• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
Ok, this is what I h ave so far.

Code:
#org 0xGB3D70 message 0xGB3D780
boxset 0x4end #org 0xGB3D78
= Its a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D

I want to add flags so that the event only happens once and afther the event the spirt is removed.

If your wondering, I want to creat a snoral event, the snoralx is blocking a path, you battle it and then the path is open...

Plus, How do i get the script offset to plop into Advance Map?
Your Script above is as broken as it can be. You should use this one instead:
Code:
#autobank on
#org 0x800100
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x800150
end

#org 0x800150
cry 0xA1 0x8F
#raw 01
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0
#raw 53
#raw 0[Event's Index number]
#raw 00
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x800200
= It's a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
Replace [Event's Index number] with the Event-Number Advance-Map tells you for that specific Event.

To "get the Script offset to plop into Advance-Map", just copy the offset of where you inserted the Script (800100 in this case, and type it in the Event's "Script offset" box, keeping the leading $-symbol. ($800100))

Blazichu said:
Is there a way to change a Pokemon's Cry in G/S without using hex?
There is no way of changing Pokémon crys in G/S without a Hex-Editor, yet.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Supergamecube14 said:
My question is: What is the location of the S.S. Tidal maps in Advance Map? Thanks!
You can find the S.S. Tidal maps if you expand Map Bank 25 in the "By Header" view in Advance-Map.
The Maps 25.41, 25.42 and 25.43 (at the bottom of the list) belong to the S.S. Tidal.

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
Scizz said:
You can find the S.S. Tidal maps if you expand Map Bank 25 in the "By Header" view in Advance-Map.
The Maps 25.41, 25.42 and 25.43 (at the bottom of the list) belong to the S.S. Tidal.

Thanks, Scizz. You're a lifesaver! BTW, I hope to get this project I'm working on redone a little more so that you can see it. Anyway, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2006
ROM Hacking on Mac OS X?

I'm looking into starting ROM Hacking, and I'm wondering if there is any software for Mac OS X that lets to start?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
jchapman said:
I'm looking into starting ROM Hacking, and I'm wondering if there is any software for Mac OS X that lets to start?
You won't have any luck finding tools that are associated to ROM-Hacking for Mac OS X, besides Hex-Editors, Emulators and Patch creators. (see www.zophar.net for available tools.)
The best way would be to either, switch to a Windows system while ROM-Hacking, or to install a Virtual PC program, that can emulate a Windows machine on your Mac, and makes the current tools useable for you.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Scizz said:
That is possible by placing simple Trigger (Script/Trap) Events at the entrance of a Map. (Or any other position.)
Create or move an existing Trigger Event to the place where you want to use it.

Ok. I've tried that and no score. Can somebody testy this. The map replaces the right hand map (Mays room) so you have to play as brendan.
I'll be making a different script for brendans room.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Irish Witch said:
Ok. I've tried that and no score. Can somebody testy this. The map replaces the right hand map (Mays room) so you have to play as brendan.
I'll be making a different script for brendans room.
You placed the trigger right under a Warp. That was the problem, as the Player will automatically make one step forward when coming out from a Warp, thus, ignoring the trigger.
To fix this, simply place 3 trigger events around the Warp. (You might have to adjust the script slightly for each trigger.)
21osbqu.png

After that, make sure to set the properties for each trigger like this:
21osbpe.png

Now it should work properly.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
I have the following script for a pikachu cry and I was wondering how I can do it so that the pikachu says "PIKAAAA" before you hear the cry.

#org 0x71d520
cry 0xA1 25
#raw 01
end

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
I have the following script for a pikachu cry and I was wondering how I can do it so that the pikachu says "PIKAAAA" before you hear the cry.

#org 0x71d520
cry 0xA1 25
#raw 01
end
To add a text to your script, just add a "msgbox" and "callstd" command to it, together with the text you want to display.
The whole script with an added message box would look like this:
Code:
#org 0x71d520
msgbox 0x71d550
callstd 0x6
cry 0xA1 25
#raw 01
end

#org 0x71d550
= PIKAAAA

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
If the original offset used at first is 0x71d520 how did you come up with 0x71d550 ?
Also when I go and talk to the Pikachu all he says is PIKAAA without a cry.

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
If the original offset used at first is 0x71d520 how did you come up with 0x71d550 ?
Also when I go and talk to the Pikachu all he says is PIKAAA without a cry.
After the offset 71D520, you will find a lot of free space, so, since I wanted to play it safe, and avoid overwriting of your other Script, I increased the offset a bit. And because scripts like that won't take up 30 bytes, it was safe to choose it.

I just tested the script, and it is working fine.

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Hmmm

Scizz said:
Your Script above is as broken as it can be. You should use this one instead:
Code:
#autobank on
#org 0x800100
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x800150
end

#org 0x800150
cry 0xA1 0x8F
#raw 01
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0
#raw 53
#raw 00
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x800200
= It's a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
Replace [Event's Index number] with the Event-Number Advance-Map tells you for that specific Event.

To "get the Script offset to plop into Advance-Map", just copy the offset of where you inserted the Script (800100 in this case, and type it in the Event's "Script offset" box, keeping the leading $-symbol. ($800100))

There is no way of changing Pokémon crys in G/S without a Hex-Editor, yet.

Thanks, ok, I used SSC to creat that bit..
Now for another Q, Afther the event, how could I make the sprte (in this case snoralax)
go away?

Plus more, how do I pacage my scripts into my hacked rom?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
Thanks, ok, I used SSC to creat that bit..
Now for another Q, Afther the event, how could I make the sprte (in this case snoralax)
go away?

Plus more, how do I pacage my scripts into my hacked rom?
The sprite hiding part is already included in the Script.
Code:
#raw 53
#raw 00

Your second question has been asked many times before.
Simply insert your Script in ScriptED's textbox, and click the "compile" button.
Make sure that the ROM you want to compile it to is in the same folder as ScriptED, and that it's filename is free of spaces.
Please use the search function in the future.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Would the following script work to give a bulbasaur in pokemon fire red?
checkflag 0x71c44d
if 0 0x71c44e
setflag 0x0x71c44d
givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00
end

NightKev

1) Which is better, EliteMap or AdvanceMap? (Or is this the "program1 has features A D F while program2 has features B C E" situation?)

2) Would I be able to hack Emerald or am I stuck with Ruby/Sapphire?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ssj said:
Would the following script work to give a bulbasaur in pokemon fire red?
checkflag 0x71c44d
if 0 0x71c44e
setflag 0x0x71c44d
givepokemon 0x01 0x01 0x00
end
No, that Script would not work, because you can not use offsets as Flag values.
Any values from 0 up to FFFF can be used for Flags. (Example: checkflag 0x1EF ; setflag 0x5D2 ; clearflag 0x3)
Also, the #org command at the top is missing.

I reccomend you to have a look at the "commands.html", that comes with EliteMap to see how to use the commands.

Last edited:

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
I would but I kept on geting: DATABASE ERROR... It seems that the whole site is ploped onto one server. Also, I meant to appolgize for not posting in this thread.

And I have tried sending this via quick reply 10 times useing high speed cable internet.

Ok, is there a way to make the script only work if you a have a blue flute in your invo, to make it like the older games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
I would but I kept on geting: DATABASE ERROR... It seems that the whole site is ploped onto one server. Also, I meant to appolgize for not posting in this thread.

And I have tried sending this via quick reply 10 times useing high speed cable internet.

Ok, is there a way to make the script only work if you a have a blue flute in your invo, to make it like the older games.
Here is a sample script, that checks if you have the BLUE FLUTE in your bag, and depending on it, will display a different text.
If you want it to do something different, just change it to your likings.
Code:
#autobank on

#org 0x800000
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
#raw 47
#raw 27 'item \ blue
#raw 0  'item / flute
#raw 1  'quantity \ 
#raw 0  'quantity / one
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800300
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= Now let's see if you have\nthat Item...

#org 0x800300
= Yup, you have the Item.

#org 0x800400
= Nope, you don't have the Item.

NightKev said:
1) Which is better, EliteMap or AdvanceMap? (Or is this the "program1 has features A D F while program2 has features B C E" situation?)

2) Would I be able to hack Emerald or am I stuck with Ruby/Sapphire?
1) Advance-Map and Elite-Map have basicly the same features. (EliteMap might use a different program for some of them, though.)
However, there are some differences, like Advance-Map allowing you to add new Maps, and allowing you to create new wild Pokémon data, while EliteMap allows you to edit the size and position of the Map on the World-Map.
Just use the program you feel most comfortable with. (Or switch editors if you want to use a certain feature, however, that might cause a corruption of the ROM.)

2) Both Map Editors support Pokémon Emerald, however, you will have to add the Emerald settings to EliteMap's "Pokeroms.ini" file in order for it to work.
Those offsets have been posted in the Documents forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back