• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
I'm new to IV breeding. So when I go to the NPC in the Kiloude Pokemon Center, which phrase means 31 IVs? Also which phrase is better than the other?
I've gotten "They Simply Can't be beat!" is this 31 IVs?

Yes, indeed. Horde training is the best way to EV train as long as you have moves like Surf, Rock Slide, Earthquake, etc.

Will it work if I have the pokemon I want to EV train start off in the battle and switch to someone with surf that has already finished EV training?

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
i just got a level 1 carbink from wonder trade...is there a way to breed them? :o

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
i just got a level 1 carbink from wonder trade...is there a way to breed them? :o

Just like all Gender-less pokemon you should be able to breed with with Ditto? I haven't personally tried.

Will it work if I have the pokemon I want to EV train start off in the battle and switch to someone with surf that has already finished EV training?

Yes, that is how I do it. As long as the Pokemon that you are trying to EV train has been in the battle, then it will get the EVs.

Last edited:
Years
Question on breeding ratios?

If I were breeding a male and female PKMN of different species, what is the ratio that the male's species is the outcome? I've been doing this and so-far only getting the female.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I've beaten the elite four but still can't get the mega stones ,

Why not?

Meet Sycamore in the Lumiose Train Station. Battle your rival(if memory serves, you have to participate in the Battle facility first), then they follow the rival's instruction.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
Yes, that is how I do it. As long as the Pokemon that you are trying to EV train has been in the battle, then it will get the EVs.

does that mean that the xp share doesnt share them like its former version?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
does that mean that the xp share doesnt share them like its former version?

I'm not sure about that, but I turn the Exp share off because I'm usually EV training multiple pokemon at the same time.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for the information. One more question. Does anyone know how to get rid of annoying
"Passerby" who keep spamming lets trade/battle/NICE!

To stop Passerby from pestering you. Switch to the PSS interface on the Touch Screen, there you should be able to see an icon that looks like a folder/pad on the top section of your Touch Screen. Tap that button, you should be directed to a section that has Wonder Trade and other stuff, click the "›" button. Look for the settings, then press the communication settings(forgot the exact name). Tap the Passerby and that's it! :)

Where is the battle facility??? Please inform

Sycamore gives you the ticket, right? Ride the train and you should be able to find yourself in a new city. That is where the facility is located. I forgot the name, but there's only one place that is dedicated for battling, so it's not that difficult to find.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
which pokemon from the previous generations are availible to catch

just wondering how much of the pokemon from previous generations can be caught in x and y?like is there a list and i know this is a stretch but is it even possible to trade from pokemon black/white 1 & 2 and getting out too far here between soulsilver etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back