but when I talk to a person nothing happens do I have to add a message into this script something like Heres a bulbasaur.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
I tired this code but when I talk to a person nothing happens do I have to add a message into this script something like Heres a bulbasaur.
I just compiled the Script, and it's working fine.
Try re-compiling it. In some cases, you might have to use different offsets or Flags.
Message boxes are not required, but if you want, you can add them.

Last edited:

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Would this script work so that the text appears before you recive the bulbasaur?
#org 0x71c5cc
message 0x71c5ce
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x71c5ce
=Hey I found this bulbasaur its quiet
young you should train it

#org 0x71d526
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x71c45d
end

#org 0x71c45d
setflag 0x1EF
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
Would this script work so that the text appears before you recive the bulbasaur?
No, it wouldn't, because you have no reference to the text script in the Pokémon giving part of the script.
Simply add the message box part before you receive the Pokémon, the givepokemon command.
Code:
#org 0x71d526
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x71c45d
end

#org 0x71c45d
setflag 0x1EF
msgbox 0x71c5ce
boxset 0x6
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x71c5ce
=Hey I found this bulbasaur\nits quiet young you\nshould train it

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
changing the starter

im having trouble with changing the starters in ruby, i have imported munchlax into my game over the green question mark after celebi. what i need to no is the code to replace treeko into munchlax, thanks

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
raddx said:
im having trouble with changing the starters in ruby, i have imported munchlax into my game over the green question mark after celebi. what i need to no is the code to replace treeko into munchlax, thanks
The Hex value for the Pokémon Slot after Celebi is FC00.
Simply replace the Pokémon Value of one of the old starters with this, and you will have your new Pokémon selectable when you open the Bag.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Scizz said:
No, it wouldn't, because you have no reference to the text script in the Pokémon giving part of the script.
Simply add the message box part before you receive the Pokémon, the givepokemon command.
Code:
#org 0x71d526
checkflag 0x1EF
if 0 0x71c45d
end

#org 0x71c45d
setflag 0x1EF
msgbox 0x71c5ce
boxset 0x6
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x71c5ce
=Hey I found this bulbasaur\nits quiet young you\nshould train it

I tried this script and when I talk to the guy all that comes up is a text box with nothing in it.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
I tried this script and when I talk to the guy all that comes up is a text box with nothing in it.
That is because you didn not follow the correct structure when creating a text.
Code:
#org 0x71c5ce
=Hey I found this bulbasaur\nits quiet young you\pshould train it
As you see, the important space between the "=" and the beginning of the text is missing, thus, the compiler is ignoring the command, because it is not recognized.
Just add a space between "=" and "Hey", and it should work.
Also, always doublecheck your script before you post it here, and work together with the Command-Reference (commands.html) of EliteMap, to ensure the correct usage and structure of commands.

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
Now it goes up to Hey I found this bulbasaur its quiet young you and dosent say the rest.
Then you have another error in your text command. As I said, read the Command reference!
You can not use normal line-breaks (aka Enter key) when creating texts.
You have to use the line-breaking command that ScriptED offers. (\n for a new line, \p for a new "page", \l for an alternate new line.)

So a text like:
Code:
Hello, this is
my first ROM-Hack
and I hope it works.

Peace out.
becomes:
Code:
Hello, this is\nmyfirst ROM-Hack\land I hope it works.\pPeace out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
How can I get Mew to obey?

When I set the starters using A-Starter, (Mew, Celebi, And Jirachi), Mew doesn't seem to obey ANYTIME. How can I get Mew to listen? (This is a hack of emerald)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Chimp said:
When I set the starters using A-Starter, (Mew, Celebi, And Jirachi), Mew doesn't seem to obey ANYTIME. How can I get Mew to listen? (This is a hack of emerald)
The reason Mew (or other Legendarys) won't obey, is because you obtained them "not legally", by an event, but by altering the game, either with a Cheat code to catch it, or by using an editor like A-Starter.
Because of that, a specific bit in the Pokémon's data (the "obey bit" in this case) is missing.
That bit is only set if you obtain it via the regular event, not by "forcing it" to appear.
A way to set specifically that bit is not known.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Darn, I was really hoping to have Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi as the starters.. Well, since that's answered, (Thanks), Does anyone know of a Pokemon Amplifier-Like thing that works for emerald? All the one's I've seen only work for R/S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back